best butane to use?

• Thread starter Krypto1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gumby420

gumby420

Power X5 butane super refined fuel. 0 impurities and 5 times refined
x5 does not mean it was refined 5 times. Power is a joke. Newport is the shit if you can afford it. if not go with vector.

RoidsRus

RoidsRus

Xikar & Newport... They were the ones to put Colibri out of business other than Stok of course ( Never tried Stok, so I wont recommend)

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

the best butane i've ever used is no butane

solventless FTW
I like solventless in its place but alot of times the smoke can be pretty harsh when put on a nail, and despite what people say I still think it still chars over and leaves a small bit of residue behind on the nail. To each his own I guess.:)

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

yea ur rite on the chars over a lil (dep on the quality ice wax) but who cares? its smoother if done right and doesnt have any of those hydrocarbons people hate on lol...
residue..thats what a rig rag is for...
as for harshness of solventless seems like shouldnt be more harsh unless still moisture in it or didnt make w good shit...
again just what ive found

Graywolf

Graywolf

One of the issues with retaining and concentrating the mono and sesquiterpenes, in addition to the diterpene cannabinoids, is that they all have their own medical properties, one of which is that of an expectorant.

Removing those terpenes makes the extract less floral, but does make it smoother to vaporize or smoke, due to less coughing.

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

lol...ya that makes sense this chick said my tits og 73 mic was "harsh" we laughed cuz itd been cured a few days... but i guess it was just chock full of all dem terpy terps...

Perryl

Perryl

I've been using London, I'm sure there are better options out there, but it works quite well for me. It's like $70 a case though.

Used some Colibri stuff recently that was horrible. Might as well have been dollar store crap.

I always hear good things about Vector and Ntane, but have yet to find them locally.

I've tried solventless, I find scraping the bags to be more work for less yield. Could be because we use bud, but I'm not sure. Everyone I've talked to about ice wax has been using trim.

The quality is there, but it's horrible on a nail. Probably end up just making hash candies out of it.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

So check this out...

I bought a can of neon 5x butane for my torch at the corner store by my house today for 2.99, which is one buck less than the other butane they carry, dodo 7x.

Ive bought this neon 5x before for my torch, but it never had the sticker on it that says NEW FORMULA NEAR ZERO IMPURITIES.....

Heres a pic ...Just wondering what you guys think? Isnt this the same claim that the expensive European butane brands are saying?

PS.. ive read some things on the interweb that says neon 5x has a bad mercaptin smell, this is not the case for me. It smells like any other 5x butane ive used.

Neon 003
DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

Well it turns out ALL canned butane contains a small amount of "Mystery oil" that is used on the inside of the can as a lubrication for the metal. This stuff is a petroleum distillate.

The only way to bypass this MO is to use a closed loop system. Most people just use canned butane for these systems also, but after you add these cans to your tank and do a "dry" run, the MO is left in your collection vessel and you are able to clean the stuff out.

Let me repeat...this mystery oil is in ALL canned butane! UK USA KOREA CHINA! From the most expensive butane down to the cheapest!

Top Bottom