Bodhi Tree Of Life, Larry Lotus And Sunshine Daydream

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

Sooooo.... Not much going on right now. One thing I've noticed (and I noticed this a while ago, when I grew a very Sativa-dominant plant outside just to check my soil mix ((never planned on flowering out))) is that even Sativa-ish plants start out looking pretty Indica-ish. Meaning, they start out with fat leaves. My theory on this is that most (or all) Sativas started out in a jungle-type environment. A very competitive place, where every plant is fighting for light. So it only makes sense that no matter how "Sativa" plants are, they would start out with big ol' leaves, just so they can get their share of the limited light available to them when they're sitting on the floor of a rain forest or whatever, trying to survive.

I said that same thing on somebody else's log, can't remember which one right now, but yeah, it makes sense to me. I may have read that somewhere, too, but I don't remember where. But yeah, when I grew that plant outdoors last summer (it was a South American Sativa hybrid that leaned verrrryyyyy heavily "Sativa"), the first four or five nodes had these huge leaves that made me go,"Hmmm....." But after the fifth node or so, the plant started throwing out classic thin-bladed leaves that could never be classified as anything other than "This is a fucking Sativa," haha. Grew it out to about 14 nodes or so before I killed it, but yeah, very interesting.

I'm only bringing this up because of the way the Tree of Lifes look right now. I sure hope those leaves start getting a little thinner.

The other thing I noticed is that I think my light (Apache AT600) tends to keep internode spacing extreeeeeeeemly tight. I keep looking at these other people's grow logs and their shit is all stretched out already, they're like a foot tall and just on their fourth or fifth node. Most of my plants are on their fourth or fifth node (maybe their sixth already; the growth is so compact that it's hard to tell, same as last time) and they're barely six inches tall. I'm not complaining. Just observing.

Anyway, gonna top them in the next few days (for a variety of reasons, which I don't feel like getting into now; I wanna enjoy my day off haha).

I dunno if y'all can see, but a couple of the TL's are starting to show some weird discoloration. When I was watering last night, I even thought,"What the fuck is that? Is that...." I don't wanna say what it was I thought. I think it's just.... I dunno..... I'll take a closer look the next time I get in there. I'm certain it's not something I brought in, just cuz I don't get in there until I shower and wash my hair and shit, but yeah, something about two of those TL's was bugging me last night.

It'd probably help if I took better notes and remembered what the fuck I was doing haha.

Anyway, there it is. I expect them to start throwing pre-flowers pretty soon.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I've done 1 round Outdoors and 1 round indoors of Sunshine daydream ( Loved it both times)^
^
OD 15GAL got me 12.5 oz's, indoor:4x4 coco bed got me a lb and then some

Sweet. I've heard and read a lot of good things about the SSDD, although I've never blazed it myself. It was a decision between them and The Fuzz (already knew I was gonna run the Larry Lotus and the Tree of Life). But I've read so many good things about the pain-killing qualities of SSDD that I went with those instead of The Fuzz. My back's been killing me for the past six months or so. I mean..... Sure, I could probably just do some lower back stretches, but why do that if I can just blaze some bomb-ass herb? Hahaha!!!

Ain't kidding, either: one of those SSDD's REEKS of sour butter. To the point where I'm thinking that even if it turns out male, maybe I should figure out a way to flower it waaaaayyyyy away from my girls and save some pollen. I even got my girlfriend outta bed last night (she doesn't really blaze at all and definitely doesn't give a fuck about what I'm doing haha) to be like,"Baby, does this smell like sour butter to you????" hahaha.

She agreed with me, btw. But who the fuck knows if she was just saying shit and agreeing with me so she could go back to bed hahaha!!!

Minitiger

Minitiger

Totally forgot to post a picture of the Tree of Life that got spilled. Check it out, @Welshwizzard . It's basically caught up to everything else, which makes it all the more impressive. The only thing I've noticed that's different from the other TL's is that it's much lighter green than the others. I think I may have damaged the tap root when I scooped it out from the corner of the pot, not sure if that has anything to do with the pale green color or not. Either way, this one's a fighter. Like I said before, I have high hopes for this one.

IMG 2183
IMG 2184
Minitiger

Minitiger

Also, @Burned Haze how did you find the smoke of those SSDD's you ran? I've read a bunch of different descriptions of it from various people online and they were kind of all over the place as far as the high type, just curious what you thought of its effects. I really do hope it's a good pain-killing strain.

