Black gold..Texas Tea..bigger run

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Inuit

That will work, but I would suggest a larger side arm vacuum flask, as that one will involve lots and lots of emptying, often when the buchner is full of solution. A spill of some bad ass concentrate is never good :(.

I would suggest 500ml min, as that will allow you to fill a qt mason jar about half full, cover, and then collect without having to pour off.

Be safe

I

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Here is a 137ml run I just did...this run was with a full on schwapped out plant or two of Alien #4, I got 137ml on less that a bucket of meterial which is unheard of in the oil circles around here...

This was the entire plant, giant frosty colas and all stripped into the bucket

Tex

DSCN2908
DSCN2909
E

Easyrasta

youre a one man healing crew
nice work bro,
Good to know you finally found a place you can do youre thing
like you always say, go big or go home
best of luck &
Peace
Ez

C

CAPO

~~~~~~~GREASE~~~~~~~~~it''s the word!

keep an ear out for a change in laws concerning solvents. within in a year the low v.o.c. law goes into effect nationwide. first oil paints then they're gonna start goin' after solvents. we all may end up havin to distill to use any solvent worthwhile.
anybody else hear about this?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
~~~~~~~GREASE~~~~~~~~~it''s the word!

keep an ear out for a change in laws concerning solvents. within in a year the low v.o.c. law goes into effect nationwide. first oil paints then they're gonna start goin' after solvents. we all may end up havin to distill to use any solvent worthwhile.
anybody else hear about this?

Already happening up here but it effects commercial painters in a much much bigger way than anybody else and they have already figured most of this out for me, there are alot of low voc solvents that are suitable for what I do and i still can get any high voc solvent under liscense at my supply store no matter what the laws change to...I have tried to stay way forward thinkin on this one.

Tex

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I'll personally vouch for the quality of your medicine, TK. I am looking forward to the day when I give 'er a rip...

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I'll lick the table if ya dont mind. Seriously thats on a whole nother level. Inspiring.

squarepusher

squarepusher

any word if any cancer patients were actually cured by any of your oils?

S

SomeoneYouKnow

Check out FOAF's method at icmag on making oil with recyclable butane. You just need to modify a a/c charging station. It would give you a more potent elixir for your patients. I do not think it would give you to much of a PR problem with your patients. I think they will see the difference right away. It would be like the dif between a hand job and a blow job. And with his method of using teflon bags it is not all that messy. Suerte JK

.... ok, to be honest HappyInMendo and I tried to make one of these things.

Not as easy as it sounds unless you are a freaken scientist (which FOAF IS) - we even had him on the phone explaining the process to us and I think as far as we got was filling the AC tanks with Butane, and that was the extent of that .....

Ahhh, the good old days :-)

budboy299

budboy299

Someoneyouknow....I made up the FOAF system last year. It works wonderful and makes some really thick tarlike oil.
I still can't get it to be as clear/amber as his though but I believe it is because my vessel that contains the trim is only fed by a 1/4" high pressure line. So it takes about 3 mins to fill on my sight guage. Then it takes about 20 mins to drain into the evaporator vessel. Way too much time for this part and it causes it to wick to much of the chloraphyl out of the plant matter.

I am currently working on a better style trim vessel which should allow it to rinse through really quickly...like under a minute or 2.
I will post pics in a day or 2 of the set-up. I don't want to clutter up Tex's thread with it so I will start another thread when I make up the new version of the trim tank.

S

SomeoneYouKnow

Ooo Oooh! Right On. Please do start a new thread - very much looking forward to it!

SYK

squarepusher

squarepusher

recent oil run starting from 1 pound of flowers

starting material
IMG 0804

bucket with filter attached
IMG 0805

material in bucket
IMG 0806

material in bucket with solvent
IMG 0807

material getting strained
IMG 0808

purified strained oil
IMG 0809

cooking in the rice cooker
IMG 0810

boiling down
IMG 0811

now its all gooey, lets suck it up
IMG 0816

in syringes and ready to go. yielded about 2 oz of oil
IMG 0817

E

edux10

is this cooking oil or smoking (vaping) oil? Im thinking cooking, but then i see a solvent. If this is smoking oil, you should back off the heat. the thc is turning too all cbc anc cbn. try a bho run, the oil produced is not black in any way.

squarepusher

squarepusher

is this cooking oil or smoking (vaping) oil? Im thinking cooking, but then i see a solvent. If this is smoking oil, you should back off the heat. the thc is turning too all cbc anc cbn. try a bho run, the oil produced is not black in any way.

I used Rick Simpsons method, its meant for ingestion orally, so cooking I guess.

You think the THC is turning to cbc cbn?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Your thc levels are still in the higher 40% thc range and only 2-3% cbd and about 1%-2% cbn...the heat pretty much ativates the thc acids from inactive to active and it really doesn't convert the thc to cbd's or cbn's that much at all.

Tex

Mud Man

Mud Man

friggin ay TEXas KID... i am picking myself up off the floor.. Me and mine feeling good cos we got a bit of BHO for the 1st time.. Time for me to go back to school, just got skooled by the Texas kid.
Love what your doing, clean as a whistle, tagged and i will stay around this part of town looking to learn... That cattle syringe made my eyes water with laughter, you crazy TEXAS KID :)

kush4breakfast

kush4breakfast

damn tex, can we be friends? lol all jokes aside, thats a hell of a lot of oil ya got there buddy. doing great things for the mmj community

S

Socachi

TK on your next run could you show a break down on how you do it? After reading Inuit and Capo info I think I need to get some chemistry under my belt before I attempt to do oil. Seems like there's more to it than what Rick Simpson has on his site.
Had planned on making some for my gf's bro but he died from his cancer before I was able to.

Top Bottom