Blacklight Grow

• Thread starter Scrull87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scrull87

thanks bud they are doing fine though, short so far. I've grown with a blacklight in my growroom before and had really sticky plants so I'm doing it again. I don't think it is enough to hurt them bud its only 35 watts. UV light is in natural sunlight and these plants are looking like outdoor plants more and more everyday. I think its mimiking natural sunlight and my plants are fooled and think they are outside. So thanks for the info and it may hurt my plants if there was a large amount of UV light but like I said it is only 35 watts and they are growing fast. you just proved to me there was UV light in a natural ecosystem so that would in fact supplement my plants need for a more natural ecosystem. thanx for the info but I am not taking out the blacklights just yet, its only 35 watts no big deal.

S

SB805KUSH

lets see some pics a friend tried years ago to use blacklight because to cheap to buy t5 later he realized it was a waste of time,because it turned leafes light green like if low on nitro. when his cocky ass took outside to aculmate outdoor once real sun hit plants they fried because used to low dim light.goodluck prove us wrong with pics veg and full bloom.

S

Scrull87

Taken with my PS3 EYE toy. This is the only way I can take pics without having to go to the store . My camera doesn't have a thumb drive. It has a memory card smart media. It is a 1990's model.

ECP 00028
S

Scrull87

the two smallest are going outside somewhere the 3 big ones are staying in the blacklight room. they are about 2" across.

E

edux10

what happened to all your other plants? did they die? probablly NOT the lights right?

convex

convex

If I read correctly, you are using a 42W CFL and a 15w and 20w blacklight (35w total).

A quick look around the net provided this data:

Sunlight roughly contains 4% ultraviolet radiation, 52% infrared radiation and 44% visible light. - Your ratio of lighting is a bit off.

Wavelengths from about 345 to 400 nm are used for "Blacklight" effects.
The absorption maxima of chlorophyll a are 430 and 662 nm, that of chlorophyll b are at 453 and 642 nm.

The 35w of black light are doing nothing for your plants except providing heat.

Experiment all you want, but the science is already done on this.

M

mgpilot

MGPILOT,
you have just about the same setup I do except I'm growing bagseed. Why won't you accept my friend request ? I'll play a few rounds with you.

LOL dude i kno its my last month in uni. so much shit due. I will deff spend a couple of all nighters dedicated to MW2 at the end of april but until then im strapped to this shit with the occasional burning in between. wut level u btw? i didnt like doing prestige that much, i really liked the AK while i had it:hunter:

PS. your new plants are lookin healthy, ya uv light exists in sunlight but it'll be interesting how the plants react otherwise, keep postin

S

Scrull87

I'm Lv. 70 I got the AK and fall camo on my TAR rifle I put the grenade launcher on and carry 2 RPG's w/ me and no one can kill me. I noticed you got a tall box like mine, mines a two 15" subwoofer box , the plants love it when I cut the radio on and crank it up cuz they are inside the speakers.

S

Scrull87

So I gave them a dose of Miracle grow bloom fertilizer instead of the N rich all purpose Miracle grow and when I came home the box smelt like a fruit basket. Peaches , Blueberries, Oranges , and strong Pineapple smell so I'm going to keep using the bloom fertilizer, the other seems not rich enough . Here are the Ratios: 28-8-16 (all purpose) 15-30-15 (bloom) Both are miracle grow but one doesn't have enough Phosphorus so.... I know that veg fert should be high in Nitrogen but it should have plenty of Phosphorus too. I'll stick with the bloom fert. Fish emulsion will work well with the other two to make some really potent weed. Don't talk bad about miracle grow, its all I have right now and NO MONEY seems to make them smell great.

pretty much here is what is going on:
On the weekends Friday through Monday the blacklights are on.
Monday through Thursday the reg spectrum bulbs go in and are on.

Future CO2 work "how I get my plants to grow faster " : Two 2 liter coke bottles are filled with sugar yeast and water full, I am going to use the excess mixture to fill 6 beer bottles half full for the top of my box where the air is sucked in by my computer fan. I hope to get enough CO2 that it will keep the box full always. CO2 system needs work but I have very limited space. Anyone else have a different method of CO2 delivery they can explain? I go through a lot of sugar and yeast.

thanks,
-Scrull

S

Scrull87

After 2 days of pure CO2 I'm anxious to see how my plants are doing. One male has forced itself to flower putting the other babies on a timer from now on and that male is going in the window seal.

S

SB805KUSH

how much did you spend on that miralcegrow all-purpose and bloom? because someplaces its more money?? do you have hydo store neaby?

convex

convex

If you are adamant on having a psychedelic grow, at least swap out the black light tubes with actinic tubes. They will still make your posters glow yet provide USABLE spectrum to your plants.

G

growgrow

Druggs r bad...mmmmmk?.... just a lesson out ther for all of you.... DONT DO DRUGS! i believe som1 is taking this thread very serious..... thanx for sharing

GROW

convex

convex

I dunno, some folks post for guidance and advice.

The thread starter asked for comments, I expect they were asking for serious input.

I see your journal asks for questions and criticisms, would you not expect to be taken seriously? Would you not appreciate pointers that may improve your tent?

If this thread is a farce, fine no harm done except a few wasted paragraphs.

If the fella is legit, and risking ones freedom to grow under the precepts of urban myth, then a few serious words in hopes of helping someone just might be of some benefit.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom