Bodhi Tree Of Life, Larry Lotus And Sunshine Daydream

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

added to this, if you top dress and then add in top drench, you might find the residue and input get a bit tied, I find a bottom feed or injection works well, esp with N and P.
Since you have a mix, can you share it this way we can view the CN and NPK relative to biology ?

Sweet, thanks for the reply. First I'll address my mix.

Equal parts peat moss, pumice and humus. For this run, I used a 50/50 ratio of Agrowin EWC and Bu's blend biodynamic compost for the humus third of the mix. To that I added (per cubic foot) a half cup each of Acadian kelp meal, crustacean meal, a quarter cup each of neem meal and karanja, two cups basalt, one cup gypsum and one cup oyster flour. That mix actually sat for about four months (thought I was gonna need it a lot sooner than I did), but I did, of course, keep it moist the whole time and added a few ACT's while it was sitting there, just to, you know, keep the micro life thriving or whatever. And I turned it every now and then, too, of course.

So that's the mix. Eager to hear what you think of that, but it seems to be the standard "organic soil mix." Worked well for me last time, although last time I skipped the karanja and just used a half cup of neem and I also only used the Agrowin EWC for the humus. But I've read shitloads of good things about the Bu's and they have it at the landscaping place where I get my EWC, so I figured I'd pick up a bag of that when I went to get my EWC.

Questions: one, what's BSM?

Two, the ToL's are definitely big girls and obviously leaning very Sativa. It's my understanding that most Sativa-heavy plants actually tend to like fewer inputs rather than more. Are you mentioning the higher ppms because you've grown this strain? Or are you just judging from the pics I posted? Just curious. I'm DYING for somebody who has any experience with that particular strain to chime in, just because there's fucking ZERO information about it online. It does seem like a finicky plant.

Three, what do you mean by "an injection"? Bottom feeding I get and I may try that soon. But I don't know what an injection is. Also gotta say that, since I'm getting ready to flower, I'm a little reluctant to add any nitrogen to the plants, although probably all of these strains are gonna take ten weeks or more (maybe the SSDD's won't take that long) so maybe I should. What source of nitrogen would you use? Also gotta mention that I was considering topdressing with a very small amount of fish bone meal and gypsum once I bloom, possibly another EWC top dress as well, along with the aforementioned ACT drench. Wadda ya think?

Totally agree with you about not really "growing" the plant until the second or third run. My last grow (Apollo 11, Goldstar and Prayer Tower) which I did not take clones from turned out pretty good, but the yields weren't what I was hoping for. I'm certain I could've gotten more out of them. Smoke was great, but there were definitely things I would've done differently if I was running them again. Really, really glad I decided to clone these current plants.

Anyway, yeah, thanks so much for chaiming in!

Ecompost

Ecompost

Sweet, thanks for the reply. First I'll address my mix.

Equal parts peat moss, pumice and humus. For this run, I used a 50/50 ratio of Agrowin EWC and Bu's blend biodynamic compost for the humus third of the mix. To that I added (per cubic foot) a half cup each of Acadian kelp meal, crustacean meal, a quarter cup each of neem meal and karanja, two cups basalt, one cup gypsum and one cup oyster flour. That mix actually sat for about four months (thought I was gonna need it a lot sooner than I did), but I did, of course, keep it moist the whole time and added a few ACT's while it was sitting there, just to, you know, keep the micro life thriving or whatever. And I turned it every now and then, too, of course.

So that's the mix. Eager to hear what you think of that, but it seems to be the standard "organic soil mix." Worked well for me last time, although last time I skipped the karanja and just used a half cup of neem and I also only used the Agrowin EWC for the humus. But I've read shitloads of good things about the Bu's and they have it at the landscaping place where I get my EWC, so I figured I'd pick up a bag of that when I went to get my EWC.

Questions: one, what's BSM?

Two, the ToL's are definitely big girls and obviously leaning very Sativa. It's my understanding that most Sativa-heavy plants actually tend to like fewer inputs rather than more. Are you mentioning the higher ppms because you've grown this strain? Or are you just judging from the pics I posted? Just curious. I'm DYING for somebody who has any experience with that particular strain to chime in, just because there's fucking ZERO information about it online. It does seem like a finicky plant.

