best butane to use?

• Thread starter Krypto1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
waxman

waxman

Good shit. Yeah it makes sense shits darker in florida, the laws make it so. Side note, what ever tane you use, grb some molecular sieve and activated carbon and fill a filter tube to keep funk out, no matter what tane you use a closed loop with good pumps will create such a high level of turbulence in the recovery phase that the possibility of precipitants (water or other) will occur. Happens any time you got a vigorous boil.
@Cypher10z, I really appreciate the tip on using a molecular sieve and activated carbon in the filter tube! Makes sense to me. This is the first I have heard of doing this. I will give it a go with it. Thanks again for the input!
I am open to learning the best practices for making my medicine.
Caring is Sharing!!

Consentratez

Consentratez

Me and the boys at @cypherextracts don't use anything but 99.99 pure medical grade N-butane. The reason is that no matter what can you pick it will contain propellant and usually hydrogen sulfide and mercaptans to make the gas smell. The problem lies in that even with a proper vac oven and pump, the boiling point of these compounds exceeds the boiling point of not only the terpenes but cbd and thc. It's literally impossible to purge properly. Unfortunately you need a license to get a tank, and when you do they are almost 200 lbs.
Yup I wish I had a license I've dreamed of using ntane and am hoping for a cultivation facility soon to enjoy the goodness :)

waxman

waxman

I have tried many, many brands. So far, Newport has produced the best medication for me by far! I have a case of Whip-it Premium 420 ml cans that just came in. I will use this on my next run to see how it stacks up to Newport.
Newport claims "near zero impurities" While, Whip-it Premium states "zero impurities" I decided to try Whip-it due to test results I found online. With Whip-it Premium being #1.
Here are the results:View attachment 587655
I did a run on wednesday with the Whip-it Premium. I was blown away by the difference in Tane evaporation, color of the oil being extracted, amount of return and most of all the flavor was amazing! I have always used Newport after trying many other brands. I use canned butane for small personnel runs and N-Butane in my Passive CLE for the bigger runs. I would say in my opinion that this is the best Tane on the market!
I have some pics of the run.
IMG 6706
IMG 6713
IMG 6718
IMG 6756
IMG 6762
IMG 6771

Consentratez

Consentratez

Here's a small clip of some purtane ran wAx - this is a small sample but looks pretty good so far :). A couple days of purging and it should beeeee goooood :) well the clip took too long so I just took pics

Last edited:
L

lahtada

I read a study that whip it produced best yield, taste and spared terpenes but how to I get bulk for for mass large batch I wonder and I wonder if I did dry ice then butane would I get a better yield cause on a small test batch the yield was very low...

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

since Colibri is out of business whats the next best butane to use?
Really it's up for debate. Obviously not Ronson or any shitty stand in but it's mostly by preference I used to use 14x vector then Newport but lately my preference has been Capitol put n-butane then a lipid wash with everclear and a couple days in the purge chamber I always get a stained glass shatter with Swiss cheese holes

B

Bigweez

Does anyone use 5×?
Well anyways hope this isnt too off topic.
In hopes of getting some feedback, tips, advice. Anything. I blasted some bho sunday, the 18th. Have had it on a low stable heat, for about 4 days now. When I started, during the hot water bath, bubbles rose and rose. Now that some days have passed, less bubbles have been rising, and the product is starting to gloss over. Now here's my question.
After the product is clear of bubbles, should I raise the heat a little to see if any more butane lets out? Vacuum purge the product?
Any tips much appreciated. Will show a picture

B

Bigweez

20160721 184921
it just looks dark because its a puddle. But when its spread thin and held up to the light it's a very nice color

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
How much water ended up getting in your product?

B

Bodeen24

Does anyone use 5×?
Well anyways hope this isnt too off topic.
In hopes of getting some feedback, tips, advice. Anything. I blasted some bho sunday, the 18th. Have had it on a low stable heat, for about 4 days now. When I started, during the hot water bath, bubbles rose and rose. Now that some days have passed, less bubbles have been rising, and the product is starting to gloss over. Now here's my question.
After the product is clear of bubbles, should I raise the heat a little to see if any more butane lets out? Vacuum purge the product?
Any tips much appreciated. Will show a picture
Special Blue 5x is now European Gas. Go with that. Be sure that the can is the Green version and looks like this. For an inexpensive butane it is solid!

