Black African

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

Reef,
I see now where you floated off to. Hope the family is doing well. I am curious if you had a chance to work the ba strain yet and if you got back any of the congo #3. The Miss's is still pissed that i lost your willie and red congo. I see you went for buckets. I'll post a pic of my design when I get a chance. Went home for a week and came back 8 days later to a 3' spurt while I was gone. What a cluster fuck cleaning up that mess. Those misters I added kicks ass. Suerte JK

U

Ulysses

Good to hear from you JK...

Is this strain some sort of Congo/Durban hybrid? Maybe a Congo/CamboHaze?

What DJ Short had to say:

Black Magic African
This herb is the strongest ever. Although I have only smoked the Black Magic a very limited number of times, and I've never had more than a joint of my own, I feel it needs mention. I did once get to see a bag of this herb that belonged to someone else. It looked like rotted, black leaf, some leaves intact but crumpled, plus a powdery black shake. It had no particular odor other than sweet spicy moldy hay, and rolled best into thin pinjoints.

The smoke was slightly harsh, but with a very deep, rich flavor. I also recall that it produced lots of white smoke. Anyhow, this stuff was dangerous! I often questioned if it was truly pure herb. I have, however, sampled the same product from different sources at different times, all with the same story.

It was equatorial Black African, the supposed herb of some tribe, Pygmy group, or another equally incredible origin! It was likely an indigenous Central African herb. One pinjoint between three or four people was more than adequate. This was truly the most devastating and consciously inebriating herb I have ever smoked.

I do not recall ever passing out or losing consciousness, but I did have to let go in order to come back . This stuff alone could cause one to reach 3.5 pluses on the Shulgin psychedelic rating scale!

I never was able to acquire seeds from the Black African, though I have tried. It is one of the few indigenous strains that I am interested in working with.

DJ's sample sounded like it was sweated or water cured, perhaps...

Any additional information on this strain appreciated...

B

British_Hempire

Black Magic African was/is of unknown origin as far as I know, what DJ says about being equatorial is probably right as it's supposed to be an extreme sativa, I guess it's probably from either the Congo of Gabon, Kenya, Uganda, Burundi or Uganda, or perhaps Tanzania, who knows, the Congo is a lawless place, especially the eastern part, poachers and guerrillas abound and the infrastructure such as roads have deteriorated so badly the region had become quite inaccessible so I doubt anyone has traveled much in this area studying the cannabis varieties.

DJ's description reminds me of Malawi cobs where they wrap the buds in banana leaves or corn husks and bury them in the ground for a few months. Malawi is quite psychedelic but not as devastating as DJ describes.

R

Reeferman

JK I am working a a female line of teh red congo and its yours as soon as I am finished I am glad to see you here this man has forgotton more about hydroponics than many will ever know .
RM

S

samara

lol.......good one!!!!! we say that line about my forman at work....he has forgotten more about printing than many will ever know.

cheers

S

SnowCap

The Black Congo is another one I've been waiting on since Reef said he was waiting for the Black Magic African beans to show up from one of his locked away spots.

nurlord

nurlord

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the $180 for the Black African. Just not sure I want to get into another long flowering sativa type right now. I wonder what the yield is like though. If I can get anywhere near a p a light it might be worth the 11 weeks.

R

Reeferman

Its a big producer and makes the best sativa hash our fav hash from the last dry I made .
Its really special I made a really big batch of these in south america but lost em so thats it for some time .
Reef

D

doggystyled73

I know i've inquired about this before so I'll repeat it here. The black african Reeferman has is NOT the same as what DJ talks about. No need for anyone to get confused.

nurlord

nurlord

Ha, I was about to ask how he'd know that considering DJ didn't know much about it and Reef has already said he doesn't know if they're the same genetics.

D

doggystyled73

Doggy how would I know that ?

I remember talking about it on one of your first threads here at the farmer.. you said you weren't sure of your black africans exact lineage but that it's related to durban or something? Let me look around i'll find it

R

Reeferman

Yes and in that thread I said I have no idea if that is what dj is talking about , I still do not know if that is what dj was talking about its a killer sativa the flavor is not at all like durban and it produces massive hash .
Big yields
Reef

D

doggystyled73

Yes and in that thread I said I have no idea if that is what dj is talking about , I still do not know if that is what dj was talking about its a killer sativa the flavor is not at all like durban and it produces massive hash .
Big yields
Reef

I see.. ya got any pics of it by any chance reef?

R

Reeferman

I did say in 1 dutch printed seed list in dutch that DJ short spoke of this strain however I was corrected by a friend in rotterdam that this was in holland for so long that its likely not that strain and he felt I should not advertise that .
A friend does let me see if he is around
Reef

D

doggystyled73

I did say in 1 dutch printed seed list in dutch that DJ short spoke of this strain however I was corrected by a friend in rotterdam that this was in holland for so long that its likely not that strain and he felt I should not advertise that .
A friend does let me see if he is around
Reef

thanks for clearin that up Reef.. i didnt want you think i was bustin your chops or anything.. but after i read Dj's book and about that particular strain i never thought of weed the same again.. just boggled my mind how one variety could possibly be so much more potent than another.. i mean after all its just weed right? lol

N

Nirrity

...just boggled my mind how one variety could possibly be so much more potent than another...
Could be easily. It's not about THC potency, it's about psycho potency. I smoke Angola Roja pheno of LMN's Angola Roja X Banghi and it has very intense, dense high, very mind affecting pot, even faces become heavily affected, not the red eyes only, but the whole mimic. Strange high, you got very stoned but not in indica-like manner, it's sort of Bushman's meditation weed, energetic, concentrated, the whole world become the part of your mind game...

M

Medic

Thanks for saving me 180 doggystyzle.
Funny. Its all about Marketing now adays.

Medic

Top Bottom