Blazing heat, smoke-filled skies, illegal! What could possibly go wrong?

• Thread starter Oldchucky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Hey Chuck. The Altoids grow is now all you.
Mine were really struggling, and I have been working 6/7 days a week, 12/14 hour days, so I just got tired of it and took them down today.
They're now in the compost bin and the grow room has been taken down.
Sure is quiet without fans and heaters running.

Let me know how yours turn out, buddy. 😊
You mean I’m all alone now? My security blanket has been ripped off of me! Oh The pressure! Oh the pressure! L0l! Sorry to hear that man. If it wasn’t working, it wasn’t working. You gave it a try! But, I hope this hasn’t soured you I’m growing permanently! I still work three days a week and get a little uptight when I’m at work about what’s going on here. So I can imagine you’re Dilemma. I’ll post a few pics of them tomorrow and you can check them out, brother. We will see you around.

AirHammer

AirHammer

I would look to quality lights with the lm301h diodes in them.

Then add in a agromax pure UV or two into the mix towards the end of veggies
I bought two Mars Hydro 3000s to combine with not very old blue and red hot bulbs. The mars worked ok for me, but not optimally.

I have a thousand dollar budget I am hoping I could find two medium size Spider Farmer LCDs for that.

Thinking that's plenty to max four two foot plants.

I'd love to set up our 15x25 foot crawl space with an indoor set up, its perfect. It isnt in the cards however, at least not now. Perhaps down the line some time.

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Reduced metabolism in both high vdp heat stress and colder damper condition just in different ways.... Around 75-78f seems to be the middle area IMO. Depending on the strains and other variables

More water with the former and less with the latter.... So not going overboard becomes important in different ways

I like to starve the roots of water at the ending especially in cooler damper condition's

Last edited:
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I agree 100% Frankster. But I would maybe raise the sweet spot up to the mid 80s. I don’t have any experience growing in the cool environment, but I know in extreme heat it does slow the plants down. You won’t see any 10 or 12 footers in this neck of the woods. Not that I would want anything that big anyway. I am a firm believer in bending, and I am learning a little more each year. Done earlier and trained better my plants could have twice as many colas on them. Also a believer in making your bed during the winter and just laying in it all summer. Except for the Altoids frost I haven’t given those other plants anything but water and recharge. But I would crash and burn in your environment! Lol!

AirHammer

AirHammer

How much wood 🪓 could a woodchuck chuck..

Most certainly done with great 👍 help
Never thought I would envy firewood but I'd like some for my personal yard pit cooker. I can practically smell hardwood smoke now 😌

I live in the big city and I cant go pick dead tree limbs up.

Also I refuse to pay for a bag that costs more than the wood itself. plus Id need about 6 bags. I don't even want to know how much that wood cost, in the fancy marketing bags.

Not to be cynical but what the heck?!

AirHammer

AirHammer

That's what I've been doing also much 😉 less fertilizer and just looking at the bottom line of how they interact with the conditions
Yessir. Mine are all pointing to a Saturday feed.

By size and conditions they should use it up with time leftover . The larger one is a pig.

1.5 - 2 weeks to go, minus/give a day. Im aiming for the latter, 2 weeks

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
This won’t get me through the winter, but I’m getting close! And I guess it’s not going to stack itself! Just have to keep looking. Always on the prowl for Freewood! I know a absentee owner that lives in SoCal and has 400 acres up here with lots of dead standing oak. I’m pretty sure he will let me follow them and take them for nothing! Just a gold mine I’ve been looking for! L O L!
D38D0702 A7F8 4D21 8AA3 CB9EE41D59FA
1F09B4AE 6F7B 46DB A27E 3167EC847D17
fall them.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You’re looking good, hammer! Getting them this far is no small feet where you are at! A lot of people swear by harvesting by the full Moon! I don’t think Mine will be ready but yours might. Nine or 10 days away.

AirHammer

AirHammer

You’re looking good, hammer! Getting them this far is no small feet where you are at! A lot of people swear by harvesting by the full Moon! I don’t think Mine will be ready but yours might. Nine or 10 days away.
Thankfully every other the stars align for me, actually the pervious two were so-so this ones best in about 5 grows.

weather and mildew resistance is playing nice, a huge make or break thing the pm is my biggest nemesis if any, the large one is free of it, I dont see so much as a trace of pm. the smaller one its gradually showing up but its still safe, the tops are clean and should be alright. Ill be throwing out some, maybe 25% of decent back /low nuggies judging by a late looks of things.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I hear ya! It’s just brutal back there! You really have to be on your game to be successful. I see a ton of weed whacked early back in that neck of the woods. And that is ashame That it Hass to happen. Or does happen.

AirHammer

AirHammer

Second 🥈 ✂️. This is a small plant and certainly limited by the light and pot size 🙄. Need to 🪚 half the mountain 🏔️ down then bulldozer half the peaks

Freed up some space for it's sister phenotype one is purple... The other not hmmm 🤔View attachment 1287185View attachment 1287184
I like that kind of flower formation on the purply one. it gets like popcorn forming together and turns rock hard. nice looking blooms bud.

what strain is that in the upper picture?

Latest posts

Top Bottom