Ugh.... Smoked some Pink Panther thats been curing for like two months earlier today and it fucked me UP (probably didn't help that I drank like a twelve pack before I blazed haha). Ended up having to go lay down around seven tonight and woke up about an hour ago. Now I can't go back to sleep haha. Guess my day's gonna be fucked haha. Maybe I'll blaze some Kosher or Larry and hope that one of those will knock me out again.....

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Okay.... 5x each Tree of Life, LL and SSDD sowed on March 18th. I spilled one of the TL pots on Sunday, March 20th, two days after planting. Couldn't find the seed so I just scooped all the soil back in the pot and grabbed another TL seed and planted it. The new one also broke dirt in four days. Then, two or three days later, there was the original TL seed I thought I lost, all sprouted up and looking good in the corner of the pot. Scooped it up and planted it in its own pot, so total: 5x LL, 5x SSDD and 6x Tree of Life. The one that got spilled is lagging big-time, for what I think are obvious reasons (uh, got spilled, then transplanted way early). But I have high hopes for it, just cuz it's obviously a survivor haha.

Specs are the same as last time:
5 x 5 Green Qube
Apache AT600
Couple fans here and there and a 6" vortex for ventilation.

The only thing different this time is I'm using a 50/50 mix of Bu's Blend and Agrowin EWC for the humus third of the soil mix, plus just a tiiiiiny bit of recycled soil added to the total mix. And I have to say, I feel like I already see a difference. But that might just be me being optimistic haha. Still, these sprouts seem waaaayyyyy more vigorous than the last grow. I really have to chalk that up to the Bu's. Or somethin' haha.

As soon as the sprouts broke ground, I drenched with a little bit of all three OG Biowar packs. A week after that, I drenched with an ACT (four gallons of RO water, 1.5 cups Agrowin and a third cup molasses, brewed for 30 or so hours using Microbeman's Brewer). Straight water the other times I watered, with the exception of tonight, when I mixed an eighth tsp each of aloe Vera powder and coconut powder into a gallon of water.

I've decided that for this run, I'm gonna try to stick closely to BAS's nutrient/feeding/whatever regimen, unless my gut tells me otherwise. But yeah, I'm curious to see how their recommendations pan out.

Also, just re-read what I typed, wanna make it clear that I didn't drench these seedlings with the entire four gallons of ACT haha! Used about a cup on each plant (they're in the little 3" starter pots) and then poured the rest on all of my soil mixes that I have waiting in the garage. Didn't want anybody to be like,"He did fucking what???" haha.

Gotta say, too, for anybody who's interested in this grow, this will be a very long and tedious log (in the best way possible). These plants will be sexed and vegged for sixty days, clones will be taken and then flowered out. I MAY take clones around day thirty or whenever pre-flowers show, root them, flower them and keep the original seed plants to take more clones once they reach at least sixty days. But, uh, yeah, this is gonna take a while.

Just took some random pics, probably not the greatest quality, plus they're just little two-week old sprouts, but I have to admit, they're kinda thriving. I'll post them shortly.

@Seamaiden @hiiipower @usstoner @jumpincactus @Mr Bee @Limonene @Growin Grass (I like y'all haha) and whoever else I might be forgetting, feel free to chime in whenever y'all want.

Btw, anybody have any idea why the fuck I can't tag Bulldog11?
I'm subbed for the show. Thanks for the invite.......... :D:smoking::fire:

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Totally forgot to post a picture of the Tree of Life that got spilled. Check it out, @Welshwizzard . It's basically caught up to everything else, which makes it all the more impressive. The only thing I've noticed that's different from the other TL's is that it's much lighter green than the others. I think I may have damaged the tap root when I scooped it out from the corner of the pot, not sure if that has anything to do with the pale green color or not. Either way, this one's a fighter. Like I said before, I have high hopes for this one.

She's going to rock your world my friend.

Slipping under the radar, ready to blow your mind!

hiiipower

hiiipower

Hope all is well in minitigerland. Especially hope the seedlings are doing well, really excited for this show. Pretty soon you'll be sexing I'm guessing?? Gotta be getting big by now!

