Bodhi Seeds Thread.

• Thread starter happy b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

Looking really good @Minitiger, seems like things evened out for you.

Haha, ummmm, yeah, we'll see.

Seriously, everyone who's paying attention, this might as well be @Bulldog11 and @Seamaiden 's grow haha. They've been holding my hand like a little kid throughout all of this and dealing with pages and pages of pm's haha. Gawd bless 'em cuz I probably wouldn't have made it this far without them. I love all you guys here at the farm (well, most of you anyway haha), but those two have been fucking invaluable. We should all be glad to have so many knowledgable people here to help us out.

Thanks you all.

H

happy b

Seriously, though, look at that pic. The Goldstars are the second row from the the front, #1-#5 left to right. Look at the difference between number four and number five. #4 is towering over #5. For f4's, there sure seems to be a lot of variation. Not complaining at all, just making observations.
They all look good to me.i actually like a bit of variety between phenos.it gives more of a chance to find something u like.

Minitiger

Minitiger

They all look good to me.i actually like a bit of variety between phenos.it gives more of a chance to find something u like.

Yeah, for sure. I'm especially digging the Goldstar with the wider internodes, really hoping that one turns out to be a longer-flowering pheno. I just thought, you know, with them being f4's and all, that they'd be a little more identical. But I'm glad for the variation.

Minitiger

Minitiger

yea the variation dosent seem that extreme, looks like theres 2 more dom phenos, and one that may just be slow, but possibly a third

And the other thing is that I was kind of moving them all around the tent every time I watered, which was every two or sometimes three days. Just trying to position them so that theplants that seemed to need the most light were getting it. That may have had something to do with it, too. From here on out, I'll be keeping each strain grouped together, just because it's a lot easier to observe the differences and similarities between phenos when theyre all lined up together like that.

Minitiger

Minitiger

My bad, just read Bodhi's Apollo 11 strain description on another website, he said the branchier, bushy phenos with atypical branching are the Genius ones, so it looks like I'm all good. The Apollos I have growing now have pretty fucking "atypical" branching. Like I said, they're kind of a tangled mess. When I have time (wont be for two or three days), I'll take some individual plant pics to see what y'all think.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Haha, ummmm, yeah, we'll see.

Seriously, everyone who's paying attention, this might as well be @Bulldog11 and @Seamaiden 's grow haha.

Thanks you all.

Nonsense, thanks for the respect, however we are happy to help in any way possible. You're the one that has put all the work in, and double checks your ladies on a daily. Glad your hard work is starting to pay off.

masshole61

masshole61

Been wanting to grow some bodhi gear for a while, but only recently found SV. And what I found were a lot of choices. So I thought I'd turn to you guys to help me find what I'm looking for.
First and foremost I love my indica's. The stonier the better. I smoke a lot and have a VERY high tolerance. So I'm looking for an indica that most of you would smoke for bedtime, but I'm having it with breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. I'm also looking for a strain that's relatively easy to grow with a decent to good yield.
Any advice from my fellow farmers would me greatly appreciated.
M

Minitiger

Minitiger

I dunno, what do y'all think? Had trouble uploading pics and I realize the lighting aint the best, but the first pic is the Goldstar straggler. As you can see, it's just a tightly woven branchy mess of a plant.

The second, if these pics uploaded in the proper order (I hate technology and can't figure it out haha!) is my Apollo 11 G #5, which has honestly been my favorite since the day it's sprouted. Having said that, look at the way some of those leaves are growing at a 90 degree angle. Very bizarre, I think. Each internode is throwing out leaves that grow opposite of the previous. Meaning: One set of leaves grows horizontal to the pot it's growing in and then the next grows 90 degrees opposite. Sorry, did I just repeat myself? I'm tired, my apologies haha. Maybe all of y'all that have experience with the Genius pheno think that looks normal or typical of the Genius pheno. Still, I think it looks weird. But in a good way? Maybe?

The third picture, Apollo 11 G #2, has been doing this weird scraggly "leaves curling down at the ends and kind of all over the place"-type of thing. It doesn't look healthy, but it does look healthy. I dunno if that makes any sense, but that's the best way I can put it. But you can obviously see the way those leaf tips are curling down big-time, but not in a "I over-watered" kind of way. They just seem to not grow, umm.... Properly, I guess. I dunno. Obviously haha.

