Blaze's 2013 Endeavor

• Thread starter Blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

Ended up checking out the Emerald Cup this year as well. Got to meet some good people, picked up some new seeds from a couple different breeders to test out next season, and got to listen to some very informative lectures. It is amazing how big and open the Emerald Cup has gotten - in the 8 hours I was there I still didn't have time to check out everything. Cannabis really is finally starting to hit the main stream in a huge way. I think the next couple years we will see a lot of change, growth and turbulence in the industry, and at a faster rate than ever before.
I sure hope so .... nice sticky looking buds - Question what % of amber did you chop or do you prefer to chop at blaze - all is looking nice i'm at the point of watch tricomes color up and is usually where I get impatient and wanna chop to early

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Heart Attack Kush:
Is that one of the names for Loran's Longbottom Leaf (the Jack's Cleaner II crossed with SFV OG Kush)?
Ended up checking out the Emerald Cup this year as well. Got to meet some good people, picked up some new seeds from a couple different breeders to test out next season, and got to listen to some very informative lectures. It is amazing how big and open the Emerald Cup has gotten - in the 8 hours I was there I still didn't have time to check out everything. Cannabis really is finally starting to hit the main stream in a huge way. I think the next couple years we will see a lot of change, growth and turbulence in the industry, and at a faster rate than ever before.
So, how long were you looking at me before you realized it was me? :D I was laughin' my ass off when the recognition finally spread, at first you looked SO confused, like, "Why is this lady staring at me like that??" :D I just wish we could have seen you all again before we had to leave, but Dave was starting to die on his feet there and we still had a bit of a long drive home. I'm curious to learn what you picked up and from whom.

Blaze

Blaze

I sure hope so .... nice sticky looking buds - Question what % of amber did you chop or do you prefer to chop at blaze - all is looking nice i'm at the point of watch tricomes color up and is usually where I get impatient and wanna chop to early

Ideally at about 20-30%. However amber with outdoor is very weather and strain dependent. On a fall like we had this year where it was warm and sunny, you just don't get much amber no matter how long you wait. I look at all the other factors to determine when to chop, the trichome color only gives you a small piece of the over-all picture.

Blaze

Blaze

Is that one of the names for Loran's Longbottom Leaf (the Jack's Cleaner II crossed with SFV OG Kush)?

So, how long were you looking at me before you realized it was me? :D I was laughin' my ass off when the recognition finally spread, at first you looked SO confused, like, "Why is this lady staring at me like that??" :D I just wish we could have seen you all again before we had to leave, but Dave was starting to die on his feet there and we still had a bit of a long drive home. I'm curious to learn what you picked up and from whom.

Haha probably at least 20 or 30 seconds. I was sitting there thinking "Why the heck is this lady staring at me?". That progressed to "Wait - that can't possibly be Seamaiden, can it? What's she doing on this side of the state? Am I just really stoned?" (I hadn't checked to forums in a few weeks so I didn't know you were going to be there.) And yes the Heart Attack is the same as the Longbottom Leaf / Kush Cleaner / etc.

I picked up a handful of different strains. One of the more impressive ones IMO was the Ouroboros from Permanently Baked, which is a cross of one of my favorite light dep strains, the Purple Trainwreck. I also grabbed some Ringo OG and Pineapple x Cheese from SoHum seeds. I was very impressed by Ringo when I met him, particularly the fact that he does all his breeding outdoors, and am looking forward to trying out some of his strains. Got to catch up with DJ Short again too (Hadn't seen him in a few years!) and got more Vanilluna plus his newer strain, Azure Haze, which I have not tried yet.

I was really irritated that most of the seed vendors did not have samples of what they were selling. They really expect people to spend hundreds of dollars on seeds when the customer has absolutely no idea what it is they are buying?? A few sentences of description and a small single picture isn't much to go on.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Ideally at about 20-30%. However amber with outdoor is very weather and strain dependent. On a fall like we had this year where it was warm and sunny, you just don't get much amber no matter how long you wait. I look at all the other factors to determine when to chop, the trichome color only gives you a small piece of the over-all picture.
Curious as to what other factors you use , when you get a moment .....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The seed vendors that I was interested in were PACKED. A guy like you can get yourself noticed fairly easily? Me? Not so much! I agree with you on the samples, but then honestly, with someone like me, how would I really be able to tell? It's not going to get me stoned, nothing does anymore. I'm not going to pick up the scents and flavors, either. Hell, when the dog was shitting in the house I couldn't smell it let alone be able to figure out if it was her or one of the cats, so... ya know what I'm sayin'?

