BHO v RSO v DME v Rosin v bubble hash.

• Thread starter Kevuk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GoblinSmasher

GoblinSmasher

Hello, late to the thread but chiming in anyways;

Dry sifting - low yield , high quality
You will get better return if frozen equipment and material first.

Alcohol - for shatter , had good results with it. Amazing to turn leaves that would be thrown away into an extract that works.

This shatter is very versatile. It is neutral in taste and smell. It can be used in cooking or smoking.

Whatever you go for, good luck

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

I used Everclear in a crock pot to extract my trim last year. Unfortunately I didn't properly winterize to get the waxes out. End product still worked.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I used Everclear in a crock pot to extract my trim last year. Unfortunately I didn't properly winterize to get the waxes out. End product still worked.
The key difference between a rotovap and crock pot is that lower temp extraction is possible by playing with the low boiling point of Ethanol under vacuum.

You can quite literally get the same result (minus some terpenes) as a rotovap if you let it evaporate at room temp. The problems there are cost of solvent since you don’t reclaim, the time it takes, and the heavier than air Ethanol vapors that you have to plan for. But that is how I started this path. Washing pucks after I pressed them. Evaporating in the garage. This method is probably what I would recommend for someone who has access to ever clear but no money or room for equipment. The hardest part is trying to figure out how to exhaust the vapors.

Kevuk

Kevuk

Thinking of ordering this.

Its basic but I don’t need auto lift.

Looking at chillers but not sure what size and they're expensive for what they are.
117A6D8D 4E17 425D 9959 47A852C74066

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

The key difference between a rotovap and crock pot is that lower temp extraction is possible by playing with the low boiling point of Ethanol under vacuum.
What is the boiling point under vacuum, asking because my megahome oil distiller that i use has a 320 watt element that heats to 185 f as apposed to their water distiller that has a 560 watt element to heat the water to 212f

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

What is the boiling point under vacuum, asking because my megahome oil distiller that i use has a 320 watt element that heats to 185 f as apposed to their water distiller that has a 560 watt element to heat the water to 212f
At standard pressure ETOH boils at 79*C. At 28 inches of mercury it drops to 34*C.

The higher the vacuum the lower the BP.

The key is to keep it all under 40*C to maintain terpenes.

kyLman

kyLman

Please don't overlook quality air extraction. I don't wanna hear about you passing out from fumes or blowing up your kitchen.
If anyone needs a PSA on making BHO....do NOT do open air extraction near anything with a clutch/motor/starter. I can tell you about a sad day when I blew up a house... luckily everyone was okay.

Butane fumes go DOWN not up.....so they started collecting near the base of my freezer, which has an auto start function...so it auto started, small spark from motor, and BOOM.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Sure.

I actually gave my source turbo to @Moshmen who I think is still using it.

It does not hold a candle to a rotovap, but they do work and have quite a following and a very active forum with lots of good info.
I passed it on , liked it enuff to buy one ! My accesss to everclear is limited so reclaiming works well - I’d say I can make about 1/4 of wax in 4/5 hrs - but I also press

I use the alcohol extraction to get it all after a dry sift , or trimm job , pucks basically the last stop before the trash can, taste isn’t there like my press but return sure is better.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

If anyone needs a PSA on making BHO....do NOT do open air extraction near anything with a clutch/motor/starter. I can tell you about a sad day when I blew up a house... luckily everyone was okay.

Butane fumes go DOWN not up.....so they started collecting near the base of my freezer, which has an auto start function...so it auto started, small spark from motor, and BOOM.
That really sucks man. Sorry that happened. I’m sure it was life changing even tho everyone lived.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I passed it on , liked it enuff to buy one ! My accesss to everclear is limited so reclaiming works well - I’d say I can make about 1/4 of wax in 4/5 hrs - but I also press

I use the alcohol extraction to get it all after a dry sift , or trimm job , pucks basically the last stop before the trash can, taste isn’t there like my press but return sure is better.
I asked @GanjaFarmer24 about dry sift and he laughed at me. I’ve never done it before because of the freeze drier. I’m trying to figure out if it is worth trying. I see the obvious benefits but is it a better product I guess in terms of taste or potency than the press or etoh extracts?

when you press are you primarily using a dab rig? What about edibles?

just curious I’d like to hear from anyone with personal experience. Why is consumption of one extract type more preferable than another like you and your wife?

Right now I am learning up on THCP and the undiscovered cannabinoids and looking at all the extractions thru that lens. Is my process potentially breaking these highly valuable minors?

Moshmen

Moshmen

As far as my wife goes I think she just likes the terp profile of bho - no matter what I press at it still tastes alt like weed! lol but I’ve given up with bags and suffer with a little bit of plant material , I feel like I get fuller “spectrum”effect. Maybe in my head but it’s my opinion the quick wash stuff again I probably don’t remove enuff crap to please her but I’m weird I guess and like the little extra. U do have to clean the rig more often.

edibles - well I’m one of “those” guys lol I don’t really get high on edibles if I do I eat a a minimum 1000 mil. From a dispo
At home here I use the reclaim from the dab rig and fill caps with .4/.5 or more depending on weather I want to relax or go to sleep . Lol

Moshmen

Moshmen

Dry sift I’m just gettin started with , @GNick55 got goin on up in Canada - I want to some make something like real old school hash so pressing the dry sift by hand is where I’m headed

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

As far as my wife goes I think she just likes the terp profile of bho - no matter what I press at it still tastes alt like weed! lol but I’ve given up with bags and suffer with a little bit of plant material , I feel like I get fuller “spectrum”effect. Maybe in my head but it’s my opinion the quick wash stuff again I probably don’t remove enuff crap to please her but I’m weird I guess and like the little extra. U do have to clean the rig more often.

edibles - well I’m one of “those” guys lol I don’t really get high on edibles if I do I eat a a minimum 1000 mil. From a dispo
At home here I use the reclaim from the dab rig and fill caps with .4/.5 or more depending on weather I want to relax or go to sleep . Lol
Yeah I forgot about that. I did some reading and you are a genetic mutant lol

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Dry sift I’m just gettin started with , @GNick55 got goin on up in Canada - I want to some make something like real old school hash so pressing the dry sift by hand is where I’m headed
I’d like to see that. @GNick55 is that in one of your threads?

Top Bottom