best strain to treat shizophrenia

• Thread starter dirk d
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
surrealife

surrealife

omg...you should shut the F up. 1 opinion that is what you are, and...check the source, you, your just a nobody.
THAT IS ONLY A POSSIBILITY IN CHILDREN EXPOSED TO EXCESIVE AMOUNTS, EVIDENCE TO REPUTE THAT INCREASING
IT IS ONLY A HYPOTHOSIS

more evidence to repute your lies out there than evidence that thc exasborates schizophrenia.
wiki+thc+dopamine ended your argument in 2 secs. do not come on here and spout bs like it is fact. where are your sources... you did however say can, and not does..your saving grace. pipe down
are you even a msw, cuz your sending people to psychiatrists...on a weed forum?
go away! my doctors prescribe pot to me? and you are who?

22yrs smoking....who the f??
source, me a patient who is schizoeffective, and 2nd MM....card?
you know...from my md/phd/msw/npr office,
"
Schizophrenia is a serious, neurobiological, condition. It was once thought to be psychological only, but that has since been disproven--the chemistry and structure of affected individuals' brains is abnormal. This really is not an area for uncontrolled experimentation--tell your patient to see a psychiatrist if his symptoms are severe.

Schizophrenics have a tendency to try and avoid/control their treatment--offering them an alternative that doesnt have similar activity to the neuroleptics could be very damaging.

TLDR:

Tell your patient to STAY AWAY from THC, and frankly any drugs for that matter. His/her brain chemistry is fragile and shouldn't have drastic changes made to it--especially not ones that increase neuroreceptor activity.
**Resident Chemistry Nerd**
Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized." "
your source?
you enjoy listening to yourself much?

The dopamine hypothesis of schizophrenia or the dopamine hypothesis of psychosis is a model attributing symptoms of schizophrenia (like psychoses) to a disturbed and hyperactive dopaminergic signal transduction. The model draws evidence from the observation that a large number of antipsychotics have dopamine-receptor antagonistic effects. The theory, however, does not pose dopamine overabundance as a complete explanation for schizophrenia. Rather, the overactivation of D2 receptors, specifically, is one effect of the global chemical synaptic disregulation observed in this disorder.
wiki, source

you might tell your friend to actually try it in a controlled atmosphere, because, most schizophrenics state the positive benefits outweigh the slight or mild paranoia some get...SOME
"the union"
another factual, quoted source...wow

if i hear more ridiculousness...i'm leaving. that means i am not watching this thread, so no need to go on a quoting spree 4 me....wow offensive. i need to smoke now
never take anothers opinion as fact people, think more criticaly, check sources, research etc

surrealife

surrealife

caveman, thanks...was getting sad
been livn it brother, is what it is, mmj is whats up!,
only thing it doesn't help me with is the manic part of bi-polar....
i smoke too much then. lol
not to be a hypocrite, i'd smoke a good amount daily anyways recreationaly
but, my stomache/esophagus ripped apart from vomiting...naseau..., came from anxiety,
started after army infantry, got worse racing, social anxiety, never new.
was from ptsd, schizophrenia, .
weed for me helps my guts, my naseau, vomiting, gives me an appetite. helps my anxiety, depression, gives me quality of life, makes me happy
am given the mm for..lol...my back?
helps that too, ddd stuff, muscles

and some would spout bs negativity, there nievity pushed on others.... you are taking away potential happiness for others by stating things non-factualy, is my point
gods meds...tread very lightly when talking bad about.
never has done anything negative to anybody that wouldn't end with a nap!
10,000 years...
how about whats in the bottles? 1-10,000 deaths per year, how about cigs...450,000 a year etc, etc
caffine 1-7000...alcohol, 180,000 plus all the collaterall
leave my weed alone .i worked to hard on MMJ stuff
Mrrodgers

squiggly

squiggly

There's no reason to be an asshole. I said what I said only with the best of intentions. If you don't like it--you can kiss my entire ass, and shove the whole thing up yours.