That said, I'm 100% positive I'm going to be happy with the BoG gear I picked up. The CBDCrew stuff remains to be seen.

The look on your face as I was staring at you with my hands on my hips was PRICELESS. I wish I'd had my phone out to get a pic. LMAO!!!

Blaze

Blaze

Curious as to what other factors you use , when you get a moment .....

Well, I look at the hairs for starters. If I see the plant is still pushing out lots of white hairs I know it's probably not ready. However many strains will begin to telescope and continue to push out some white hairs if they go too long, to telescoping is something else I keep an eye out for. I also look at the leaves - both the big fan leaves and the small leaves next to the buds. As the plant finishes the large leaves will yellow and die - a good thing IMO since it means the plant will be well flushed. I always keep an eye out to make sure the same thing is not happening to the small leaves attached to the bud - that usually means the plant is going too late. Plus if you start to get yellow or dead leaves in the bud mold can start to form. If a plant is getting bad mold or mildew or anything else like that, then it's time to chop regardless of how the crystals look, but usually that doesn't happen too often. I also watch the weather forecast as well - if rain is coming in I may harvest a little early. If the forecast is clear and dry, I know I can let things go longer without as much worry. You really want to look at the plant as a whole to determine your ideal harvest window and take all factors into consideration. Pulling too early is a very common mistake - even for experienced growers. A significant amount of resin and weight is put on in the last two weeks before harvest - you would be surprised what a difference even 1 week will make on your yield.

Blaze

Blaze

The seed vendors that I was interested in were PACKED. A guy like you can get yourself noticed fairly easily? Me? Not so much! I agree with you on the samples, but then honestly, with someone like me, how would I really be able to tell? It's not going to get me stoned, nothing does anymore. I'm not going to pick up the scents and flavors, either. Hell, when the dog was shitting in the house I couldn't smell it let alone be able to figure out if it was her or one of the cats, so... ya know what I'm sayin'?

That said, I'm 100% positive I'm going to be happy with the BoG gear I picked up. The CBDCrew stuff remains to be seen.

The look on your face as I was staring at you with my hands on my hips was PRICELESS. I wish I'd had my phone out to get a pic. LMAO!!!

Did not get an CBDCrew gear. BOG gear can be.... finicky. I ran several of his strains in the past but none made the cut so to speak. A lot of his strains are very mold prone and not well suited for outdoor in my opinion. You have a drier climate than me however and may have more luck.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Agreed - thanks for the info as I would consider myself a somewhat experienced grower and my weakness is wanting to chop to early alot , so I appreciate the feedback ...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Did not get an CBDCrew gear. BOG gear can be.... finicky. I ran several of his strains in the past but none made the cut so to speak. A lot of his strains are very mold prone and not well suited for outdoor in my opinion. You have a drier climate than me however and may have more luck.
I'm sure I will. I went back through some of my seed stock and what records I've kept and it turns out I've run a *lot* of crosses with his genetics in it. You're right, I don't usually have issues with mold here. I do have issues with conservatives, but there aren't ANY approved pesticides for that.

neverbreak

neverbreak

lovin the dry bud shots bro, ya can really see the high quality of em. yer experience is obvious bro, kudos.

It's not going to get me stoned, nothing does anymore. I'm not going to pick up the scents and flavors, either. Hell, when the dog was shitting in the house I couldn't smell it let alone be able to figure out if it was her or one of the cats, so... ya know what I'm sayin'?

ya serious sea, ya don't get anythin high-wise outta yer gear anymore? and ya can't even smell it??

neverbreak

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, I'm serious. I've cut down the total number of joints I smoke per day DRASTICALLY, it used to be 4-6. Now 1-2 can last me if need be, no more than 3. I get what I prefer--a very low grade, groovy little buzz. I don't like being blazed, cotton-mouthed red-eyed & can't hold a conversation kinda high. Just don't. That said, even when I'm in a situation where there's a lot of weed being passed around, I don't really get high anymore. I think I'm fairly well pickled.

