BigCube's grow show and tell.

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigCube

BigCube

I have had it before on some thicker colas, I just cut the offending cola of after I covered with a plastic bag to stiffle spore's.
Risky but worth a few days to make sure no further occurrences.

There on like 40% of my colas. But from prior experience, I know it's a losing battle. I am a snob when it comes to clean cannabis. Lol.

Not worth the money and time to run it for the last 3 weeks. I'm better off starting over. It will also give me a chance to rearange my wiring, something that obviously needs doing 😆 also there is a chance of infecting the veg tent the longer I try to battle it.

I'm sure it happens a lot. But not to me lol. I'm usually very particular about cleanliness. I'll just cut my losses now and start again. But I also wanted to share it with my diary. Add some authenticity lol. To think people actually told me how good I was at growing. 🤣
This to me is a rookie mistake. Looking at it now, I'm not sure how I thought it would be ok. That's probably a couple pounds on that plug. Surprised it didn't happen earlier.

BigCube

BigCube

What a bummer ahhhhhh crap buddy I feel for you

Thanks, I'm sure I'll be ok 🤣 I've still got lots from my last crop, so I wont hurt.
Chalk it up to a lesson learned.

When I added the red lights, I kind of cobbled everything together. Where as I should have taken the time to remove the plants from the tent, run an actual power bar in to the tent (something I'm going to do from now on.) Then wire everything properly.

As it was I ended up with this:

20200529 092558

20200529 092502

20200529 092651

Rooke

Rooke

Thanks, I'm sure I'll be ok 🤣 I've still got lots from my last crop, so I wont hurt.
Chalk it up to a lesson learned.

When I added the red lights, I kind of cobbled everything together. Where as I should have taken the time to remove the plants from the tent, run an actual power bar in to the tent (something I'm going to do from now on.) Then wire everything properly.

As it was I ended up with this:

View attachment 979146
View attachment 979148
View attachment 979147
Man that was fast. You will bounce right back in the saddle again

BigCube

BigCube

Alright. 1 week later. I've removed the plants. They are now outdoor at my father's place. Seems to have fixed the wpm. So with any luck they will be ok. But I'm not a fan of anything that's been mouldy.

I've bleached the ever loving shit out of e everything, all tents, all pots, all fans lights and cords. Basically everything has been aggressively cleaned with a strong bleach solution.

20200531 152232

I'm now in the middle of setting things back up. I have sprayed my remaining clones with sulfur so anything on them wont carry over.

I think I'm ready to go again. Man I hate problems. Wish me luck!

WankirA

WankirA

Sure its enough to keep that issue down for now: hope it IS a thing of the past.
Which clones are you getting back in BC'?

BigCube

BigCube

Sure its enough to keep that issue down for now: hope it IS a thing of the past.
Which clones are you getting back in BC'?

They are clones taken from the same plants when they were in veg. Gelato and the retro blueberry rescue.

WankirA

WankirA

Okeedokee BG, how does the gelato clone?
I have one in stock but went Zkittlez first, trouble is its a bastard to clone (my standard MO is to mainline and use cuts for clones but done 6 Zkittlez clones and only managed to save 1.
Think until I got future stock (breeding all I have now to seed before I flower) assured I'll hang fire on my gelato for a bit.

BigCube

BigCube

Okeedokee BG, how does the gelato clone?
I have one in stock but went Zkittlez first, trouble is its a bastard to clone (my standard MO is to mainline and use cuts for clones but done 6 Zkittlez clones and only managed to save 1.
Think until I got future stock (breeding all I have now to seed before I flower) assured I'll hang fire on my gelato for a bit.

Apparently I'm not the guy to ask about cloning. I've never had a problem cloning any strains. If I want 1 clone, I take 3. After a week, I toss the weakest one, a week later i do that again. Leaving me with 1 well rooted clone.

I've been called a liar before for saying I havent lost a clone yet. But it's TRUE, I havent. I've thrown many out, but all were still alive when I did.