Three, what do you mean by "an injection"? Bottom feeding I get and I may try that soon. But I don't know what an injection is. Also gotta say that, since I'm getting ready to flower, I'm a little reluctant to add any nitrogen to the plants, although probably all of these strains are gonna take ten weeks or more (maybe the SSDD's won't take that long) so maybe I should. What source of nitrogen would you use? Also gotta mention that I was considering topdressing with a very small amount of fish bone meal and gypsum once I bloom, possibly another EWC top dress as well, along with the aforementioned ACT drench. Wadda ya think?

Totally agree with you about not really "growing" the plant until the second or third run. My last grow (Apollo 11, Goldstar and Prayer Tower) which I did not take clones from turned out pretty good, but the yields weren't what I was hoping for. I'm certain I could've gotten more out of them. Smoke was great, but there were definitely things I would've done differently if I was running them again. Really, really glad I decided to clone these current plants.

Anyway, yeah, thanks so much for chaiming in!
since you've done the decent thing and cooked out the mix, I think thats a good start, i will run some of the inputs through the database and get a full CN, plus the NPK. I know most pot likes about 200-250 PPMS N to grow well, at the start the preference i find leans to NH4+ where later more NO3- seems to get chewed up.
But the ideal is 1:1

The CN for seaweed is about 19:1 and 1.9% N, effectiveness 4-6months and blood meal about 3:1 and 10-14% N 6-8 weeks, Neem and Karanja are about the same 18:1 and 4% N 1-4months
EWC 13:1 and 1.5%N, Basalt, rock dust et all are way long term no N about 5 years plus to mineralise
Not sure about Oyster shells, i think these would be best used as a prep for Calphos?? It will be slow release like crab shells etc.

General rules the C:N ratio increases, the speed at which nitrogen (N) is mineralized slows. If the C:N ratio is too high, the material will actually take available nitrogen away from crops. Materials with C:N ratios below 10:1 release N relatively fast; between 10 and 20:1, N release is gradual; between 20 and 30:1, there is very slow N mineralization; and above 40:1, available N may be temporarily immobilized. Soil temperature plays an important role in N mineralization rate. For every 10o C rise in soil temperature, N mineralization rate doubles (0 mineralization at 0o C).

BSM Black Strap Molasses

Injection means simply adding nutrients in to the profile, not drenched and soaked through, but spiked in at depth.
i grew ToL mate, I ran it at 250ppms constant nearly, I backed off last 2 weeks, the plant yellowed out in about 5 days of stopping N feeds. I think she is an N hog.

You are in organics chap, so dont worry so much about levels of N you run in, its based on what the plant needs versus whats in the mix ready now or at any time versus the needs of the Biology. its not ionic till its mineralised. You still need process N in bloom imo to maintain sugar transcriptions and so on, may be run NH4+, B12 and CoBalt instead of pure NO3-/NH4+ you might find in standard base grow or bloom

Minitiger

Minitiger

since you've done the decent thing and cooked out the mix, I think thats a good start, i will run some of the inputs through the database and get a full CN, plus the NPK. I know most pot likes about 200-250 PPMS N to grow well, at the start the preference i find leans to NH4+ where later more NO3- seems to get chewed up.
But the ideal is 1:1

The CN for seaweed is about 19:1 and 1.9% N, effectiveness 4-6months and blood meal about 3:1 and 10-14% N 6-8 weeks, Neem and Karanja are about the same 18:1 and 4% N 1-4months
EWC 13:1 and 1.5%N, Basalt, rock dust et all are way long term no N about 5 years plus to mineralise
Not sure about Oyster shells, i think these would be best used as a prep for Calphos?? It will be slow release like crab shells etc.

General rules the C:N ratio increases, the speed at which nitrogen (N) is mineralized slows. If the C:N ratio is too high, the material will actually take available nitrogen away from crops. Materials with C:N ratios below 10:1 release N relatively fast; between 10 and 20:1, N release is gradual; between 20 and 30:1, there is very slow N mineralization; and above 40:1, available N may be temporarily immobilized. Soil temperature plays an important role in N mineralization rate. For every 10o C rise in soil temperature, N mineralization rate doubles (0 mineralization at 0o C).