The fact is, schizophrenia is a condition whereby something abnormal is happening in the brain. Be it physical, chemical, or purely mental.

Despite what you've suggested, we do actually have the necessary tools to start to explain schizophrenia in a great deal of cases (tools like functional MRI and PET scanners).

However, we don't have a 100% solid diagnosis for every single case, and that is why it's important to be careful here. It's fine to suggest alternative treatments, but the FACT is that these should be undertaken under the care of a physician. Suggesting otherwise, while it may work for some people, could be VERY DANGEROUS and damaging for others. Schizophrenia is NOT an innocuous disease in every case. Giving advice like this might cause someone to hurt themselves or others.

There is EVERY reason to believe that some of the triggers and mechanisms for schizophrenia are chemical in a great deal of cases (>50%). This means that ingesting anywhere from 5-30 chemicals at one time which are chemically active in the brain might not be the best of ideas for all afflicted persons. Not those who are looking to have a predictable effect on their state of mind. If they're looking to throw caution to the wind and try anything your advice is stellar, but apart from that it's total shit.

The problem with both describing and treating schizophrenics is that it is a widely variable disease. What describes 50% of cases does not describe the other 50%--despite the fact that the disease appears to be the same. This is a disease which has defied description in this way.

THAT is why this type of thing should be undertaken under the care of a physician. If you do some searching through medical journals instead of wikipedia--you will no doubt discover that some cases of schizophrenia have been successfully treated with dronabinol (synthetic thc). Whereas in other cases this medication caused severe problems for schizophrenic patients.

Another thing which is VERY IMPORTANT to mention and about which I DO have a great deal of expertise is that while marijuana can be beneficial for patients with many disorders one of the primary things keeping doctors and the medical industry from embracing it with open arms is that in its CRUDE form the plant is an unpredictable chemical soup. There are all kinds of biologically active molecules in it, and different ones in each strain--with different amounts in each bud.

This is not how medicines are distributed and the effects of medicines applied in this fashion CANNOT be properly quantified or scientifically studied (because there are FAR too many variables).

This is why you'll see that in most studies done by the medical field a synthetic or purified version of a particular molecule is used (CBD, THC, CHC, what-have-you).

So while THC might be helpful to schizophrenics, perhaps a cocktail of CBD, CHC, THC, and 10 active terpenes might cause them a problem. Or perhaps their condition will respond to an 80/20 mixture of THC to CBD, but if you up the mixture to 60/40 there will be problems.

Even if we COULD quantify this type of thing (we can't, and shouldn't try to without studies)--what we know about schizophrenia CLEARLY tells us that it is a variable disease with AT LEAST two and probably many more different forms, causes, and mechanisms.

In effect, schizophrenia is a family of disorders, and not every treatment will work the same way for each person.

You see, with that knowledge, what I've done/said here as someone who has the proper information at hand is made the judgment to DO THE RIGHT THING and refer anyone with schizophrenia or looking to help a schizophrenic to SEEK MEDICAL CARE AND EXPERTISE.

That is what is ethical and proper in this situation.

You are CLEARLY not a doctor (you misspelled hypothesis which is a dead giveaway), and you are not qualified to give out medical advice. Neither am I.

For that reason my advice was to seek proper medical advice and nothing more, the rest of what I had to say was simply meant to serve as logical reasoning as to WHY someone might want to heed my advice to seek out a physician.

If someone asked me how to build a house, I wouldn't go to wikipedia and find out about pouring foundations, framing walls, and doing electrical/plumbing/masonry/etc. and then give them my advice on how to do it. If I did that, I'd be a total assface--and I'd likely get someone killed trying to do electrical work if they listened to my advice.

I would, instead, send them to a contractor; someone with the expertise to help them towards their goal.

In this case, that is a medical doctor--not some guy randomly pulling shit up from a wikipedia page. No amount of huffing and puffing will change that, I'm sorry to inform you.

