Blazing heat, smoke-filled skies, illegal! What could possibly go wrong?

• Thread starter Oldchucky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Right on, brother! We will take your heat, but you can keep your humidity! And man, do you have that!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
First screwup of the year! Put out a little early! Just two so far! Fortunately, I am quite aware of my self-destructive, let’s see what happens if, tendencies, and compensate for them! Start 25 in hopes of getting six or seven to the finish line! Lol!
C7AB311D 2568 41EC 8566 7A0255F2A52E
EB516AC1 A28D 4A5C A18D CE4614B3C384

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

23 and two still in the nursery. 60 bucks worth of lights, some dirt, and some water! Proof positive that vegging pot plants ain’t rocket science! Will put a few guinea pigs out for a good this weekend, but the majority won’t go out for two or three weeks. Spring has finally arrived!View attachment 1979871View attachment 1979870
Those girls look fab man! How cute, low 90’s 😂. I wish I had those overnight lows though!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Lol! Spent the morning cutting up a small tree that fell into my grow area. I had to drag it off and pile it up. No small feat for an old man with two bad knees! Lol but it’s done. Time to get the playpen set up and get some of these girls in pots. Hopefully girls! You’re right. I need to take advantage of this cool weather it won’t last forever! I see you are hanging tough! Keep up the good work. Must’ve learned something in the last few years! Take it easy, fellow, hot weather, denizon!
32F61F66 8305 40CD A6C1 165877E49A02
8D7B46FC FA01 485E 920E 36FE769FF8B2
F34CFCC5 5469 4ABB 9E94 4872F0DA3A3D

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
This thread is now a year old. :).

I'm gonna have to nominate New York City for heat. Concrete, bricks snd asphalt that absorb and radiate heat back every day and night. At 3am it often doesn't dip below 80. Then it starts right back up again.......the air doesn't move, thick with steamy himidity.....day after day, night after night......

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yeah, I was going to start a new one. But Canna granny said she thought I should keep it going. So we will in her honor and all of the others. I don’t know how you guys get anything to the finish line back there. you really have to know what you’re doing. Late September, and everyone back there starts nutting up, suffering, anxiety, attacks, battling, mold, mildew, rain, you name it! You watch. You will see people posting pictures of their trees, big, beautiful plants, but around 1 October 80% of them will disappear! Lol or lose their nerve and chop a month early! But at least they’re trying! Grow on!

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Yeah, I was going to start a new one. But Canna granny said she thought I should keep it going. So we will in her honor and all of the others. I don’t know how you guys get anything to the finish line back there. you really have to know what you’re doing. Late September, and everyone back there starts nutting up, suffering, anxiety, attacks, battling, mold, mildew, rain, you name it! You watch. You will see people posting pictures of their trees, big, beautiful plants, but around 1 October 80% of them will disappear! Lol or lose their nerve and chop a month early! But at least they’re trying! Grow on!
Yeah, I think it's a good thing that it's a year old, and maybe adding on to a thread is better than a lot of new ones.

That's funny......I mean, what you're saying is right in line with US harvest time, and there's a few reasons why this is the case. Unless someone has a large indoor garden, the amounts they're harvesting outdoors is going to be much larger than what they're used to. The amount per plant is larger, and they've waited 5-7months for fall harvest. There's a lot at stake........

A lot of people are just barely getting used to it being legal. We've been conditioned for years to be scared of all this......and it wasn't simple possession. Still.....not every state is legal, many people are growing more than what their state allows, and even if the law is not a concern, there's a whole bunch of other things that can go wrong in the final weeks leading up to harvest.

And through all of this, even taking all of these things out of the equation.......most people harvest too early. Not most 60%, most more like 80% or more. If you dropped me into an area where various people are growing.......I'm not talking about skilled, experienced, or commercial growers, just regular people......I would do 2 things that would make what I grow stand out (besides good genetics). I would harvest weeks after everyone else, and I would add extra time and cure properly. 6-8 weeks after everyone else is having theirs I would say "Try this...."

