Bodhi Tree Of Life, Larry Lotus And Sunshine Daydream

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Limonene

Limonene

I'll pop a proper reply up later, just working but here's some photos of my bodhi tent in the meantime
Blueberryhashplant^^

3 silver mountain Gas pheno and 1 sm fruity pheno
There are 8 plants in there 6 of which are bodhi, my fun tent!

Minitiger

Minitiger

I'll pop a proper reply up later, just working but here's some photos of my bodhi tent in the meantime
View attachment 597483 View attachment 597484 Blueberryhashplant^^View attachment 597485
3 silver mountain Gas pheno and 1 sm fruity pheno
There are 8 plants in there 6 of which are bodhi, my fun tent!

Nice. Gotta love having a "fun tent." Hoping to find a few keepers this round so I can have one "production tent" and then another tent to fuck around with. I have soooo many seeds I wanna run, but I'd really like to get a little perpetual thing going with a few strains and then have another area for checking out all of my other strains.

Those leaves on the Blueberry Hashplant look very Sativa-esque. Kind of surprising. Does it translate to the smoke? That's not the first time you've run her, right?

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

Maaaaan.... Just got done watering and I gotta say, the "totem pole" Tree of Life phenos look like shit. Ain't no other way to put it. They look like fucking garbage. I'm assuming that perhaps because they're the more Sativa-leaning pheno that maybe they didn't like the fulvic, coconut, aloe et al that I gave them about thirty days into veg, but all of the other plants (including the bushier TL's) look fine. Really, really disappointed in the "Temple" Tree of Life's so far. Growth-wise, they're the biggest plants in the garden, towering over everything else. But they've got some kind of weird brown discoloration going on on the bottom leaves that I just do not like the look of AT ALL. It looks like some kind of micronute deficiency, but I wanted to wait until tomorrow morning to foliar with some tm7 just to see if one more watering would maybe make them look a little better. I figured that the EWC top dress I gave them when I up-potted a week ago would straighten shit out, but so far it doesn't look like it's helping.

Clearly, the Temple-leaning Tree of Life pheno is a pain in the ass, because the Larry Lotus's and the SSDD's look fine, as do the bushy TL's. Anyway, like I said, I'm gonna give all of the plants a tm7 foliar tomorrow morning before lights off and hopefully that'll help. I'll take pics in two days so y'all can see this shit, but I'm kind of embarrassed about these TL's. Starting to think, too, that, uh, maybe that's why we haven't seen any grow logs of this strain.

Also gotta say, I'm not taking any clones or anything, gonna switch to 12/12 in the next few days. I think I'm leaving my girlfriend pretty soon, so I wanna get these flowered out and find a new spot ASAP. So, yeah, lots of shit going on in my personal life, forgive me if I only update sporadically. Gonna try to keep this shit updated on the regular, but I'm over where I'm at right now and wanna get back to my old 'hood and be single again.

Hahahaha!!!!! Yep, that's what's going on right now. Lengthy, heavy discussions with my girl all day today and problems with some of my plants. Ain't life motherfucking grand?

Just kidding. Life IS fucking grand. And the sooner I get out, the sooner y'all are gonna see better shows.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Foliared with tm7 this morning, hopefully that'll fix shit up.

Gotta say, before I forget, that the meristem on the SSDD #2 is straight up bleeeeeding red sap where I topped. Very, very dark red "blood" color. Never seen anything like it, except in that Bodhi post on breedbay where he found a Hawaiian that also had super-red sap. I don't know if it's a good thing or a whatever thing that doesn't matter, but yeah, man, really really red sap. Pretty cool, I think.

Pics in the next couple days (I know I keep saying that, I just wanna see how the foliar affects the plants first). I may try and get a picture of this red sap tonight, but I have to go to a friend's bday party later and I'm not sure if I'll be in a "pic taking" mood when I get home. But I'll try. It's pretty cool-looking.

Minitiger

Minitiger

One of the Larry Lotus's that I thought was a female turned out to be a male. Kind of a bummer, this one was growing very differently from the others. Extremely tight internodes and very bushy. This pic was taken today, I think about ten days or so after topping once. I like to take males outside and leave them there for a few days, just so they can enjoy where they ought to be, out in the sunshine and fresh air, instead of inside a tent. Gotta say, this plant REEKS. Kind of just a generic "pot smell"-type smell, but it's very strong. If I were a breeder, I'd consider using this. I have no idea really about breeding, but I really like this one. It's got big ol' knuckles and, like I said, very tight nodes. Nice, vigorous little bush. Doesn't look anything like the other Larry's. It caught my eye pretty early; pretty disappointed to find male pre-flowers on it, but, uh, whatever.

