BEST BULB IN FLOWERING FOR QUALITY AND POTENCY?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trich king

Trich king

I run ushio's in my digitals & horti's in my magnetics. Getting ready to switch to epaps though.

Canappa

Canappa

Hear is what I am running for now, I will have 4 in total in a few wks, They where not cheap but well worth the it. The two blue bulbs are for my two 600's which will be converted to two more Solis Tek 1000's
DSCF5239

Trich king

Trich king

Whats up canappa, man I wish I had your set-up! How them fpog's liking that nft system?
Hear is what I am running for now, I will have 4 in total in a few wks, They where not cheap but well worth the it. The two blue bulbs are for my two 600's which will be converted to two more Solis Tek 1000's
View attachment 410671

Canappa

Canappa

@Trich king The baby FPOG are now longer babies they are teenagers, Grow super fast with massive stems, they are loving the new lights it really makes a difference. I will be setting up me netting soon! I will take pics in the morning and post tomorrow. peace bro! ;)

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

View attachment 410671
Bro get the splitter! I don't how much you paid for yours, but I got mine for $214 (shipping included). I forget how much my 1000w mh lamp was, but I know it was the cheapest price I could find. Also, my 600w hps lamps were $59 shipping included, so I'm sure the 1000w lamps aren't that much more. mbferts.com

Trich king

Trich king

Hells ya bro. Sends some pics of that chiller setup to if you dont mind. Peace bro.
@Trich king The baby FPOG are now longer babies they are teenagers, Grow super fast with massive stems, they are loving the new lights it really makes a difference. I will be setting up me netting soon! I will take pics in the morning and post tomorrow. peace bro! ;)

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Lime,i do not beleive we solidarity is trying to ''slang'' anything and i dont think hes referring to plasmas but rather the double ended HPS lamps and fixtures from gavita and e-pappilon.Im kind of confused how you could know so much about lighting and not know that?You say you have tested gavitas but you link to their plasma not HPS DE?thats like comparing apples to oranges.
Sorry if i seem less than excited about your statements but its hard to listen to someone with 17 posts bash a long time member for ''slanging''something when you apparently dont even know WTF hes talking about?

Canappa

Canappa

@dirtyshawa ,I have a splitter on my 1000 for my 600 with an old magnetic ballast right now that why I am going to change it. here are the prices I get and its just a 20min drive from my house the guy is cools as hell gives you great put the door prices, I paid 800 for every thing, Cant get no better any where you look here is a list of the prices. call

1. StkLCD1000 | 1000w Ballast "MATRIX"
- Built in Timer
- Built in Odometer
- Remote Controlled
- Dimmable 400w, 600w, 1000w, 1030w
- Multi Voltage 110v or 220v "Both Cords Included"
- 5 Year Warranty
------ $199.99 ------

2. Stk1000 | 1000W Ballast
- Dimmable 400w, 600w, 1000w, 1030w
- 5 Year Warranty
------ $184.99 ------

3. Stk600 | 600W Ballast
- Dimmable 400w, 420w, 600w, 620w
- 5 Year Warranty
------ $145 ------

4. Solis Wing Reflector
- Height: 6" W: 15", L: 22"
- Socket and 10' Cord Included
- Coverage: 3' x 3' Canopy
- 5 Year Warranty
------ $28 ------

5. SolisEco6 | 6in. Air Cooled Reflector
- Flange: Built in 6"
- Height: 10.2" W: 27.6", L: 37"
- Socket and 15' Cord Included
- Coverage: 4' x 4' Canopy
- Glass: Tempered
- 5 Year Warranty
------ $65 ------

6. Solismax66 | 6in. Air Cooled Reflector
- Flange: Built in 6"
- Height: 7.75" W: 26.5", L: 32.5"
- Coverage: 5' x 5' Canopy
- Glass: Tempered, 100% Sealable, Hinged
- 5 Year Warranty
------ $140 ------

7. Solismax66 | 8in. Air Cooled Reflector
- Flange: Built in 8"
- Height: 10.2" W: 27.6", L: 37"
- Coverage: 5' x 5' Canopy
- Glass: Tempered, 100% Sealable, Hinged
- 5 Year Warranty
------ $145 ------