NEW SB 5x Can
B

Bodeen24

I did a run on wednesday with the Whip-it Premium. I was blown away by the difference in Tane evaporation, color of the oil being extracted, amount of return and most of all the flavor was amazing! I have always used Newport after trying many other brands. I use canned butane for small personnel runs and N-Butane in my Passive CLE for the bigger runs. I would say in my opinion that this is the best Tane on the market!
I have some pics of the run.
View attachment 591028 View attachment 591029 View attachment 591030 View attachment 591033 View attachment 591034 View attachment 591035
Try Ultra Pure Butane. HQ Mag did a test between Ultra Pure, Newport, Whip It Premium and Colibre. Ultra Pure won.

U

Urban Relief

been dying to make some bho ....but I can only find shitty ronson butane, plus they don't come with any adapters at all, where in a small town or online can I order good butane here in CANADA
BC and Vancouver have TONS of providers!

T

Thesourc3

I'm surprised no one has cited Skunk Pharm Researches extensive study on "mystery oil" contained in butane. If you're serious about your product, a mere mirror test will NOT do. I urge you to read the following article by Skunk Pharm, as they've tested hundreds of different cans of butane using GC/MS. Their list is quite conclusive due to their testing methods, I believe they're listened from least ppm of mystery oil to most.

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/bho-mystery-oil/

And for the record, newer vector is garbage. Any company can write 7x refined, 10x refined, 1000x refined...how are they even refining it? Because Vector doesn't even make the cut for extraction use. Imo, the absolute best you can use is pure n-butane that you can purchase in bulk from companies that refill remotely located houses that require a gas tank. Only thing is, it's expensive and quite frankly not many people need a massive tank of it.

Also, if you guys are interested, skunk pharm also has a great article on REMOVING mystery oil out of your so called "premium butane". Here's the link to that one:

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/removing-butane-mystery-oil-using-a-terpenator/

If you're looking to run oil, you definitely need to read up on Skunk Pharms site. They are highly skilled at what they do and their procedures are full of innovative, brilliant ideas.

Good luck to everyone in their endeavors!

Maddabin

Maddabin

None they all have mystery oil and are nasty as fk best way is to stay solventless and make rosin

Jackstraw215

Jackstraw215

None they all have mystery oil and are nasty as fk best way is to stay solventless and make rosin
starting to see this as the case. I used to really want to make bho but honestly rosin is just so much better in my opinion.

SkyHighLer

SkyHighLer

I'm surprised no one has cited Skunk Pharm Researches extensive study on "mystery oil" contained in butane. If you're serious about your product, a mere mirror test will NOT do. I urge you to read the following article by Skunk Pharm, as they've tested hundreds of different cans of butane using GC/MS. Their list is quite conclusive due to their testing methods, I believe they're listened from least ppm of mystery oil to most.

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/bho-mystery-oil/

And for the record, newer vector is garbage. Any company can write 7x refined, 10x refined, 1000x refined...how are they even refining it? Because Vector doesn't even make the cut for extraction use. Imo, the absolute best you can use is pure n-butane that you can purchase in bulk from companies that refill remotely located houses that require a gas tank. Only thing is, it's expensive and quite frankly not many people need a massive tank of it.

Also, if you guys are interested, skunk pharm also has a great article on REMOVING mystery oil out of your so called "premium butane". Here's the link to that one:

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/removing-butane-mystery-oil-using-a-terpenator/

If you're looking to run oil, you definitely need to read up on Skunk Pharms site. They are highly skilled at what they do and their procedures are full of innovative, brilliant ideas.

Good luck to everyone in their endeavors!

I just read through this thread for the first time, and notice you've found the Best to Worst Canned Butane List. Regrettably, it is now only updated at ICMAG Forums, as Toke City is so neglected I can't log in there anymore.

A testing/retesting, and reordering of nearly all brands currently available in the USA was recently completed.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6099306&postcount=28

D

Danielledabs

For me instead of butane i use 190 proof grain alcohol. My product turned out more potent and cleaner. I extracted alot more oils with it as well. when i tried butane before i had an after taste and with the ethanol i dont, and its edible unlike the butane. i went to ethanol extraction. hope this helps.

Top Bottom