Anyway, so that makes eleven females. I think. Gonna water tonight and take clones of a few of the plants that have caught my eye. Not gonna take clones of all of them, just because I don't have room, but there are definitely a few that're making me go,"Hmmmm....." I'll take pics tonight and post them later on or more likely tomorrow (yeah yeah yeah, I know I said I was gonna do that last week, I've been slacking, no doubt). Anyway, uh, yeah....
IMG 2262
IMG 2258

Minitiger

Minitiger

Also, before I forget, everything looks good. Tree of Lifes look great, no more problems. I think that TM7 foliar really helped them out. There's one TL that's just DOMINATING the tent. That's one of the ones I'm gonna clone tonight. I'll show y'all the pics later. Like I just said. Duh. Sorry, y'all, long, looooooong weekend haha.

hiiipower

hiiipower

How did I miss all that? The site is obviously not updating me on any of my watched threads anymore, idk what's going on...

Damn well best of luck sorting the personal stuff out. Just hope you can still upload pics when your girl isn't doing it for you haha you still gotta give us a show.

Pretty awesome to be in a position where you have so much great genetics that you don't even take clones of some of the dankest stuff you could probably find hahaha

now lets see the girls in their flower tent! Oh yeah, when are you blooming?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Foliared with tm7 this morning, hopefully that'll fix shit up.

Gotta say, before I forget, that the meristem on the SSDD #2 is straight up bleeeeeding red sap where I topped. Very, very dark red "blood" color. Never seen anything like it, except in that Bodhi post on breedbay where he found a Hawaiian that also had super-red sap. I don't know if it's a good thing or a whatever thing that doesn't matter, but yeah, man, really really red sap. Pretty cool, I think.

Pics in the next couple days (I know I keep saying that, I just wanna see how the foliar affects the plants first). I may try and get a picture of this red sap tonight, but I have to go to a friend's bday party later and I'm not sure if I'll be in a "pic taking" mood when I get home. But I'll try. It's pretty cool-looking.
The red sap is a genetic thing.not too common a pheno even in the hawaian dragons blood line u mentioned.

Minitiger

Minitiger

How did I miss all that? The site is obviously not updating me on any of my watched threads anymore, idk what's going on...

Damn well best of luck sorting the personal stuff out. Just hope you can still upload pics when your girl isn't doing it for you haha you still gotta give us a show.

Pretty awesome to be in a position where you have so much great genetics that you don't even take clones of some of the dankest stuff you could probably find hahaha

now lets see the girls in their flower tent! Oh yeah, when are you blooming?

Yeah, that happens to me, too, although I have been getting updates lately.

I think I'm staying with my girl, so I will still be able to post pics haha. I actually know how to do that now, don't need her help anymore. And it only took me about eight months to learn haha.

I ended up taking clones of almost all of the plants, can't remember offhand which ones I didn't, but I just couldn't bring myself to not do it. I also removed one of the Sunshine Daydreams. I just don't have the room for all of those plants, especially since they're starting to get really big. I'm getting a little anxious about the stretch once I induce flower (which will probably be in about ten days; I wanna flip to 14/10 tonight in an effort to hopefully reduce the stretch and also give them a little time to recover from me taking clones).

Sorry about the lack of pics, when I got into the tent last night I had been up for about forty hours straight, just didn't have the energy to take pics, but I will tomorrow night when I water.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Maaaaan.... Just got done watering and I gotta say, the "totem pole" Tree of Life phenos look like shit. Ain't no other way to put it. They look like fucking garbage. I'm assuming that perhaps because they're the more Sativa-leaning pheno that maybe they didn't like the fulvic, coconut, aloe et al that I gave them about thirty days into veg, but all of the other plants (including the bushier TL's) look fine. Really, really disappointed in the "Temple" Tree of Life's so far. Growth-wise, they're the biggest plants in the garden, towering over everything else. But they've got some kind of weird brown discoloration going on on the bottom leaves that I just do not like the look of AT ALL. It looks like some kind of micronute deficiency, but I wanted to wait until tomorrow morning to foliar with some tm7 just to see if one more watering would maybe make them look a little better. I figured that the EWC top dress I gave them when I up-potted a week ago would straighten shit out, but so far it doesn't look like it's helping.