Solis Tek digital bulbs:

- Are fine tuned to run on the Solis Tek ballast. This means no bulb you run on the Solis Tek ballast can out perform the Solis Tek Bulbs. So YES this means the Solis Tek bulb will outperform Hortilux and Ushio Bulbs
- Are Digital "Pulse Start".
- Come with a 1 YEAR WARRANTY

Hps - Flower Bulb
- 1000w Hps $60
- 600w Hps $57

Mh 4k, 6k, or 10k:
- 1000w $67
- 600w $63

Grow max
-1000w $32
-600w $28

Solis Tek Digital Splitter:
- Turn (1) 1000w ballast output into (2) 600w outputs
- Safley run (2) 600w Solis tek bulbs on (1) 1000w ballast
- Run different spectrums in one reflector - FYI 2k HPS and 4k Mh Bulbs ran together can give you both amazing size and quality harvest.
---- $65 ----

Link: http://www.mbferts.com/

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

Yup, that's who I ordered my Solis Tek gear from! I just get it shipped. You're on it!

ape1337

ape1337

CRAZY about OG kush
Supporter
When I get a new spot i'm def gonna pull the trigger on the Ushio DE 1k / Sun System AC/DE hood combo.

Edit: After looking into the new gavita e-series and the Master EL2 controller I must say i'm getting pretty hyped on gavita. I haven't looked into new lighting for awhile and this thread prompted me to. Exciting times ahead!

Last edited:
We Solidarity

We Solidarity

@LimeSkittles I was referring to the 1000w DE which has blown everything else I've used out of the water. I like CMH bulbs and dual arcs seem nice (haven't used one yet) but honestly nothing has come close to the 1000w de bulb for yield or potency...I will say terpene percentages are definitely higher under LED lights but I wouldn't use them due to needing a certain amount out of a given space.

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

I remember looking at the Gavitas when they first came out and WHAZZUP was on the other boards detailing them. I was all set to go that route, but I don't have the spare 240v outlets. Mine are used for my washer and dryer...running a new box is not an option. Did they ever address this or are they still only 240v entities?

ape1337

ape1337

CRAZY about OG kush
Supporter
I remember looking at the Gavitas when they first came out and WHAZZUP was on the other boards detailing them. I was all set to go that route, but I don't have the spare 240v outlets. Mine are used for my washer and dryer...running a new box is not an option. Did they ever address this or are they still only 240v entities?

In september Gavita is coming out with the E-Series which will work on 120v; couple that with the EL2 controller and you have an amazing product that I plan on giving a go in the future when I change my lighting.

Last edited:
Stoke

Stoke

Would I have any problems using a 1000w 10K Solis-tek MH lamp with my 1000w HPS lumatek digital ballast? I know you should be able to use most MH lamps with HPS ballasts, but there are some out there with problems.

T

toquer

Need some input...
I'm looking at new lighting for next year.
Currently run 16 1000w hps in flower. 2' between each hood edge. 2 rows of 8 lights. 14' x 40'. All XXXL 8" air cooled.
So my thoughts. e-pap 600's or d-pap 315?
The 600's would drop my over all electric consumption to 9600w keeping the same footprint. Cost recuperated in 10 months from electric savings alone.
315w d-pap would require an additional 8 lights as the layout would then be 3 of them over a 4x8. Total wattage is a mere 7560w. The initial cost is 1/3 more but the electrical cost savings is recuperated in the same 10 months.
Bulb and reflector replacement cost is about the same despite being more lights with the d-pap. When calculating cooling costs the d-pap is more economical. 1800btu/light vs the current 4000 or proposed 2500 with the 600's.
So from a first year accounting student the answer is d-pap over e-pap.
Who has had experience with these lights in a larger than small personal grow? Anybody running 24 of these in flower?

T

toquer

SunMaster bulbs are garbage. I picked up 20 bulbs as they were bogo. After 3 months they flicker a month later it's dead. No longer firing. Crap made in China. Buyer beware.

Latest posts

Top Bottom