My advice stays the same:

Stay away, consult a physician. A schizophrenic's brain is having a tough enough time as it is, and NO ONE--not this random guy and not anyone on this site--can tell you with any respectable degree of accuracy what in the actual fuck will happen if they ingest marijuana. There are too many variables in that problem to solve it. A doctor would know that, and that's why anyone with this question should see one.

Period.

Anyone saying otherwise is playing with fire and they are doing something which they clearly do not have the expertise to do. It also happens to be EXTREMELY unethical. I suggest being vigilant in the face of disease and turning your nose up at such morons.

Schizophrenia is a serious disorder, and marijuana is a not a cure-all. You give yourself, and your patient, the best fighting chance against the disease if you consult someone who knows what the fuck they are talking about.

That isn't me and it CERTAINLY isn't the dude from above.

dirk d

dirk d

From my experience(which is limited) I have found that smoking bud is not the best method for people with sever issues, like shizophrenia. Rather a mix of bud/oils/rso, made properly and ORGANIC. Squiggly is correct that almost every case is different. so many variables. I much rather try MJ than some pills tbh though lol. I rather put my faith in what GOD created rather than man lol.

No need to be rude in this thread as we are all just talking and sharing experiences. Unfortunately there is so many variable to growing that to conduct an actual study would be almost impossible. Every strain is a bit different and every grower is different, not to mention environments. I do see HUGE potential in oils though to treat those that might have issues with smoking. good luck to all...

surrealife

surrealife

calm down sunshine...luckily i only have to read the end to find what your squaking about....again
that pic is FUNNY, stop calling me names.
" There are too many variables in that problem to solve it. A doctor would know that, and that's why anyone with this question should see one. "
agreed, too many variables...why would you put your faith in a man who's lively
hood is in direct relationship with the 250+billlion dollar industry?
what, and get prescribed marinol?
anyways, seratonin/dopamine, just salt levels in the end
it's all about the environment, the persons
not even genetic dispositions... environmental
factors are huge

that is what it is about for myself...lack of faith in pseudo sciences, or arts...
you think they got a handle on biological enzyme systems' complexity?
ours, or a plants
i'll keep my faith in GOD'S medicine.
277 people had read your...stuff. they need to know :
that your just some person, like me
and whos' hands they are
putting themselves into......putting on a white coat, does not make you right, or even smart

it is up to each person...you confuse people by stating opinions in a manner that sounds
like it is FACT,. when its your vomiting of junk that you believe

take care.....forum jocky..lol

surrealife

surrealife

your right dirk, no need to be rude.
my girl is here, telling me that in nicu, about breast feeeding. the docs were all aover about
previous mj use, but trying to shove oxycottons, valium, perkiset, and vicadins
all four were the regimine
that is SCARY
said she was so drugged, couldn't even think straight
absolutely horrifying

but, lets agree to disagree

surrealife

surrealife

squiggly,
sorry, i over reacted...i do that sometimes.
i really do not mean to be mean, or rude.
we are all entitled to our opions, is great we have a forum to share
you obviously are quite intelligent. and respect/enjoy some debate.
but i know what i know, and it works for me...
but, what does anyone really know?
guess, to each his own.

all right, take care all,
grow well, smoke better
ps, i tried to take mr.rodgers down, was late...
that is still a good pic though
but it saddens me that you check threads for grammar/spelling mistakes

K

kolah

I think many illnesses especially mental ones are nutritional deficiencies. Seriously.

And often it is coupled with some early childhood emotional trauma.

I do not believe in allopathic medicine and their recipe cookbooks when it comes to natural healing of humans. There are safer and more effective natural ways to get better with a little bit of work and experimenting.

I am also a big fan of psychedelics in healing the human mind, body and soul.

