Blazing heat, smoke-filled skies, illegal! What could possibly go wrong?

• Thread starter Oldchucky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Rise and shine, samba! Time to get out and collect breakfast. Maybe Santa ynez So the mid 30s. About the same as here. Sounds like you should’ve brought more layers!🥶 But it gets warm in the afternoon. L O L! Have fun exploring the countryside! You can take it for a week, Mosh! About 30 years ago I went back to Northern Indiana for a week in December for my grandpappy’s funeral. Any notions I might’ve had of moving back there were quickly dispelled! Ain’t gonna work on Maggies Farm no more! Take it easy.
I from right on the Michigan /Indiana border ever hear of ft Wayne or Elkhart Indiana ? That’s the area I’m from

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Lol DB Cooper is alive and well ❤️‍🩹. He's probably just laying a little bit low. Lots of livestock to care for about now and he's had a lot on his plate

Cold 🥶 AF here right now. In survival mode for the next few days

Winter Storm Warning
WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST WEDNESDAY ABOVE 1000 FEET... * WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 2 feet in the high elevations ...More info
From National Weather Service • 4 hours ago

Might go tracking some game if I get the chance. Stepped on her paw by mistake but she's doing fine... Rawr!!! 🤕

PXL 20221129 231026969
Last edited:
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I from right on the Michigan /Indiana border ever hear of ft Wayne or Elkhart Indiana ? That’s the area I’m from
Was born in Allen County Hospital I think it was called in Fort Wayne Indiana. Spent my first 15 years there. Then got hustled off to Cali! Listening to, back home again in Indiana Before the 500, still brings a tear to my eye! Lol! Especially when it was Jim Nabors singing it. Jim Corneliussen does a great job of it also. The perfect replacement!

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Just cause.. just cause we're outlaws yeah!!!

I beg to dream and differ from the hollowed lies....

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yeehaa! Winter comes to Franksters! At least you can go out in the snow without getting soaked. A little difficult to get around in without breaking your neck! Here’s a picture from my nephews in Bothell.
EBE283C1 A26F 42BB 872B 99E13DE766CF
What elevation do you reckon you are at?

Last edited:
NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Yeehaa! Winter comes to Franksters! At least you can go out in the snow without getting soaked. A little difficult to get around in without breaking your neck! Here’s a picture from my nephews in Bothell.View attachment 1307239
Lol I'm on snow ❄️❄️❄️ removal duty until I can find DB Cooper 😆 or one of his suitcases

We’re you visiting mr Goodman farm? Lmao - nice vacay I’m b headed to Michigan again for a week , not looking forward to the cold! Lol
Who can we put on the case...

PXL 20221130 051351521
PXL 20221130 051519917
Last edited:
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
It would be an honor to have you and yours up here! Pretty primitive accommodations here and one major problem. I am getting on the downside of having RSV, a.k.a. bronchitis. I have no problem masking up and somewhat keeping a distance. And I would be willing to foot the bill for a few nights at the Holiday Inn in town as my contribution to your adventure. and needless to say you’re welcome to all the weed you want. L O L. Probably not safe to take any home with you is it.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
So far the lady I rent the other bedroom to hasn’t caught it from me. I don’t know how that has happened. I just look at Somebody that has it, and come down with it! The price of being an old smoker!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Nephew says it’s like a war zone in Bothell! Tree limbs snapping, no power, all the things that happen when a place that doesn’t get snowed on much get snowed on!

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

We’re you visiting mr Goodman farm? Lmao - nice vacay I’m b headed to Michigan again for a week , not looking forward to the cold! Lol

Nephew says it’s like a war zone in Bothell! Tree limbs snapping, no power, all the things that happen when a place that doesn’t get snowed on much get snowed on!
Lol lucky I'm up here in the mountains 🤣.