Finally, probably 2-3 months after I told you I would show you a pic, haha, here's the Eclipse(Apollo 11 x Apollo 13)
Wanted to show you the 2 phenos I think I found. Kind of hard to make out, but the left one is the taller plant and was topped. The right one is the short one that hasn't been topped and won't be topped because I think she's a Genius pheno. Whuddya think? Real thin/frail and bushy kinda like an Apollo plant, yeah? Branchy as hell.
IMG 9995

I have 2 of the taller phenos and just the 1 short one. Will be flowering them in about a week. Gonna keep the short one in veg about a week longer than the other 2. That way it can make up for the super slow growth and I bet it finishes very fast just like your 11's did.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Hope all is well in minitigerland. Especially hope the seedlings are doing well, really excited for this show. Pretty soon you'll be sexing I'm guessing?? Gotta be getting big by now!

Finally, probably 2-3 months after I told you I would show you a pic, haha, here's the Eclipse(Apollo 11 x Apollo 13)
Wanted to show you the 2 phenos I think I found. Kind of hard to make out, but the left one is the taller plant and was topped. The right one is the short one that hasn't been topped and won't be topped because I think she's a Genius pheno. Whuddya think? Real thin/frail and bushy kinda like an Apollo plant, yeah? Branchy as hell.
View attachment 593439

I have 2 of the taller phenos and just the 1 short one. Will be flowering them in about a week. Gonna keep the short one in veg about a week longer than the other 2. That way it can make up for the super slow growth and I bet it finishes very fast just like your 11's did.

Actually, I think the one on the left is the Genius pheno. I mean, the one on the right is hard to see, but the one on the left has a pretty noticeable zig-zag thing going on in the meristem. Before I even read your post, I looked at the picture and was like,"Damn, the one on the left is lookin' kinda Genius-y... " haha.

The grow's going okay. Temps have been getting too high when the light's off and too low when it's on. Didn't anticipate the weather getting as cool as it has been the past few nights, so I didn't run the heat. It's gotten into the mid-60s in the tent the past three nights (light on). But that'll get fixed starting tonight.

Found like six females so far. Can't recall offhand which strains they are. The "survivor" Tree of Life looks like it's a male, thought I saw some male pre flowers on it last night, but I'm gonna give it a couple more days. Honestly, I really hope I don't get more than nine females this time haha.

Anyway, I'll take pics tomorrow night when I water. Gave them an SST with a little fulvic and K Silicate last night, but it got too cold in there while I was sleeping. They didn't look "perky" enough to take pics of today haha.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, sorry, y'all. Finally took some pics tonight. Gonna post those first and then get into specifics. All of these pics are in order, even! Haha. Yeah, I took my time tonight. Anyway, the Larry Lotus's, in order #1-#5:

IMG 2215
IMG 2216
IMG 2217
IMG 2218

IMG 2219
IMG 2220

IMG 2221
IMG 2222
IMG 2223
IMG 2225

Minitiger

Minitiger

Aaaaarrrrggghhhhh!!! Okay, sorry, not all of the pics uploaded in order, but hopefully y'all get the idea. Sorry about the double posts, too.

Each of these strains are showing basically two obvious phenotypical differences (or whatever; sorry, it's late as shit and I wanna go to bed haha). The Tree of Life's in particular have two very obvious differences, hopefully y'all can see that from the pics. One is a very branchy fat-leaved pheno, while the other is the straight-up "Totem Pole" Temple-leaning pheno that I've read Bodhi describe. Super-excited about both, though. And all of them, really.

A couple of the Larry Lotuses have these unbelievably fat-ass fan leaves that're just huge. And some of them are starting to throw some big ol' nine fingered fan leaves. Definitely starting to get very stoked for these plants.

The SSDD's really, really stink. It's very easy to pick them out from the rest of the garden. There's at least one "sour butter" pheno in there, but there could be one or two more. It's hard to tell because once I get into the tent, I just get blasted in the face with that smell and can't really smell anything else. Very, very delicious.

Anyway, watered with a barley SST and some fulvic and K Silicate like five nights ago, then straight water, then a little aloe and coconut water along with a little K Silicate again two nights ago, then straight water again tonight. They're definitely ready to be up-potted, which I'll do either tomorrow night or Saturday morning, depending on how lazy I'm feeling and how quickly the pots dry out. I like to transplant when the dirt is relatively dry, so I'll check tomorrow night and see what's up.

