Blaze's 2013 Endeavor

• Thread starter Blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Territorial is pretty much my FAVORITE. Good call, salmonslammer. :D

Blaze, I just read that our friend Kendo rolled through after the party. Dave and I have decided to attend the Saturday portion of the Emerald Cup, any chance of seeing you or anyone from the area there?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I am probably going to plant alfalfa, that is what the soil lab recommended. I have seen a general trend of after growing cannabis the soil tends to be very depleted of nitrogen but still high in phosphorous. The alfalfa should help draw the P back down as well as add N, bringing the soil back into balance. Also plan on adding a lot of manure and compost at the same time to get it breaking down now. May also add something to adjust the pH if it is not where I want it, along with anything else needed. Won't know exactly what I want to add until I get my next soil test.
With cover crops do the whole plants grown get tilled right back into to soil or would it be beterr to hot compost it then reintroduce?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Have you tried using fenugreek? The greens are a fantastic little edible, and they go to seed pretty quickly. Also, consider amaranth, though it does require cutting down most frequently, if you allow some to go to seed you'll attract lots of bennies, it's pretty, you could either harvest those seeds or let them drop to regrow, etc, etc, etc. Right now would be when I want to add the rest of the cover crops, including those lovely field peas, but I've been waiting for some damned RAIN. WTH, where's the rain?

Kendo

Kendo

Awesome show Blaze. I am heading back outdoors again this year after 5 years of telling myself this was not the right environment.
I have never grown in raised beds opting for a wider, deeper root mass that in ground growing affords. I miss Cali outdoors.

Before I forget there is a new cop on the insect block, MET52ec. A fungus Metarhizium anisopliae Strain F52 suspended in an emulsified oil that attaches to any critter and multiplies until the mycelliums tap bores into the bug and kills it. The bug then becomes a fungus factory. Any contact introduces the spore to the host. This is a long term management option that can be used with beneficial controls to ensure efficacy

soserthc1

soserthc1

wow that menu for a marijuana festival is quite impressive but get that pabst blue out of that picture and replace it with a Heineken ....lol... sounds good thou shame i was sitting here eating dinner (chicken soup its snowing) and wishing I had some Lobster ....

StoneyPufnstuff

StoneyPufnstuff

A great thread and wonderful grow Blaze. Thanks for the food pics too man. Wish I had been able to attend, I missed out totally, stuck to the job at the moment. Hope you are having a nice fall and not in much pain when on your feet.

StoneyPufnstuff

StoneyPufnstuff

Hey Sea, been plodding along slow and steady. Haven't done a grow this whole year, hoping to get back at it this upcoming one. Not so sure about the Emerald Cup, i'm always leery on publicized events.

Blaze

Blaze

Awesome show Blaze. I am heading back outdoors again this year after 5 years of telling myself this was not the right environment.
I have never grown in raised beds opting for a wider, deeper root mass that in ground growing affords. I miss Cali outdoors.

Before I forget there is a new cop on the insect block, MET52ec. A fungus Metarhizium anisopliae Strain F52 suspended in an emulsified oil that attaches to any critter and multiplies until the mycelliums tap bores into the bug and kills it. The bug then becomes a fungus factory. Any contact introduces the spore to the host. This is a long term management option that can be used with beneficial controls to ensure efficacy

Thanks Kendo. It was really good to see you, it had been far too long. I will definitely check out the Merarhizium anisopliae Strain F52, that sounds promising.

Blaze

Blaze

A great thread and wonderful grow Blaze. Thanks for the food pics too man. Wish I had been able to attend, I missed out totally, stuck to the job at the moment. Hope you are having a nice fall and not in much pain when on your feet.

Wish you had been able to make it as well, it was a good party this year. Haven't been in any pain in a while either, diet change and few other things have helped a lot.

Blaze

Blaze

Finished bud pics (FINALLY):

All I have is my phone camera and my USB microscope right now so pics aren't the greatest quality.

Blueberry Pie:

Bbp1
Bbp2
Bbpmicro1
Bbpmicro2

Blaze

Blaze

Ended up checking out the Emerald Cup this year as well. Got to meet some good people, picked up some new seeds from a couple different breeders to test out next season, and got to listen to some very informative lectures. It is amazing how big and open the Emerald Cup has gotten - in the 8 hours I was there I still didn't have time to check out everything. Cannabis really is finally starting to hit the main stream in a huge way. I think the next couple years we will see a lot of change, growth and turbulence in the industry, and at a faster rate than ever before.

Top Bottom