Clearly, the Temple-leaning Tree of Life pheno is a pain in the ass, because the Larry Lotus's and the SSDD's look fine, as do the bushy TL's. Anyway, like I said, I'm gonna give all of the plants a tm7 foliar tomorrow morning before lights off and hopefully that'll help. I'll take pics in two days so y'all can see this shit, but I'm kind of embarrassed about these TL's. Starting to think, too, that, uh, maybe that's why we haven't seen any grow logs of this strain.

Also gotta say, I'm not taking any clones or anything, gonna switch to 12/12 in the next few days. I think I'm leaving my girlfriend pretty soon, so I wanna get these flowered out and find a new spot ASAP. So, yeah, lots of shit going on in my personal life, forgive me if I only update sporadically. Gonna try to keep this shit updated on the regular, but I'm over where I'm at right now and wanna get back to my old 'hood and be single again.

Hahahaha!!!!! Yep, that's what's going on right now. Lengthy, heavy discussions with my girl all day today and problems with some of my plants. Ain't life motherfucking grand?

Just kidding. Life IS fucking grand. And the sooner I get out, the sooner y'all are gonna see better shows.
Have you got enough N bro? You are organic, so you are mineralising via microbes? Microbes need N to break organics in to ions. have you got enough in light of the growth rates? Are you adding any base nutes or just water and organics?
whats your base carbon to nitrogen ratio in your soil? Are you drying them out too much?
Brew up a protozoa tea based on a fish input, 36 hours or so and add this to boost mineralisation. If you are using lots of sugars, then you might be tipping in too much Carbon and so slowing rates of decay for your micros.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, y'all, sorry for the delay in posting pics. Clearly, if I say,"I'll do this tomorrow or the next day," what I really mean is,"I'll do this in a week or two," haha. Anyway, here they are, in no particular order. Not the greatest pics (it's been a long and stressful and very fun few weeks, but the older I get, the longer it seems for me to recover from my "fun weekends" that last a helluva lot more than a weekend haha). I rushed these pics this morning before lights off, so forgive me for the shitty quality of the pics. Hopefully y'all get the idea.

SSDD1
IMG 2272

Tree of Life 1
IMG 2274

IMG 2277

Larry Lotus 5
IMG 2279

Tree of Life 6 (this is the one that got spilled, the "Survivor Pheno," which, it turns out, is a female).
IMG 2281

Tree of Life 5 (notice that weird yellowish discoloration on some of the bottom fan leaves; if anybody can tell me why that's happening, I'm all ears)
IMG 2284

IMG 2285

IMG 2286

SSDD3
IMG 2288

IMG 2289

IMG 2282
Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, don't know why that happened, but that last pic in the above post is another Tree of Life 6 pic.

Anyway, here are the others:

SSDD5
IMG 2291

IMG 2292

Tree of Life 4
IMG 2294

IMG 2296

Larry Lotus 3
IMG 2298

IMG 2299

SSDD2
IMG 2301

IMG 2302

IMG 2303

Minitiger

Minitiger

So there you have it. These have all gotten much bigger than I would've liked them to pre-flip. Switched to 14/10 today (again, I know I said I was gonna do that a few days ago, but whatever haha), but I'm not sure how long I can keep them on 14/10 before I flip to 12/12. They're really getting pretty tall and a little unruly, so I'm thinking max five days of 14/10 before I flower. Even if I switched to 12/12 today, I think it'd get a little chaotic in the tent. It's already crowded in there as it is. If the Tree of Life's in particular stretch like I think they're gonna stretch, I may end up with five or six foot trees. May have to tie down most of these pretty good, but we'll see. I know my last run, the plants didn't stretch much at all, which is one of the reasons I kinda let them go this long. But those were different genetics. Like I said, the Tree of Lifes are monsters. Don't know if y'all can see it in the pics, but they have very wide internodes.

