Blaze's 2013 Endeavor

• Thread starter Blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blaze

Blaze

Yeah I've been loving the racks too, I ended up having way more space in the drying shed than I was expecting. Each cylinder can hold several #'s, not bad for only 9' square feet of space. Could have easily handled a harvest twice the size, guess I gotta grow more next year ;)

Blaze

Blaze

Few shots from earlier in the week:

Blueberry Pie seedlings and Mendo Pineapple are still up but will be coming in shortly. Last few shots are of the Blueberry x Northern Lights and Blueberry pie buds. Busy week this week, but should be mostly done with harvest by the weekend.

Foots been feeling better too, been nice being able to be out in the garden harvesting again. I hatenot being able to be on my feet, especially this time of year.

Last shot is of some vegetarian tacos we had for dinner the other night, one of the better veggie recipes so far. They are portabello chipotle and garlic tacos, topped with smoked Gouda cheese and toasted pumpkin seeds and served with a side of stewed pinto beans.

IMAG0491
IMAG0499
IMAG0496
IMAG0497
IMAG0500
IMAG0429

Blaze

Blaze

Whew, it's been a long month, finally had a chance to catch up on the farm today. Last of the plants should be all ripped out by the end of today. After that it will be time to re-build the drip system and get a cover crop in. Have a decent selection trimmed up now as well, will post some finished buds shots in a few days. Spend the last week working w/ NCGA and BarronA cooking up some epic food for 'The Event' - a yearly harvest party that gets put on in our area. Here was the menu for Saturdays dinner:

Passed Appetizers:
*Assorted cheeses, fruits, and crackers
*Assorted sausage bites and mustards
*Vegetarian Samosas with cilantro coconut chutney
*Mini vegetarian Egg rolls with sweet chili lime sauce
*Mini chicken quesadilla cones with guacamole
*'Wine Country Wings' - roasted quail legs topped with assorted mustards
*Tandoori Masala Axis Venison ribs with grilled Mango Salsa
*Plum poached duck in Asian BBQ sauce in Peking duck pancake with spicy kim chi.
*Scallop cone - sesame cone stuffed with sushi rice, seared scallop in sweet mayo, tobiko, crunchy seaweed.

Seated Courses:
*Mini terrine of Lobster, Lobster Mushroom, Foie Gras, and Black Truffle.
*Quail breast stuffed with Point Reyes Blue cheese, pomegranate from my garden, topped with Basalmic syrup and paired with a shot of pomegranate hard cider.
*Wild boar Osso Buco served over posole with Mole Poblano Sauce and sesame seeds.
*Red Bliss Potato stuffed with black truffle, wrapped in poached spinach, served with truffle vinaigrette, truffle oil, and black sesame seeds.
*Ice cream duo: Mexican vanilla, pecan brittle and prickly-pear puree push-up pop. Chipotle chocolate ice cream, made table side with dry ice.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Have a decent selection trimmed up now as well, will post some finished buds shots in a few days. Spend the last week working w/ NCGA and BarronA cooking up some epic food for 'The Event' - a yearly harvest party that gets put on in our area. Here was the menu for Saturdays dinner:

Passed Appetizers:
*Assorted cheeses, fruits, and crackers
*Assorted sausage bites and mustards
*Vegetarian Samosas with cilantro coconut chutney
*Mini vegetarian Egg rolls with sweet chili lime sauce
*Mini chicken quesadilla cones with guacamole
*'Wine Country Wings' - roasted quail legs topped with assorted mustards
*Tandoori Masala Axis Venison ribs with grilled Mango Salsa
*Plum poached duck in Asian BBQ sauce in Peking duck pancake with spicy kim chi.
*Scallop cone - sesame cone stuffed with sushi rice, seared scallop in sweet mayo, tobiko, crunchy seaweed.

