Black gold..Texas Tea..bigger run

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rolln J

Im having a hard time locating any 100% iso - found some 99% for 2 bux a pint - when I google it I just come up with a bunch of sterilizing wipes...

any idea folks?

B

bobpeto

Great thread TK!!! Are those Pud/half fiver viles?

Looks like ya got your process down.

Im pull'n up a seat for this one, can't wait to see the capsules!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Bob

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Chemical supply house or a well versed paint supply store is about the only place to find 100% iso, I buy it locally in 55gallon drums and in 5 gallons over the internet. Electonic circut board assembly plants use 100%iso also.

I use strainers, filters, presses, and a slow ass double boiler process to get it down to where i like.

An oz of trim will need like a cup or two at the most of ISO.

Every percentage under 100% will have some form of crap in it and is not the same as the 100%.

Tex

R

Rolln J

was really late - not sure what I put into the search but now I found this one for half the price as the one you found JK...

and this company has an interesting name - lol

get your iso from Stoner Supply!

edit: shit - the first company will not ship the ISO.

forknowledge

forknowledge

Im new to this oil making process & Id like to know more about "Texas Kid's" process/method could anyone point me in the right direction please?

Y

YoungDizZle

Im new to this oil making process & Id like to know more about "Texas Kid's" process/method could anyone point me in the right direction please?

burned my arm last night. small burn but i put some bho on it just to fuck around and this morn the burn is actually gone Lol it worked.

C

CAPO

hey TK, ever heard of an isomizer? my uncle dug this crazy thing out of storage forme. its called iso2 and looks sorta like a fondue fountain from star trek. he said they stopped makin them in the 70's. he said i could make pure grain or iso with it and any essantial oil to purity. made by acompany called thai power inc.

I

Inuit

Yeah, the ISO and ISO2 are really hard to find these days....you're lucky to have access to one, don't let it get mucked up....

You should also start a thread with pics so people with the tools might be able to replicate them...

Be safe

I

C

CAPO

just been diggin up research on it. there is a lab version called a soxhlet. I need time to get some reagent sulphuric acid to make the actual delta-9. i am also planning to get a vaccum distiller. this should make some of the purest original honey oil using pure grain alcohol. my goal is to have honey oil and a sublingual mix by spring. hope u got patience. went on ebay only found somebody wanting one with CASH. no way no how this thing's stayin in the family. BTW it's in great shape for 30 yrs old.

TK any thoughts bro. i'm new to this machine so i don't know its full capabilities yet. so far i see that u can reclaim all your solvent, distill impurities from solvent, and with practice remove all solvent from oil. the oil you get has plant impurities in it so you either use a Tolulene wash or charcoal vaccum distallate. still figuring this out. any older heads use one of these?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I'll come and experiement with ya for sure..

I am workin on a high end lab glass version of the same process

Tex

C

CAPO

I need to learn how to link
if you google iso2 there is a really interesting read @ yahookaville. the threads incomplete but informative nonetheless. now ive got a reason to go get cannibus alchemy.

C

CAPO

:thinking
sure do miss Hot Springs, could just be the "arapahoe curse" workin on me again tho.

I

Inuit

Hey CAPO,

I was under the impression that its more than a soxhlet. A soxhlet, I believe, runs solvent repeatedly through a sample for a total extraction, and would probably leach the chlorophyll as well if you used ethanol, thus would require a more selective solvent like hexane or something. To distill your solvent you need additional apparatus after the soxhlet. Receiving flask, condenser, and all the attachments.

I have an organic chem labware set and all the chems for isomerization, as well as Cannabis Alchemy :). Actually meant do some this week but I have a lot of oil to make and just haven't gotten around to it.

You can procure all the supplies with no suspicion via the hobby biodiesel industry. PM me for a link if you need it. Its cheap as shit too and a liter will last FOREVER.

You can save money on a vacuum distiller by using a aspirator that hooks up to your faucet. You can get a good vacuum and reclaim your solvent easilty enough. A good aspirator is available from www.elementalscientifc.net

You can also remove most impurities with a buchner funnel and filter paper, used in conjunction with a side arm flask on a vacuum. I regularly remove all the contaminate particulate matter from my oil, pre-evap. You can use a regular funnel and filter paper as well, but you will be waaaaiiiiittttttiiiiiiinnnnnnggggggg a good long while for it to drip drip drip drip drip drip until finished. The buchner w/vacuum allows you to soak and evaporating in a matter of minutes.

I've used charcoal exposure, a quick quick rinse is best, as if you soak your charcoal in the solvent for too long it will absorb your cannabinoids as well.

Cannabis alchemy, which is basically the template for "Dr. Atomics Marijuana Multiplier" which is available for viewing and download from scribd.com

Hey Tex, whats your game on the lab glass, as I have a few connections :)

One thing to consider for sure before you go to all the trouble to do it is to perform a Beam test. The formula is available in "Marijuana Genetics", also on scribd, but its basically a 10% solution of potassium hydroxide (might not be hydroxide, I'll get back with you or look it up :)) in ethanol. Addition of this to a sample will turn the sample purple if non-THC cannabinoids are present. If there is no purple development, then it isn't worth trying to isomerize since there isn't anything to change. If there is purple, then the fun continues :).

Be safe and hope this helps.

A/I

C

CAPO

thanks Inuit
to clarify, ya the iso is much more than a soxhlet. what is your favorite solvent to use, is it hexane. would it be best to use pure grain alcohol in the isomerizer? i'd feel safer using this thing(me no likey flash-bang) if i can justify it.
i want to make really good oil using sugar trim. i like the idea of using a buchner funnel on a stand with filter paper in conjuction with a side arm flask with vacuum.as i agree with you on the carbon absorbing cannabanoids.
as for the beam test, i'm not using middies or schwagg, so i'm not really worried too much about the CBD's and such. what i am worried about is the extra carbon molecule added during the "no oxygen environment" of the iso2. does the THC particularly the Delta-9 stay stable after cooling, or is it just the non-THC cannabanoids that converted that are unstable. as i'd like to skip using an acid and tolulene altogether.
thanks in advance and thanks to tex for letting me hijack his thread for a page!

I

Inuit

CAPO,

I have only used butane, ethanol, and iso up to this point, but plan on giving hexane a whirl sometime in the future. I only have limited experience with ISO, but at this point it seems to pull less chlorophyll out in the quick wash than ethanol does.

Yeah, the buchner is where its at. No waiting to filter, just rinse, buchner filter, and into the evap dish.

You can even vac purge your oil to rid all solvents if you've got the glassware, but then you've got to be a really patient scraper, or use solvent again to get it out, lol, so not the greatest idea (used more often with crystalline products).

I need to get an dessicator. One of those will allow you to purge with a vacuum, but in your own collection dish, as long as it fits in the dessicator. Your own dish = scrapable.

The Beam test is very important, IF you plan to use the ISO2 for the isomerization process. If you only intend to use it for solvent recovery and extracting your oils, and not doing the sulfuric acid catalyzed molecular rearrangement, then don't worry about the beam test.

If you are planning on doing the isomerization process as well as the extraction, your should perform the beam test prior to doing the isomerization procedure so you can determine if there is even any non THC cannabinoids to convert, otherwise, with todays high THC strains, you might well be wasting your time....

If you have high quality starting material, you can surely make a high quaility oil w/o the isomerization process using just ethanol or iso.

Hey TEX, you want us to jump elsewhere so we don't clutter your thread?

Be safe

I

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Lordy Lord thats my type of party! I like it on a big scale. Brings back cloudly memories of drinking Tinc out of a manson jar :P

User270 pic3982 1232501133
Top Bottom