BKs Bean Popping & Chucking Adventure

• Thread starter bunkerking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunkerking

bunkerking

Thats awesome. I am growing some primocane bearing blackberries and have 3 blueberry bushes I planted 2 seasons ago. The BlackBerry plants are awesome as I get fruit from june (big crop) all the way to frost. Rabbits set my blueberries back as they ate them to nubs over winter! Hope to see fruit this year.

I'm quietly watching your thread. Keep up the good work.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I'm quietly watching your thread. Keep up the good work.
Oh boy I hope I don't let you guys down lol I bet its entertaining to watch us nubies make the mistakes and hopefully learn from them along the way. I am having issues with cold and humidity. I bought a sm heater with thermostat but when I set it to the temp I want it cuts off and next time it cuts back on it jumps to 80-84° lol. So its either 68-70 or 80's no in between. Too small of an area I suppose. RH is around from 50-38. I can say this...God the time goes by SLOOOOOW on this 1st grow HAHAHA! I guess that's a good thing. here's a picture of how I protect the blueberries. Lessons learned lol and my best buddies 😎
20200305 164738

bunkerking

bunkerking

Oh boy I hope I don't let you guys down lol I bet its entertaining to watch us nubies make the mistakes and hopefully learn from them along the way. I am having issues with cold and humidity. I bought a sm heater with thermostat but when I set it to the temp I want it cuts off and next time it cuts back on it jumps to 80-84° lol. So its either 68-70 or 80's no in between. Too small of an area I suppose. RH is around from 50-38. I can say this...God the time goes by SLOOOOOW on this 1st grow HAHAHA! I guess that's a good thing. here's a picture of how I protect the blueberries. Lessons learned lol and my best buddies 😎View attachment 947476

Ugh always takes 10 attempts to close that ad lol.

What? I almost gave up growing 5 months ago. Was failing so bad. Was doing almost everything right but a few things. It was beyond my understanding till cemchris helped out.

I'm still a student of mother nature. Still wrong about alot of things.

And omg I love German Shepherds. I start talking in a baby voice to them. Awz whoz a cute puppers. Yes you r.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Like why I'm getting tip burn when I reduced my ppms of growbig.

My best guess is the plant is drinking so much. The ppms spike due to dry coir. And I need to wake up early for twice a day feeding. She's drinking about a gallon a day.

But fuck if I kno lol. Still learning.

The fade is coming in nicely too

IMG 20200306 201037
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Like why I'm getting tip burn when I reduced my ppms of growbig.

My best guess is the plant is drinking so much. The ppms spike due to dry coir. And I need to wake up early for twice a day feeding. She's drinking about a gallon a day.

But fuck if I kno lol. Still learning.

The fade is coming in nicely too
I really enjoy seeing beautiful pot plants! It has become a new obsession. I love seeing how they transform themselves from scrawny bushes into the beautiful flower stage. I only wish I could smell them! Hahaha yeah! My dog Stella the G shepherd is the smartest dog I have ever owned and the biggest sweetest baby you would ever come across. LOL All she wants to do is catch the ball and please us. Rudy the pug is a sweetheart too but pugs are stubborn and hard headed lol funny as hell though. I trained them both with inground electric fence and they don't wear a collar anymore and won't hardly leave the yard unless I'm there. Best thing I ever did for them.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Yah that's gotta be the tip burn issue.

Really the goal is after 10% of the volume of the pot used up. Feed again. 2.6g pot. More like 60% by the time I feed it.

The roots on the top surface are getting super fat.

We are at the end of week 10 from when I flipped to 12-12.

8 week strain my ass lol. Still growing. It will just depend how long till it ambers out.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Man all this decongestant medicine is just keeping me up. All wired.

So nice the pain is almost gone.

Here is what will happen in the example above. The nodes below the top will start to grow out. Then you top the main node again.

And vala. No more out of control branches.

Screenshot 2020 03 07 06 50 10
bunkerking

bunkerking

I have a filter. I just am not gonna trust hanging 30+ lbs of weight from a cheap tent.

I pull air from out of the tent into a filter. It sits outside.

Smells like a burning tire & lemon trees lol.

smell is strong, hurts my nose (still stuffed up)

bunkerking

bunkerking

Last thing. Right now we are running 5ml magamp and 3ml growbig. Next batch will be 4ml magamp and 3ml growbig.

Once we start seeing amber, like 10%. Will hit with bonemeal only to finish off till around 20% amber 80% milky.

@Enforcer When you flush with sugar only. The plant is going to be extruding chemicals to attract microbes. So it gets the food it needs.

But If the microbes have easy to access food and are multiplying. Doesnt that mean less love to the plant? And you should run sugar a few weeks earlier to grow the microbe population. Then when it's flush, both need each other?

Last edited:
bunkerking

bunkerking

For those interested in shaping.

Mk has been fimmed and topped. Branches are growing out. I've been plucking off fans that block light to the lowers.

She's getting her monks crown to grow out nicely. Once it's a few inches taller, I can start to shape the location of the branches.

It might look like alot of work, but it's not.

IMG 20200309 124112
bunkerking

bunkerking

Looks like waking up early for feeding twice a day is stopping the tip burn. Its not progressing anymore.

Just sucks lol. But nobody wants cooked flowers.

IMO the issue is way too much perlite. half the volume of the pot cant even hold water.....
This is in the cheap coco though.

Next batch of coco i make, its gonna be without any perlite.

Just losing out on extra food, water, and air.

Latest posts

Top Bottom