Black African

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
4 Dragons

4 Dragons

I smoked some diesel and the first thing that went through my head was low grade Mexican so I really hope Chemdog is not that.

J

Jalisco Kid

If my Strawberry D from a dog was low grade I sure would be more happy home. Suerte JK

R

Reeferman

I have no idea I was growing chemo for over a decade and its a yielder ! I do not think chem is mexican or chemo .
Reef

V

v0ssman

sounds like hes got good stuff if hes working with your gear Reeferman! :afroweed: I remember Highgrade mentioning the rare black phenotype of malawi, it mangled most people unlike the normal pheno. He said he back crossed til it was stable and then crossed it with a Special White widow Clone. Very funky lookin plant, looks like it belongs in the jungle.. along with Black Ice

D

doggystyled73

sounds like hes got good stuff if hes working with your gear Reeferman! :afroweed: I remember Highgrade mentioning the rare black phenotype of malawi, it mangled most people unlike the normal pheno. He said he back crossed til it was stable and then crossed it with a Special White widow Clone. Very funky lookin plant, looks like it belongs in the jungle.. along with Black Ice

hey vossman have you tried either of them?

V

v0ssman

No, sorry If it seemed like I was speaking from my own growing experience. It was from grow journals. Im going to grow some out this year along with a few of his other strains, against some other seedbanks to see whos got the good genes

R

Reeferman

i think I just clued into who high grade is da sorry I am pretty sure I had some decent outdoor seeds from him years ago if I recall correctly .
Reef

JJ-NYC

JJ-NYC

what's you take on this Chemdog thing? Do you think it might be Chemo x Mexican?
I don't think so. Mexican, no way. From my experience from growing it, I believe it's some kind of Afghani or Kush, due to it's skunky, indica traits. soma's bagseed came out of the UnderDawg.

B

British_Hempire

Hiya JJ

Makes sense that soma's was the underdawg. Chemdog is definitely heavily indica, just I was smoking some Chemdog #4 the other day and the taste really reminded me of some Mexicans I've grown and when I grew some Chemdog 91 S1s I though I saw some traits that reminded me of some Mexicans I've grown so I got to thinking it could have some Mexican in it and that would account for the big stretch of the Chemdog 91, not saying there's a lot of Mexican in there but I thought there might be some.

I guess the lineage of Chemdog is one of those mysteries that we'll never get to the bottom of.

About the rare black pheno of Malawi, I've never hear of it before, all the Malawi grows I've seen or done myself have been from the Malawi line that came originally from the African Seeds folks in South Africa, either bought from them or from Seedsman and I've only seen two main phenos - a very branchy type that grows long arms with many small buds and a xmas tree type that grew colas and didn't branch half as much.

D

doggystyled73

Hiya JJ

I guess the lineage of Chemdog is one of those mysteries that we'll never get to the bottom of.

About the rare black pheno of Malawi, I've never hear of it before, all the Malawi grows I've seen or done myself have been from the Malawi line that came originally from the African Seeds folks in South Africa, either bought from them or from Seedsman and I've only seen two main phenos - a very branchy type that grows long arms with many small buds and a xmas tree type that grew colas and didn't branch half as much.

So they're saying a pure sativa(malawi) produces a heavy indica pheno(zombie black)? lmao highgrade "phony" alert is in the red about now.. sorry Reef

J

Jalisco Kid

Somewhere between '90-'95 I would think 80-90% of pure mexican disappeared. I drive a lot up and down Mexico and have not run into any of the stuff we used to smoke. Maybe in some deep valleys in Oax. or Chip you can run into some. But those type of people do not grow it commercially. Everyone fell into the 90 day wonders, it tripled their income. My uncles grow and that all they ask me for.I have brought down a lot of seeds for them and within a year they trash out the genetics. A lot of pollen out there. You would not believe how many people came down and injected their genetics here.
If it was that easy I would be smokin some spears of oaxaca and some gold from gue. which is my #2 potent pot right behind Crystal from Kauai from the early 80's.
Maybe thats why some chems remind you of Mexican. Suerte JK

V

v0ssman

you could be sniffing up something doggy. That really doesnt make any sense. Specially since Highgrade is very quiet about his lineage and such; Id like to see what strain was really crossed with his "special white widow clone" to make the strain everyone knows as black queen. Everyone whos smoked it so far gets knocked out.

B

British_Hempire

Good point JK! The Mexican genepool is pretty ruined these days.

R

Reeferman

How did a african black thread on RMS turn into a debate about ??? chem dog is it ?

B

British_Hempire

Because I asked you for your take on Chemdog, the African Black discussion is still going though.

Got any pics of the African Black?

B

British_Hempire

Just been through that thread at highgrade and the sole snippet of info on the Zombie Black is this:

The zombie black used in the cross came from Zombe Plateau, Malawi it can also be found in Liberia. It is a homozygous strain with massive resin build up if you allow it to fully mature.

D

doggystyled73

you could be sniffing up something doggy. That really doesnt make any sense. Specially since Highgrade is very quiet about his lineage and such; Id like to see what strain was really crossed with his "special white widow clone" to make the strain everyone knows as black queen. Everyone whos smoked it so far gets knocked out.

Yea i could be sniffing something up alright.. n it smells like.. BULLSHIT lmao.. hey reef exactly what genetics did you give these guys at highgrade?

B

British_Hempire

Hehe, yeah, no need for this to take on a negative connotation of any kind!

Top Bottom