Best way to apply bat guano??

• Thread starter Mr.Metal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Now your talking! You can see I have mixed opinions on veganics...lol If it produces better flavor for the user, rock it. But do some testing to compare it to the natural method of using animal waste & whatnot.
I'm trying to picture a fish remembering not to poop in the veganic plant section of the pond...lol
I would never use veganics on their own if at all...I love scat to much :)

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Yeah, I'd be uber suspect of anyone claiming outdoor Veganic unless it's a professional greenhouse with a serious layer of rocks for a base layer. Even in big ass containers the roots will most likely grow through the bottom of the container and into the ground rendering the Veganic nutrition somewhat tainted, imo

Now if they have raised platforms for air transport and prune roots from growing into the ground and shield the ground from animals/birds than I suppose Veganic outdoor would happen....lol

Yeah, sorry bout that, last lil rant

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Yeah, I'd be uber suspect of anyone claiming outdoor Veganic unless it's a professional greenhouse with a serious layer of rocks for a base layer. Even in big ass containers the roots will most likely grow through the bottom of the container and into the ground rendering the Veganic nutrition somewhat tainted, imo

Now if they have raised platforms for air transport and prune roots from growing into the ground and shield the ground from animals/birds than I suppose Veganic outdoor would happen....lol

Yeah, sorry bout that, last lil rant
Last post for a minute....lots of transplanting going on today :)...can you say Mendo Mookies getting new digs :)

Fwiw it seems stupid when you think about vegetarian plants...maybe stupids the wrong word...how bout sacrilegious.

My god...dog farts are brutal.

Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Last post for a minute....lots of transplanting going on today :)...can you say Mendo Mookies getting new digs :)

Fwiw it seems stupid when you think about vegetarian plants...maybe stupids the wrong word...how bout sacrilegious.

My god...dog farts are brutal.

The Circle of Lifw, I think would be a good way to put it :) lol

vaporedout

vaporedout

just saw this via my good friend George Takei, seems like a good place for it :) the caption is "ITS JUST A BAT DREAM" :)
Bat

i was curious about the guano as well, i have some high phos guano and i was just about to top dress it, based off what i read in this thread it may be too late to do that now that were in flower a week or so. so im gonna do a tea with some of it along with a tad bit of fish emulsion to mix better.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Now your talking! You can see I have mixed opinions on veganics...lol If it produces better flavor for the user, rock it. But do some testing to compare it to the natural method of using animal waste & whatnot.
I'm trying to picture a fish remembering not to poop in the veganic plant section of the pond...lol

Thing is with the frass, use it with Tlo plus you can combine vaganics with both. so you can have all 3 worlds of shit, wait do plants shit? lol

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Do any of you guys think there might be too much N in the bat shit for flowering?

i always wonder if Im giving too much N too late in the cycle.:confused:
I always wonder if thats why my shit is so leafy

Bannacis

Bannacis

It depends on what its numbers are.. 2-5-3 ??? but thing is guanos are a slow releaser, so if its a little high in the N,
it could still be available late in flowering.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
do a 0-9-0 or 0-11-0 type of bat guano for floral if you want it free of nitro..

duh...Good thinking Baba Thanks..
Does the Guano have lots of Micro bennies like the EWC do?

seems like this would be easier

K

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Same brand cgKen, but check their blue bottle that isn't in the natures nectar line up. It's organa guano and it's 0-4-0 I think. Good stuff!

CropAndGardn

CropAndGardn

Sooo I'm just wondering whats the best way to apply and get the most out of your bat guano. Right now I'm using SUNLEAVES jamacain bat guano, and it says it can be applied to water, but as we probably all know its just not completely soluble, and there's always residual particles floating around in the Rez.
I know you can top feed, use it as a soil amendment, and brew it in a tea and what not. But I've also read somewhere saying the bat guanos took 4 months to be broken down to a usable state; which there wasn't any supporting facts or evidence ( i mean i would like some kind of accredidation lol) so I'm wondering is that true? WHATS UP?? What's the best way to get the most outta my shit, so to speak ;)
PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

Use a organic tea starter like Xtreme Tea
http://www.xtreme-gardening.com/products/xtreme-tea-brews
A zyme like cannazyme sensizyme multi-zen hygrozyme
The accreditation you are looking for is in organic science.
Guano's / Organics in general are broken down over time by the microbes in the medium, enzymes help the digestion of material in your medium / res
Guano's don't "take 4 months to break down to a usable state" they do break down over a longer period of time, however the nutrients are readily available / useable & will become more available as the micro-herd processes it.
Experiment: Put exact amounts of guano in 2 separate containers just add water to one & add microbes & enzyme to the other. Make sure the TDS is the same in both containers. shake a few times a day to aerate for 2 or 3 days.
Result: The EC / TDS will be higher in the container that has enzymes & microbes because they released the elements from their bindings.

Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Use a organic tea starter like Xtreme Tea
http://www.xtreme-gardening.com/products/xtreme-tea-brews
A zyme like cannazyme sensizyme multi-zen hygrozyme
The accreditation you are looking for is in organic science.
Guano's / Organics in general are broken down over time by the microbes in the medium, enzymes help the digestion of material in your medium / res
Guano's don't "take 4 months to break down to a usable state" they do break down over a longer period of time, however the nutrients are readily available / useable & will become more available as the micro-herd processes it.
Experiment: Put exact amounts of guano in 2 separate containers just add water to one & add microbes & enzyme to the other. Make sure the TDS is the same in both containers. shake a few times a day to aerate for 2 or 3 days.
Result: The EC / TDS will be higher in the container that has enzymes & microbes because they released the elements from their bindings.

Very nice, and this is what I've really been looking and waiting for. I'm a little confused about the product that you showed, from what the link is saying is sounds like a pre packed compost tea bag. I have used the xtreme garden mykos drops and am familiar with their company but not this product. Would you say the zymes arw comparable to like a catalyst, say roots organic trinity??
So what you're saying is; the strength of the "micro-herd" dictates the breakdown speed, right? Which makes complete sense :) which leads me to think..So as long as you've treated your soil and its alive, so to speak, then the guano ( or said nutrient) will be processed and used up fairly quickly regardless right??

Top Bottom