The Clusterfunks are just ridiculous. I'll take pics of them in the next day or two, but they've all caught up to or are outgrowing the rest of the strains which were planted a week earlier. Clusterfunk #1 in particular looks like the winner. And not just out of the CF's, but out of all the plants in the tent.

All of the Goldstars (sorry no pics of those again ((except for the straggler #5)), I'll post some of the others in the next few days) have now developed very purple stems. Again, as I said in an earlier post, I'm chalking this up to environmental conditions rather than genetics. Tent's been getting really cold during lights off while I'm at work. Luckily, I have the next three days off, so I'll be sure to keep temps at a more stable level, even if that means getting up and cranking the central heat and air up for like fifteen minutes and turning it off for 45 minutes every fucking hour. Who cares? I have no life haha!

Oddly, something about the Prayer Towers just aren't "speaking" to me. I dunno how else to put it. They are fucking thriving, no lie, most of them are now the biggest plants in the tent and look the most vigorous, too (with the exception of the CF#1, which is just. Fucking. Killing it.). And the Prayer Towers were really the first strain by Bodhi that I saw and went,"Fuck, I NEED that strain!!!!" haha! I'm pretty sure that was the first set of beans I ordered, along with the Gojis (which for some reason I forgot to even sprout on this initial run). But there's something about them that just aren't "doing it" for me. Or maybe they're just doing so well that I'm like,"Ahhhh, fuck it, give 'em some water, put them to the side and deal with the others...." Again, I dunno (I don't know shit, obviously haha), but for whatever reason, they're not talking to me.

Maybe that's a good thing haha.

Gotta say, I topped every plant two nights ago in an effort to slow them down a little bit and they didn't slow down at all. Almost all of them have grown another inch and a half at least since then, easily. Also gotta mention that I transplanted them from those three inch starter cube pots into half-gallons 12 days ago, thinking that that would give me at least three or four weeks and more time to sex them, but, um, no. All of the drainage holes have roots growing out of the bottoms of the pots already, probably gonna need to transplant them again really soon. Or let them get a little root-bound.

Just kidding, I love my babies. Letting them get root-bound isn't an option, no matter how much my back hurts haha.

Very impressed so far. Watered them with a little Neptune's Harvest fish and kelp tonight, we'll see what they do over the next few days. Female pre-flowers (or what appears to be female pre-flowers) showing on the few that I checked tonight. Stoked. And tired. Really looking forward to these next few days off.

If there's ANYBODY who has experience with any of the four strains I'm growing, PLEASE, chime in. I'm all-fucking-ears.

Thank you thank you!!!

IMG 0333
IMG 0330
IMG 0329
Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

@Minitiger Looking great brother. Those plants are super happy.

You think? I mean, I thought so, too, but.... Have you ever seen a plant throw branches like the number 5 Apollo? With leaves growing at a ninety-degree angle like that? I'm assuming that that's what Bodhi meant when he said "atypical branching." So hopefully that one at least is a Genius-type plant.

Female pre-flowers (or what appear to be) are showing up on quite a few of the plants now. I was hoping for a 50/50 male to female ratio. If I get more than nine or ten females, I'm fucked, as I just don't have the room for more than that. But I suppose I can figure out something.

First-world problems haha....

Any idea what's up with the Apollo number 2 growing those weird wavy leaves?

Okay, sorry to hijack your thread, @happyb , I guess I'll start my proper grow report in the next few days so's I can ask all these questions there.

H

happy b

You think? I mean, I thought so, too, but.... Have you ever seen a plant throw branches like the number 5 Apollo? With leaves growing at a ninety-degree angle like that? I'm assuming that that's what Bodhi meant when he said "atypical branching." So hopefully that one at least is a Genius-type plant.

Female pre-flowers (or what appear to be) are showing up on quite a few of the plants now. I was hoping for a 50/50 male to female ratio. If I get more than nine or ten females, I'm fucked, as I just don't have the room for more than that. But I suppose I can figure out something.

First-world problems haha....