I miss CannaGranny. I can understand that things happen, I've seen it all, it doesn't have to be a grow site, it could be any subject matter, any kind of site, problems will arise, clashes, conflicts........then camps form, inner politics, whatever it is. And sometimes people do some bad things, their anger gets the best of them, they make poor decisions.....loyalties form.....things happen.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
In general east of the Mississippi is a world-class vegging climate. The stuff grows like crazy back there! Unfortunately, it is an equally terrible flowering climate. Pot plants require a certain amount of time to finish up properly. And there doesn’t seem to be a way to speed that up. Just seems to be a cold , hard fact that you run out of time. And then, even more fun, is to talk egos. Through observation and experience, I found that mother nature seems to detest large egos! But she embraces humility. That guy standing next to the 12 foot plant, with the 12 foot ego, the first week of September, beaming, like God’s gift to growing, doesn’t seem to realize that mother nature is just sitting back watching. Licking her chops! And around the first or second week of October, will make her adjustment to that ego! LOL! And does so without mercy! I think you get my drift. In my opinion, it would behoove anyone growing back there to go back and look at TSD’s grow logs from last year. She learned the hard way and made adjustments. But still had to resort to extraordinary measures to even get close to finishing properly. Plain and simple, if you don’t have the right climate, the chance of success is minimal! And I would wager that the sales of lights and tents skyrocket in November, and December. Not because of the holidays, but because of what happened in October! L O L! Grow on, dogs!

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
In general east of the Mississippi is a world-class vegging climate. The stuff grows like crazy back there! Unfortunately, it is an equally terrible flowering climate. Pot plants require a certain amount of time to finish up properly. And there doesn’t seem to be a way to speed that up. Just seems to be a cold , hard fact that you run out of time. And then, even more fun, is to talk egos. Through observation and experience, I found that mother nature seems to detest large egos! But she embraces humility. That guy standing next to the 12 foot plant, with the 12 foot ego, the first week of September, beaming, like God’s gift to growing, doesn’t seem to realize that mother nature is just sitting back watching. Licking her chops! And around the first or second week of October, will make her adjustment to that ego! LOL! And does so without mercy! I think you get my drift. In my opinion, it would behoove anyone growing back there to go back and look at TSD’s grow logs from last year. She learned the hard way and made adjustments. But still had to resort to extraordinary measures to even get close to finishing properly. Plain and simple, if you don’t have the right climate, the chance of success is minimal! And I would wager that the sales of lights and tents skyrocket in November, and December. Not because of the holidays, but because of what happened in October! L O L! Grow on, dogs!
Oh I agree with all of that. I start by realizing everything can go wrong, at any stage and for any reason. To get a very good harvest (I won't call it perfect because there is no such thing), everything needs to go right, at every stage. You need a string of As......not a string of 100s, there's a little room for mistakes, but it's a tall order to have everything go right for 5-7 months. And the stakes get higher with each passing week. Even when it's ovet it isn't over.....

You'd think the South would be great for growing, and much of it is.......but heat, humidity.......

Last year it was a super unusual warm/late fall. Totally lucked out, although I think I'd much rather not deal with heat and humidity through September and early October. But this was the only reason I was able to harvest Nov 1st in a zone brushing up against Canada. But most everyone else up here harvested Sept 15th because that's whst they're used to doing. Then there's the things we can do to extend the season. From protecting the plants from cold rains, and drying them off, to just 1 or 2 small outdoor heat guns that could get you through a few bruef below freezing early mornings. Every extra week can make a big difference.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Transplanted out here anywhere from three days to six days ago. Still trying to figure out the watering. They should start moving pretty soon. I hope! Lol!View attachment 1995085
Looks like u have an awesome outdoor grow spot chucky gee I’m not jealous at all😂 super healthy girls ya got goin on mate once they start branching out they will be beasts I’ve just moved house so for the first time in 10 years I don’t have a plant goin atm it sux might pop some beans today👍

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
This thread is now a year old. :).

I'm gonna have to nominate New York City for heat. Concrete, bricks snd asphalt that absorb and radiate heat back every day and night. At 3am it often doesn't dip below 80. Then it starts right back up again.......the air doesn't move, thick with steamy himidity.....day after day, night after night......
Funny part is the smoke filled skies part…. Fits right in a year later haha

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
It sure does for the people in the upper Midwest and back east! Hasn’t been bad out here for the last two years. Knock on wood! Good to see someone else getting a taste of it!😅

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
It sure does for the people in the upper Midwest and back east! Hasn’t been bad out here for the last two years. Knock on wood! Good to see someone else getting a taste of it!😅
I’m up here in the northeast and wow, horrible smoke, rubber smell, glad I’m indoors but the outdoor veggie garden is still doing great but I’ve seen photos from people having garden issues in the smoke filled skies area ,

Top Bottom