BSM Black Strap Molasses

Injection means simply adding nutrients in to the profile, not drenched and soaked through, but spiked in at depth.
i grew ToL mate, I ran it at 250ppms constant nearly, I backed off last 2 weeks, the plant yellowed out in about 5 days of stopping N feeds. I think she is an N hog.

You are in organics chap, so dont worry so much about levels of N you run in, its based on what the plant needs versus whats in the mix ready now or at any time versus the needs of the Biology. its not ionic till its mineralised. You still need process N in bloom imo to maintain sugar transcriptions and so on, may be run NH4+, B12 and CoBalt instead of pure NO3-/NH4+ you might find in standard base grow or bloom

Okay, thanks. Those first three paragraphs were completely over my head, btw haha.

Meant to say that my ACT will be EWC/blacks strap/fish and kelp hydolysate, not EWC and humus.

So you've run ToL? What were your impressions of it? Growth-wise and smoke-wise? Keeper? Got any pics or maybe even a log of it somewhere? How long did yours take? Did they stretch big-time? Cuz I have a feeling these are maybe gonna get too big for my tent. One of the reasons I'm growing it (besides it sounding like a pretty sweet cross) is simply BECAUSE there's no info on it anywhere. I figure somebody's gotta do it, ya know?

By the way, did you notice that close-up of that one TL leaf I posted? The one with the weird, like, brown-ish/yellow-ish stripes? Any idea what that might be? It's only on some of the lower fan leaves, all of the new growth looks fine, so I figure it's possibly from the SST/aloe/fulvic that I watered them with about thirty days into veg. But I dunno. Obviously.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Also @Ecompost I just re-read your last post and noticed that you mentioned how seaweed, blood meal (which I don't use), neem etc have an effectiveness of four to six months. Do you think the fact that I let this soil mix sit for about four months before using it might be the culprit? And I use the word "culprit" loosely, because there really doesn't seem to be anything "wrong" with my plants, with the exception of a couple of those Tree of Lifes. But did you mean that once you actually start growing in the soil the inputs have 4-6 months of effectiveness? Or did you mean from the time the soil is initially mixed together?

@Seamaiden Where you at? Because I KNOW you have something to say about this haha.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I inadvertently said that I removed one of the SSDD's from the tent a few days ago. Meant to say one of the Tree of Lifes. This is why you shouldn't be fucking around with your grow when your lit haha. Anyway, yeah, I took one of the TL's outside a few days ago, here's a couple pics. Kind of wishing I hadn't taken it out, since the TL's are the ones I'm most interested in this grow.

IMG 2308

IMG 2307

And just for comparison's sake, here it is next to the male Larry Lotus I've had outside for a few days:
IMG 2311

Ecompost

Ecompost

Also @Ecompost I just re-read your last post and noticed that you mentioned how seaweed, blood meal (which I don't use), neem etc have an effectiveness of four to six months. Do you think the fact that I let this soil mix sit for about four months before using it might be the culprit? And I use the word "culprit" loosely, because there really doesn't seem to be anything "wrong" with my plants, with the exception of a couple of those Tree of Lifes. But did you mean that once you actually start growing in the soil the inputs have 4-6 months of effectiveness? Or did you mean from the time the soil is initially mixed together?

@Seamaiden Where you at? Because I KNOW you have something to say about this haha.
typically the microbes will store the organics as IONs bro. The fungus will need a plant ideally but the bacteria can rock without so mineralise matter plant or no plant. It is likely you have lots of stored plant food in those microbes and so adding a protozoa tea might just release your work without the need for you to pump in direct feeds even with a hungry hippo like the ToL. Most of your plants will be catered i suspect and you've observed this anyways, the ToL's might just benefit from the addition of a Protozoa tea to complement the additional pull on N and or Mg for example.
The higher microbes will round up the mineral rich bacteria and chow down, releasing a soup of NPK and micros in to the root zone to be supped by your roots :-)

Ecompost

Ecompost

Okay, thanks. Those first three paragraphs were completely over my head, btw haha.

Meant to say that my ACT will be EWC/blacks strap/fish and kelp hydolysate, not EWC and humus.