One thing I noticed tonight (and this is driving me fucking crazy, although I guess I should be happy about it): 15 females outta 16 seeds this run. That's one of the reasons why I've been waiting to transplant. I really want to make sure that I'm seeing these pre-flowers right, but yeah, it looks like I got 15 females. I really HAVE to believe that if you wanna get a shitload of females, just skip the soaking in shot glasses and paper towels and all that shit and plant your seeds straight into the dirt. Because between this run and the last run, I got 29 females out of 34 seeds sown. Fucking CRAZY.....

Anyway, yeah, please excuse the droopy leaves. Temps got real high two nights ago. And real low for a few nights, too. It's been veering a little too high and low in there the last week or so, but I think I got it straightened out now. Between the temp fluctuations and the fact that they're begging to be up-potted, I don't think they're too happy. But once I transplant, I expect them to really take off. But like I said, I wanna make sure I'm seeing these pre-flowers right, cuz I just do not have room for 15 females. Sad-face emoji hahaha!!!!

Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, up-potted on Monday (soooo, what? Three days ago? What day is it today? Haha!!!). Put them in three gallon smart pots and top dressed with Agrowin EWC and a little bit of neem meal. Also added about an eight of a cup of kelp mean globally and put a little bit of all three packs of OG Biowar right underneath the rootball. I also topped them, just cuz I'm planning on taking a shitload of clones from all of these plants.

The Tree of Life's are growing very "totem pole-ish." Like, very straight up with no branching at all.mWhen I flower them out, I will absolutely not top them, but I topped the original seeds plants just to try and get them a little more branchy-er so I can get more clone sites or whatever.

Gotta say, too, that the Tree of Life's seem very, uh.... I dunno. Sensitive? They don't look good. Seems like they're suffering from some sort of micronutrient deficiency, so I'm gonna foliar with a little TM7 tomorrow morning. Hopefully that'll help.

On the other hand, the Larry Lotus and the SSDD's look fucking stellar. The Larrys especially are making me go,"God damn...." They look really, really good. Hopefully that'll continue.

Anyway..... Pics soon. But I have too much pride. I wanna fix those TL's before I post some new pics, cuz I really don't like the way they look right now.

Still..... Gotta love growing weed..... Hahahaha!!!

Minitiger

Minitiger

@Limonene in the house haha. Glad you "liked" those posts. I'll show y'all some pics in the next day or three, but I really wanna see if a little TM7 foliar straightens out those Tree of Life's. They don't look horrible or anything, but they're not up to my standards.

I do think that I may have watered a little too early with the K silicate and aloe, coconut et al. Or maybe they're just super-sensitive. Do you know anything at all about the Tree of Life's? There's like zero information about them online, but they do seem to be extremely, um.... I dunno. They just don't look as good as the rest of the plants. Maybe that's why there ain't shit for info on them. I dig the structure, but some of the leaves just look horrible. Like I said, I think a little foliar will straighten them out quick, but I'm still like,"Hmmmm...."

Anyway, good to see you around. How's your shit going? I haven't checked out that B thread in a minute. And I STILL haven't heard back from Bodhi about those Colombian crosses haha. But I have a couple girls going to Cambodia and another girl going to Thailand in the next few weeks, told them to get me some seeds. Whether or not they come through is a different story, but if they do..... Yep. Mmmmm hmmmm.... Haha!!

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I dunno how "bad ass" my drying set-up is, considering I lost 3/5's of my crop last time hahaha!!!! Swear to gawd, I'm taking AT LEAST a week off from work this time when I chop. Ain't gonna risk losing what I lost again. They can fucking fire me for all I care, but I ain't going to work until this shit gets jarred up.

Which is, of course, a long way off....

Just got home from breakfast (what? It's fucking Saturday, so I had a late breakfast, so what? Haha), gonna post those pics in a minute. They're just boring veg pics, nothing to get excited about haha.

Looking forward to those Eclipses, btw. Post 'em up here if you want, don't matter to me! Everybody's welcome. Except dumb-asses haha.
Oops i better about turn and leave then.lol.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I dunno how "bad ass" my drying set-up is, considering I lost 3/5's of my crop last time hahaha!!!! Swear to gawd, I'm taking AT LEAST a week off from work this time when I chop. Ain't gonna risk losing what I lost again. They can fucking fire me for all I care, but I ain't going to work until this shit gets jarred up..
haha MT your hilarious

Top Bottom