My cloning technique:

Take clones at 3x what you want.
Usually lower branch cuttings.
Cut at about 30 degrees, shaved bark off the back end.
Planted in a solo cup full of promix hp. No nutrients for the first week.
2nd week about 150ppm nutes.
Placed in the corners of the veg tent or under the canopy of another plant.

Usually in 2 weeks I have roots coming out the drain holes. Not sure if I'm doing anything different than anything else. But from the names I've been called, I'm assuming people have trouble cloning.

WankirA

WankirA

Am getting better with clones but still bring a poor game: but this Zkittlez has me on the ropes, I hate buying more seeds to replace what should be a simple exercise to clone.
Hey fk what others say, especially if it works for you..
👍

BigCube

BigCube

Alright back in action.

20200710 080415

Everything's been well the last few weeks. No sign of WPM, plants are healthy.

20200710 080425

The one on the right is the RBR (retro blueberry rescue). The one of the left is a strain of JAH my buddy has been working on. I'm giving the gelato a break this time around. Still have a clone of the gelato and of the RBR that I plan on seeding.

BigCube

BigCube

Nice to see ya back. Looking good!

I finally found out what was wrong in my garden. Root aphids. I have culled all plants not ready in 2 weeks and am cleaning and starting all over.

Oh shit man! Sorry I've been busy and away. I don't even remember your symptoms 🙁

Glad to see you got it figured out 👍
I effectively just did the same thing. Toss the plants, emptied all 3 tents. Bleached the ever loving hell out of everything. Let it sit a couple weeks, bought a new bale of promix and started again.

It wasn't too bad. The worst was the plants I tossed were 3 or 4 weeks from done lol.

BigCube

BigCube

They are doing great, buds are starting to fill in. Just using the 1 240w 3000k kingbrite. Quite impressed.

20200718 102236

20200718 102306

The veg tent is also doing fine. Have a copy of each and clones for my dad.
Still vegging on dollar store led bulbs 🤣

20200718 102509

And for those who've been following my story, those 3 time gold winning master kush plants and the wpm gelato and RBR went to my dad. Who put them outside after he cropped them to reveg.

Well one of the master kush grew a few balls and seeded everything he had out there lol. So I took the opportunity to grab some of the seeds.

20200718 102816

So here are some more seeds for my collection. The apple Jack was given to me and wasn't a part of this.

The master kush seeds are off of another master kush plant, not the one with the balls.

Then we have:
Retro blueberry rescue x master kush
Gelato x master kush
Blueberry kush x master kush

Just drying them out before I store them. Will probably be trying them soon.

BigCube

BigCube

Quick update, the plants are doing great (left a jah my buddy has been working on, right retro blueberry rescue)

20200724 080929

20200724 080940

I've also started a few seeds for next go, going to start some applejack and a gelato x master kush. The gelato master is only 1 week off the plant, so I hope they arent too new to fire.

BigCube

BigCube

Just a quick update on the seeds.
So far 3 of the 4 apple Jack have cracked, and all of the Gelato x Master Kush cracked.

Waiting for the taps to get a bit longer before I plant them.

I was kind of surprised when all 4 gel x mast cracked, being only 1 week off the plant. From shit I was reading, people were making it sound like you needed to dry, cure and age them. But obviously you dont need all that. I let them sit out in open air for 7 days. That's it. Germinated like normal via the paper towel in a bag method. 👍

BigCube

BigCube

Still going strong. Wish I used more than a 1.5g pot for the Jah, it dry out fast. Lol

20200801 085907

20200801 085919

I'm guessing 2 or 3 more weeks. We shall see. The RBR has sagging branches already. I didn't trim as much off the bottom as I usually do, so there are a couple branches that dont reach the net but are heavy as.... so they just sag 🤣

RBR
20200801 090144

JAH
20200801 090323

The seedlings are doing good.

All 4 gelato x master cracked, and 3 are out and running. The 4th is a little behind I guess? Probably not a keeper.

20200801 091011

Very interested to see what this cross brings.

Would be cool if could send some seeds out to some fellow canadians, and see others try them. I know it's a bit sketchy even though it's totally legal now. 🤣

Top Bottom