So you've run ToL? What were your impressions of it? Growth-wise and smoke-wise? Keeper? Got any pics or maybe even a log of it somewhere? How long did yours take? Did they stretch big-time? Cuz I have a feeling these are maybe gonna get too big for my tent. One of the reasons I'm growing it (besides it sounding like a pretty sweet cross) is simply BECAUSE there's no info on it anywhere. I figure somebody's gotta do it, ya know?

By the way, did you notice that close-up of that one TL leaf I posted? The one with the weird, like, brown-ish/yellow-ish stripes? Any idea what that might be? It's only on some of the lower fan leaves, all of the new growth looks fine, so I figure it's possibly from the SST/aloe/fulvic that I watered them with about thirty days into veg. But I dunno. Obviously.
Smokewise it was lovely mate, we found a nice pheno everyone loves, its greasy, sweet but spicy and hella strong. I will try to find a pic and post it here buddy. All the phenos we grew where tall and all very frosty and oily.
yeah might be a temp N thing with the Organics you pumped in, might just have lost N for a day before it righted itself, so it nicked some power from an old leaf. Most times its N and Mg I find in high light set ups. The outdoor one look great buddy. Nice shape and got good colour.
You know I like it more when its organics. :)

Minitiger

Minitiger

Smokewise it was lovely mate, we found a nice pheno everyone loves, its greasy, sweet but spicy and hella strong. I will try to find a pic and post it here buddy. All the phenos we grew where tall and all very frosty and oily.
yeah might be a temp N thing with the Organics you pumped in, might just have lost N for a day before it righted itself, so it nicked some power from an old leaf. Most times its N and Mg I find in high light set ups. The outdoor one look great buddy. Nice shape and got good colour.
You know I like it more when its organics. :)

Okay. I agree with everything you said hahaha!!! I really do feel like a simple ACT is all the plants are asking for. Everything's in the dirt, I just feel like I need one more tea to get shit activated or whatever again. I will say that I noticed a nice little "santa's beard" fungal colony or however you wanna put it right underneath the mulch on pretty much all of the plants when I watered two nights ago. Gonna get in there after I shower tonight and check shit out, but yeah, I'm feeling pretty good about things as I head into bloom (which will probably be in three or four days).

Any thoughts on a small top dress of fish bone and gypsum, coupled with an ACT? The ACT is gonna happen regardless, but I do wonder about the fish bone/gypsum top dress. Last run I had a Mg deficiency and the TL that I put outdoors is also starting to show sign of Mg deficiency, too. Some of the plants indoors are showing the slightest signs of P deficiency or maybe some sort of lockout? Crinkled leaves etc etc. To be honest, I think that I may be having ph issues with my water. Haven't ever even checked my ph but yeah, if there's a problem (and I don't really think there's a problem per se, so much as I'm just being lazy and OCD), I have to assume that it's my water. I do think that my soil mix is all good. But maybe my water is a little "off."

Whatever. Good vibes. I'm gonna fucking KILL this grow. Got a really good feeling about it. But I hope you follow along, cuz any input is very much appreciated. Also, I'm hella lit and very tired right now haha, still gotta take a shower and then get in there and water, so if some of what I said seems, uh, incoherent, it's just cuz I'm a little incoherent right now haha.

And post them TL pics, dude! I wanna check those out. Spicy and sweet is kinda exactly what I'm hoping for with these TL's.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Yep. I'm fucked haha. Day 1 of 12/12 today, the smallest plant (Larry Lotus 5) is 19" tall. Every other plant is between 21" and 23". I expect the Tree of Life's to stretch at least 2.5 times, so I'm probably gonna end up with like six foot trees. But hopefully not. Maybe the Apache and the five days or so of 14/10 will reduce the stretch somewhat, same as last time. But yeah, these are all waaaayyyyy bigger than my last run at the time of flip. Seems like they really shot up when I switched to 14/10, way quicker than I thought they would.

Anyway....
IMG 2314

There's too many plants in there right now if they get as big as I think they're gonna get. Still waiting on the clones to sprout roots (it's been seven days, I think). I moved the cloning tray into a different tent tonight with much lower lighting, hopefully that'll help. The clones still look really green and healthy, but they haven't sprouted even one root yet. Whatever starts rooting first, I'm gonna take the mother of those clones out of the flower tent and wait until next run. Because, like I said, they're just too goddamn big.