I'm really glad I took clones of most of these plants, because I really wanna do a few runs with these strains (provided they turn out fire) and get them dialed in. Which reminds me, forgot to post a pic of my cloning tray (cuz I know y'all are just DYING to see a bunch of unrooted clones haha), but I'll do that in a minute.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Have you got enough N bro? You are organic, so you are mineralising via microbes? Microbes need N to break organics in to ions. have you got enough in light of the growth rates? Are you adding any base nutes or just water and organics?
whats your base carbon to nitrogen ratio in your soil? Are you drying them out too much?
Brew up a protozoa tea based on a fish input, 36 hours or so and add this to boost mineralisation. If you are using lots of sugars, then you might be tipping in too much Carbon and so slowing rates of decay for your micros.

I'm assuming I have enough N, just because this is a new soil mix (recycling my soil from the last run, but I'm not using it currently). I also top dressed with a little bit of neem and a bunch of EWC when I transplanted to their final containers. The ACT will be brewed and applied in a few days (and this time, when I say "in a few days" I actually mean it haha). Gonna just do a basic EWC/compost/fish and kelp hydrolysate tea and see how that works.

The soil mix is Coots' so I figure everything is in there. But every strain is different, as you know. Perhaps the TL's just require more N? I dunno, but I'll find out soon enough, I guess. Like I said, I'm glad I took clones so I can run these a couple more times and get them dialed.

Minitiger

Minitiger

The clones. It's been four days since I took them and they're still looking good, so I have high hopes that they're actually gonna root. This is the first time I've taken clones, so, uh, fingers crossed. I used BAS's recommended cloning method (cut clones, placed them in a solution of K silicate, fulvic and aloe for an hour or two, soaked rapid rooters in the same solution, placed them in a dome and foliared with the same solution). Been keeping it pretty humid in there and they all still look green, so.... That was four days ago, gonna start checking for roots in probably three or four days.

IMG 2304

Minitiger

Minitiger

Btw, @Welshwizzard Check out the "Survivor Pheno" Tree of Life haha. Still got a lighter green color than the other TL's, but that shit really caught up and is doing well. Maybe the key to growing the TL's is to abuse the shit out of them haha!

Minitiger

Minitiger

Also @Ecompost when you asked if I was using too much sugars, what exactly constitutes too much sugars (or sugars at all)? I honestly really only use straight RO water. I've given them one ACT pretty early on and also a SST with a little fulvic and K silicate. But that's very, very sporadically. Only one time, actually. I don't really add much of anything, just trying to keep it straight water and that's it. Oh, and I've used all three packs of OG Biowar when I transplanted from their starters to the half gallons and again when I transplanted to their final containers. Also added about an eighth of a cup of kelp globally when I put them in their homes. Also one foliar of TM7 a couple weeks back. But that's it.

Thanks for chiming in, btw. I dig the posts I've seen of yours here at the farm. For the most part haha!

Ecompost

Ecompost

Also @Ecompost when you asked if I was using too much sugars, what exactly constitutes too much sugars (or sugars at all)? I honestly really only use straight RO water. I've given them one ACT pretty early on and also a SST with a little fulvic and K silicate. But that's very, very sporadically. Only one time, actually. I don't really add much of anything, just trying to keep it straight water and that's it. Oh, and I've used all three packs of OG Biowar when I transplanted from their starters to the half gallons and again when I transplanted to their final containers. Also added about an eighth of a cup of kelp globally when I put them in their homes. Also one foliar of TM7 a couple weeks back. But that's it.

Thanks for chiming in, btw. I dig the posts I've seen of yours here at the farm. For the most part haha!
:-) anything that pushes up above 17:1 C/N would fundamentally not then be available to the plant. Carbons is more the part I mean opposed sugars as a term, carbohydrates, BSM these kind of inputs.
Sometimes the microbes can immobilise our elements or if inputs drop below a ratio of 10:1 you might get the same slow down.
The ToL is a big girl so may be just needs an extra few ppms, since you arent really using a carb in sugar form, not sure whats coots mix is from memory but i know the dude, so he's a big name in organics and certainly in soils and superfication of them via additional organics. And he rolls with Wilson another legend.

If the media is in range temp and moisture too, then it might just be that you have a genetic freak that grew funny bro, that happens, taking cuttings can sometimes help the plant resonate with you and your environment so this is good practice. No one grows a plant first time do they? Dont they just get an idea, then the second time the adds, before the third time doing it for real ;-)

Ecompost

Ecompost

added to this, if you top dress and then add in top drench, you might find the residue and input get a bit tied, I find a bottom feed or injection works well, esp with N and P.
Since you have a mix, can you share it this way we can view the CN and NPK relative to biology ?

Top Bottom