Seated Courses:
*Mini terrine of Lobster, Lobster Mushroom, Foie Gras, and Black Truffle.
*Quail breast stuffed with Point Reyes Blue cheese, pomegranate from my garden, topped with Basalmic syrup and paired with a shot of pomegranate hard cider.
*Wild boar Osso Buco served over posole with Mole Poblano Sauce and sesame seeds.
*Red Bliss Potato stuffed with black truffle, wrapped in poached spinach, served with truffle vinaigrette, truffle oil, and black sesame seeds.
*Ice cream duo: Mexican vanilla, pecan brittle and prickly-pear puree push-up pop. Chipotle chocolate ice cream, made table side with dry ice.

lol are you kidding me? loving the menu. great harvest sh0ts

Blaze

Blaze

It was a delicious menu - all from BarronA's head too. We also did a buffet Friday night for about 20 people, breakfast Sunday morning for about 15, and another Thanksgiving style buffet Sunday night for the last remaining guests and the staff. It total we cooked about 40 dishes this weekend.

Blaze

Blaze

Firday's Menu (Buffet):

Crispy fried cauliflower bites with creme fresh and mico greens
Lotus Con Tono - fried lotus root chip with a square of seared Ahi tuna topped with lime salsa
Assorted cheeses, crackers and fruits.
Chips and a trio of house made salsas - Red Tomato salsa, green Tomatillo salsa, and a smokey roasted tomato and chipotle salsa

Cesar salad with house made croissant crutons
Spinach, roasted potato, roasted pepper, garbanzo bean salad with lemon vinaigrette
Broccoli, Dijon mustard and Romano cheese gratin
Jarlsberg Potatoes
Roasted chicken leg stuffed with corn bread and cranberry stuffing
Roasted New York Strip Steak with creamy horseradish sauce

Phone picture 11 26 165
Phone picture 11 26 167
Phone picture 11 26 170
Phone picture 11 26 171
Phone picture 11 26 173
Phone picture 11 26 174

Blaze

Blaze

Did not get any shots on Sunday unfortunately.

Sunday Breakfast:
Crab Eggs Benedict - crab cake over poached egg and English muffin with house made Hollindaise sauce
Crispy hash browns
Cinnamon Buns
Assorted fresh fruit
Blood Orange Mimosas

Sunday Dinner:
Shrimp and grits with Creole sauce (served in mini martini glass)
Mushrooms stuffed with blue cheese and Pancetta
More duck and kimchi wraps and scallop cones since we had left overs from Saturday

Buffet:
Roasted brined Heritage Tukrey with roasted shallot and leek gravey
Brioche sage stuffing
Truffle mashed potatoes
Baked yams with orange brandy glaze
Green bean casserole made with fresh green beans, house made Porcini mushroom soup, topped with crispy fried shallots
Cranberry Marsala compote
Cream cheese dinner rolls

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
After eating all that good food, I wouldnt want to go home!
Thats some Good livin right there.
.all that, with good friends....wow..Very nice!
You make me want to cook!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i wouldnt want to go home either, i can't imagine what a good time that must have been with friends. its starting to get into freezing here that last 2 weeks. sunday hash browns mimosas and cinnamon buns, i love breakfast.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It was a delicious menu - all from BarronA's head too. We also did a buffet Friday night for about 20 people, breakfast Sunday morning for about 15, and another Thanksgiving style buffet Sunday night for the last remaining guests and the staff. It total we cooked about 40 dishes this weekend.
I so wish we could have gone.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Whew, it's been a long month, finally had a chance to catch up on the farm today. Last of the plants should be all ripped out by the end of today. After that it will be time to re-build the drip system and get a cover crop in. .

Hey Blaze, Whats a "Cover crop"?
I always wonder if letting the soil in my beds dry out is hurting it...(no rain)
I know the roots i left in there are good for the soil (and normally break down quick)..
But, I would love to hear what you do to keep everything alive in the beds!

Edit to add; I just googled it but wanna hear from you anyway

A cover crop is a crop planted primarily to manage soil fertility, soil quality, water, weeds, pests, diseases, biodiversity and wildlife in an agroecosystem

What do you plant?o_O

Last edited:
Blaze

Blaze

I am probably going to plant alfalfa, that is what the soil lab recommended. I have seen a general trend of after growing cannabis the soil tends to be very depleted of nitrogen but still high in phosphorous. The alfalfa should help draw the P back down as well as add N, bringing the soil back into balance. Also plan on adding a lot of manure and compost at the same time to get it breaking down now. May also add something to adjust the pH if it is not where I want it, along with anything else needed. Won't know exactly what I want to add until I get my next soil test.

Latest posts

Top Bottom