I can't smell because of the rattlesnake bite, can't smell a bunch of things, like the difference between cat shit or dog shit (so I can't tell who did the deed! I have to use other clues, like was it by a door?). I don't pick up a *lot* of smells because of it.

neverbreak

neverbreak

yeah, i get where yer comin from. bein a cotton-mouthed, red-eyed zombie don't really hold any appeal for me either.

damn, that's brutal sea! when did ya get bitten? that's really full on! glad yer still here to tell the tale.

neverbreak

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The weekend of the WTC attacks. I used to live on the visual edge of the LA basin, under the flightpath for all air traffic coming from back east. When all air traffic stopped all I could do was look out over the basin and imagine a huge mushroom cloud, so I had to get the hell out. Went to the desert, I figured no one would want to blast a bunch of hicks with missing teeth and whose only political agenda was gettin' drunk & laid, ya know? Never knew green rattlesnakes existed! Looked a LOT like this one, only it was a wee baby, and much more green, looked like jade.

The nurses at the hospital kept asking me if I was drunk. I don't drink.

Balphoto 80

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Wow, a Mojave Green:
most potent venom of all the U.S. rattlesnakes; both hemotoxic and neurotoxic--
I've only been bitten by a little mickey mouse Sidewinder when I was a kid...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
All I ever got was stuck by cactus when I was a kid. I fucking HATE cholla cactus. Fucking. Hate. It.

Nobody mentioned not being able smell as a side effect of the bite. Nobody. Not even the cats at Loma Linda.

Sorry for the thread jack, Blaze! But you know who to call if you need to relocate a rattler, right? :D

Blaze

Blaze

No worries. Did not see any rattler this year actually which is unusual.

So I have a buddy that got one of Greywolf's extraction devices a while back. We had him run a bunch of trim this last week for us. The results were impressive, to put it mildly. The Pineapple wax is pretty much the best I've ever seen - and as Seamiaden or the other folks on here who know me personally can tell you, I do not make statements like that lightly or frequently. When I open the jar the whole room smells like fresh pineapple, it's amazing. I was really surprised how much more of the terpene profile is intact compared to most other butane based extraction processes and methods. I have generally not been the biggest fan of even good wax/shatter/budder since so much of the terpenes has been stripped out. Very impressed with GW's handywork, his set up really made a huge difference in the quality of the final product. I'll post some pics soon but they really don't do it justice.

FullMelt

FullMelt

I like the new drying barn, you can never have enough dry space.
still can not get over you had to add moisture to your barn, good bubble drying weather.
Yeah the wax is called no whip, its a lot better now that people got the technique down.

Blaze

Blaze

I cant believe it either. It' the middle of Winter and we have yet to have a drop of rain (been over a year now since we had a significant rain) and the ambient humidity is still around 15-20%. It's weird, everything is brown and dead like summer but it has been cold as hell.. Yet we can't even have a fire because everything is as dry and crispy as it was during the summer. The Emerald Triangle is going to have some serious water shortages this next year, best be prepared. We are planning on adding at least one additional storage tank this winter and possible re-doing our irrigation pond to increase our holding capacity for bad years like this.

A few wax pics from the Pineapple, Blueberry x Northern Lights, and Guava Kush. Most of the strains we ran had around a 15% return and the highest was the Blueberry x Northern lights at a 18.5% return.

Wax1
Waxmicro1
Waxmicro2

shawnskush

shawnskush

Its been crazy dry this year for sure! Dryest Ive seen in the bay area in the last 5 that ive lived here. I can only imagine it getting tougher from here.How was that wax extracted blaze?
I cant believe it either. It' the middle of Winter and we have yet to have a drop of rain (been over a year now since we had a significant rain) and the ambient humidity is still around 15-20%. It's weird, everything is brown and dead like summer but it has been cold as hell.. Yet we can't even have a fire because everything is as dry and crispy as it was during the summer. The Emerald Triangle is going to have some serious water shortages this next year, best be prepared. We are planning on adding at least one additional storage tank this winter and possible re-doing our irrigation pond to increase our holding capacity for bad years like this.

A few wax pics from the Pineapple, Blueberry x Northern Lights, and Guava Kush. Most of the strains we ran had around a 15% return and the highest was the Blueberry x Northern lights at a 18.5% return.

View attachment 362307 View attachment 362308 View attachment 362309

Top Bottom