BTW I am not a docturd' nor do I want to be one....just spewing out my opinions.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Yes they are limited! God has no limits. Weed isnt the only healing plant and Doctors certainly need to admit when they dont know

surrealife

surrealife

Cannabis and Schizophrenia/Doctor Explains the benefits of Cannabis
lol, caveman..you'll lve this.
dr. lester grinspoon. talking about the benefits of marijuana for schizophrenia..

i'm crying i'm very at peace.
think he just said the paranoia is from the dea making it a hate crime to smoke
and, 1st time users ...being nubes
cbd 600mg, gives schizophrenics all++, no -
and reminds us...the md's are behind us, because of the drug co's and the DEA
NEED to watch this

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Ill never make fun of another plant again! This must be the Dr. The plant is named after lol hes incredibly intelligent thanks for sharing that interview Surreal.

surrealife

surrealife

yep, wouldn't it be cool to smoke with him...pick his brain some

dirk d, about a good strain. i'm trying tangerine dream, let you know how that is.
satori from mandala seeds is huge MMj strain, 28% thc, was out of stock. am gonna try soon
but, in general. white bud...lemon taste, uplifting usually work awesome on the head

satori add: @ sensible seeds, i have used them
Quick Overview

10 x Regular Cannabis Seed
Type: sativa-indica
Genetics from: Nepal
Cultivation: indoor/outdoor/greenhouse
THC: 23-28%
Harvest outdoor: October
Flowering Indoor: 65 - 70 days
Yield: 550 - 600 gr m/2 indoor, 850 - 1200 gr p/plant outdoor
Height: Medium
High: A clear, cerebral high and strong potency sets in quickly; it supports
concentration & creativity; very inspiring and stimulating. Ideal for writers,
artists, musicians, or other creative people. Recommended for experienced
smokers and if you have a high THC tolerance. Persons not used to highly
psychoactive sativas should be cautious with the dosage.
Aroma: Spicy, fruity, pungent, earthy.
Medical use: Satori shows her therapeutic potential in relieving depression
and anxiety; relieves symptoms of sensory motor neurologic disorders such
as restless leg syndrome (RLS). Overall excellent medical-grade marijuana
for a variety of uses.

i'm all in! long flwr time though

surrealife

surrealife

right, if they would let us spend some money on research, instead of paying people to negate them
the establishment...gotta hate it.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I believe much of the healing process begins before the consumption of the plant for instance if you grow it your self you exist with it and begin the relationship of healing with growth...the plant has power of an ecological source so in a sense i believe the plant can sense its grower wether its direct or indirect fir example direct would be you breathing the plants oxygen and plant breathing your Co2 and indirect being you watering the plant or touching the plant while holding your breathe lol oh how i love the nurture of this symbiotic relationship!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

right, if they would let us spend some money on research, instead of paying people to negate them
the establishment...gotta hate it.
Well the research is being done just not in a conventional way similar to cultural remedies that have never been scientifically tested but still have decisive efficacy....even if only effective in that cultural setting i still recognize it....off to burn another peace out fellas

surrealife

surrealife

it is a weird thing faith,
feel like i was led to mj by the holyspirit 22yrs ago.
told docs, psychs, socialsecurity...i smoke, it helps me
all along, everyone..was a moral conflict to sell a little, to pay less, only because i needed it,
or
@ $160-$200/oz had to get bye on 14 hits a day of commersh from idiots
got arrested a couple times driving, found herb, pipe, MA staties freakin out!!
"i know what this is,,,,it's a bong" your a criminal
what happend, you were army blahblah
he who has an ear...let him listen
gave up on society so long ago....
glad to see you all again

me, i'm now vindicated

real eyes
realize
real lies

"you may live on my planet, but your not in my world" surrealife, 2003
grow well, smoke better

surrealife

surrealife

i agree. lot of therapy in playing with the plants.
chicks get jealous...lol
f*kem, they don't mind smoking it when it's done:)

here is a neat thing,
consciousness in water

remember, we are about 70% water

i keep my faith where it belongs
thank you jesus

Latest posts

Top Bottom