Any idea what's up with the Apollo number 2 growing those weird wavy leaves?

Okay, sorry to hijack your thread, @happyb , I guess I'll start my proper grow report in the next few days so's I can ask all these questions there.
Hey man not atall.i WANT people to post theyr experiences here.by all means start a grow thread of your own too but just dont neglect to post here too!
Im glad the appollos are going good.
do u have a space for cuttings?if not its important to get one and atleast enough space for 1 or 2 small mothers.i used to grow just from seeds for a few years but its murder coz the vast majority of seedlines will give 1 maybe 2 plants of the desired calibre if your lucky,the rest is just average weed,and who wants average wen your going to all that effort?

H

happy b

Been wanting to grow some bodhi gear for a while, but only recently found SV. And what I found were a lot of choices. So I thought I'd turn to you guys to help me find what I'm looking for.
First and foremost I love my indica's. The stonier the better. I smoke a lot and have a VERY high tolerance. So I'm looking for an indica that most of you would smoke for bedtime, but I'm having it with breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. I'm also looking for a strain that's relatively easy to grow with a decent to good yield.
Any advice from my fellow farmers would me greatly appreciated.
M
As already mentioned jabbas stash but its not 100% indica.Dank Sinatra if u can get them.as calyxilon already said something with the 88ghash.it would really need to be the ghash crosses as most of the others have atleast some sativa in em.however some of the ghash phenos can grow pretty tall for indicas.theres one pheno inparticular thats just a big thick single main branch wen left untopped or cropped and it produces some gorgeous and really solid nugs.
theres plenty of newer 88g13hp crosses from bodhi kickin about that im not that familiar with.

Calixylon

Calixylon

was gonna say Dan Sinatra, or Tranquil Elephantizer, those are two strains that have been out a minute and are known to be his stronger Indicas, i know SVoc has Dank Sinatra in stock, i dont think hes gonna make any TE, but he should

Minitiger

Minitiger

Hey man not atall.i WANT people to post theyr experiences here.by all means start a grow thread of your own too but just dont neglect to post here too!
Im glad the appollos are going good.
do u have a space for cuttings?if not its important to get one and atleast enough space for 1 or 2 small mothers.i used to grow just from seeds for a few years but its murder coz the vast majority of seedlines will give 1 maybe 2 plants of the desired calibre if your lucky,the rest is just average weed,and who wants average wen your going to all that effort?

Yeah, sorry, I should've said that power is the issue, not space. I have two rooms in my house (the grow room and my "television room") being powered by a single twenty amp circuit, so I have to take into consideration what's going on in the rest of my house before I add more lights, fans etc. In fact, when I was setting all this shit up, I got a kill-a-watt to check out all of the power being drawn from the TV room and realized that my girl had a plasma television that was drawing 700 watts (no wonder it got like ten degrees hotter in there every time we turned on the TV haha) and was running 6.7 amps, which is virtually identical to the Apache I have in my grow room, so I got rid of that ASAP and bought a new tv that only draws 1.2 amps.

Wish I still had money for frivolous shit like that haha.

I have a 2' x 4' eight bulb t5 fixture that I was planning on using to veg clones and keep mothers in and I have space in the room to add another tent, but I'm quite sure that if I turn on that t5, it'll overload the circuit. I also have a tendency to get ahead of myself, so when I started this grow, I was just all like,"Okay, be in the now, I'll deal with the mother plant/clones situation when the time comes.... Just get this shit started...." Well, that time is approaching rapidly and I have no clue where I'm gonna keep 'em haha!

But I have a few ideas....

Either way, yeah, I'm not losing any of the plants I want to keep around. Again, I'll figure out something.

Just outta curiosity, did you see that pic of the Apollo #5 I posted? Have you ever seen a plant throw branches all perpendicular to the meristem like that? It's literally growing at a ninety degree angle. Very strange. In a good way, of course. I mean, I hope it's good haha.

H

happy b

@Minitiger yes iv saw many plants grow like that.its not uncommon atall.infact i would say its a good thing because it means the lower branches grow out and up away from the stem and the shade from the leaves above out into the light were they,l grow bigger nugs.

Top Bottom