Plus I cut all the worst deadwood and am in the open as much as possible

But the wind can be terrible here and I'm more exposed and the deep here

My snow ❄️ isn't melting like it is in Bothell

There are no unlockable doors
There are no unwinnable wars
There are no unrightable wrongs
Or unsingable songs
There are no unbeatable odds
No believable God's
No unnameable name's...

Shall I say it again... YEAH!!!!!

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

Drank quite a bit of wine today and we had a dear friend come hang out with us for the day before driving back to Riverside. 1 nite in Santa Barbara then spend some 1-1 time with my son in glendale. 7 degrees in Santa Ynez but have one of those fireplace heaters going. Really nice people own the place and they stopped by to meet us. SIGH, some wonderful people here in Cali! @NotFrankster shovel shovel toil and trouble.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Hey remember where you’re at! We don’t do centigrade here! It’s going to hit freezing here tonight. Better go out and let the outdoor Spigots drip. Don’t need any surprises in the morning.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Agreed with all that stuff. I think maybe it's time to try and do things differently sometimes and trying different strategies that are effective

My old management style when I worked was mostly delegate and spot check. Usually having things done to my own specifications. Teaching how I want things when needed to

I'm willing to do things another way these days but safety .. fulfilling objective is important. Protocol is mandatory

If it's not happening time to change something. I'm not a charity case. We just need to be on the same page or give each other some space if we're not...

Bottom line... If you want to do mountaineering. .. timber... Or rigging like he's professing....
You need to learn basic knot's.,.

Anything less is reckless

View attachment 1303592View attachment 1303593
You need to master the basics and more... Not complain that you can't or are incapable. Or deferred to me

Not tying dangerous jumbled nothing...

Where there's a will there's a way
I’m a rigger/scaffolder clove hitch half hitch n bow line only knots il ever need in my life👍 If ya can’t tie knots tie lots they say

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Drank quite a bit of wine today and we had a dear friend come hang out with us for the day before driving back to Riverside. 1 nite in Santa Barbara then spend some 1-1 time with my son in glendale. 7 degrees in Santa Ynez but have one of those fireplace heaters going. Really nice people own the place and they stopped by to meet us. SIGH, some wonderful people here in Cali! @NotFrankster shovel shovel toil and trouble.
Yeah I'm up for the night every half hour... Damn Roofs....Joint and coffee ☕ keeping the fire 🔥 lit 😅

Outlasting the elements here... It's ON

Who let this riff raff into the room.. that one's smoking a joint and that one's got spots 🤣..

Welcome 😁 home @sanbaptai

Last edited:
NotFrankster

NotFrankster

I’m a rigger/scaffolder clove hitch half hitch n bow line only knots il ever need in my life👍 If ya can’t tie knots tie lots they say
Yeah clove hitch isn't rocket science brother... God-damned tweakers can't tie knots. Or comprehend any form of safety or forethought.... No comprende...

One ⚙️ reckless

Not even so called recovering ones can by the looks of it. Sadly 😢

Just lot's of unharnessed raw energy and occasional flailing

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

Yeah clove hitch isn't rocket science brother... God-damned tweakers can't tie knots. Or comprehend any form of safety or forethought.... No comprende...

One ⚙️ reckless

Not even so called recovering ones can by the looks of it. Sadly 😢

Just lot's of unharnessed raw energy and occasional flailing
Flailing is helpful when falling from grace. I like that song run like hell.....vg pick

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Lol the crazy part is I got to walk that long left side below to get out of the woods...

About a quarter mile and creeks in the trails... Probably waist high in some spots
Um what the hell do ya say to that your a harder man than me mate ya ain’t gotta spare snow plow up in them there hills I don’t suppose keep safe man and warm somehow no wonder your up every hr to chuck wood on the burner👍
Yeah I'm staying warm and dry. Heat will drive you out.

Safety first and I'm just hunkered down here for a few days. Trying to figure out a window in the weather to get some supplies and do some things. Don't want the camp go to hell in a hand basket

Just tired but tonight should be better than last night

Top Bottom