Or I dunno, maybe I'll give the seed plants a few weeks and see just how much they stretch. We'll see...

Ecompost

Ecompost

Okay. I agree with everything you said hahaha!!! I really do feel like a simple ACT is all the plants are asking for. Everything's in the dirt, I just feel like I need one more tea to get shit activated or whatever again. I will say that I noticed a nice little "santa's beard" fungal colony or however you wanna put it right underneath the mulch on pretty much all of the plants when I watered two nights ago. Gonna get in there after I shower tonight and check shit out, but yeah, I'm feeling pretty good about things as I head into bloom (which will probably be in three or four days).

Any thoughts on a small top dress of fish bone and gypsum, coupled with an ACT? The ACT is gonna happen regardless, but I do wonder about the fish bone/gypsum top dress. Last run I had a Mg deficiency and the TL that I put outdoors is also starting to show sign of Mg deficiency, too. Some of the plants indoors are showing the slightest signs of P deficiency or maybe some sort of lockout? Crinkled leaves etc etc. To be honest, I think that I may be having ph issues with my water. Haven't ever even checked my ph but yeah, if there's a problem (and I don't really think there's a problem per se, so much as I'm just being lazy and OCD), I have to assume that it's my water. I do think that my soil mix is all good. But maybe my water is a little "off."

Whatever. Good vibes. I'm gonna fucking KILL this grow. Got a really good feeling about it. But I hope you follow along, cuz any input is very much appreciated. Also, I'm hella lit and very tired right now haha, still gotta take a shower and then get in there and water, so if some of what I said seems, uh, incoherent, it's just cuz I'm a little incoherent right now haha.

And post them TL pics, dude! I wanna check those out. Spicy and sweet is kinda exactly what I'm hoping for with these TL's.
LOL you are smashing it bro, no dramas, not many perfect plants ever in the world bro so I wouldnt worry about the odd ugly chick in the yard....you got a scope? Buy a microscope bro, its the only way to know if the life is right before you add
The other option is cell tissue sampling LOL

So the tall one at the back, a closer shot

20150706 002209
20150630 235925
Minitiger

Minitiger

LOL you are smashing it bro, no dramas, not many perfect plants ever in the world bro so I wouldnt worry about the odd ugly chick in the yard....you got a scope? Buy a microscope bro, its the only way to know if the life is right before you add
The other option is cell tissue sampling LOL

So the tall one at the back, a closer shot

Shit..... Yeah, I have a feeling at least one of mine is gonna get that big. And maybe all of them. Do you remember offhand how tall that one was when you started flower?

Looks real good though. At least I have some idea of what to look forward to now....

Minitiger

Minitiger

While I was watering last night, I noticed that the SSDD 5 was throwing male pre-flowers (or I guess just straight "flowers" since I switched to 12/12 a few days ago). I guess my ability to judge male/female is lacking haha. Anyway, I'm kind of glad this one turned out male. The internodes are extremely wide. It's a beefy plant, no doubt, but I'm not sure I would've wanted it in the garden regardless, just because of the six inches between each node haha. And in case y'all can't tell, the SSDD is about two and a half feet tall. That's a three gallon smart pot, if that helps as a point of reference.
IMG 2315

Bottom pic, from left to right: Larry Lotus, Tree of Life and SSDD, all males.

IMG 2319

Gonna top-dress with a little fish bone and gypsum tomorrow night, along with the final ACT drench. If anyone has any thoughts about this (yeah, I'm looking at you @Ecompost haha), feel free to chime in. After the dress and ACT, it'll be straight water, unless I feel like something else needs to be done.

I hope nothing else needs to be done hahaha!!

I'll take individual plant pics tomorrow when I water, but things are looking real good indoors.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Down to five plants. Shit just got too chaotic in there, so I moved the rest out and kept these five:

Tree of Life #6, the "survivor pheno":
IMG 2320

Larry Lotus #3:
IMG 2324

IMG 2325

SSDD#2:
IMG 2327

IMG 2330

Larry Lotus #5:
IMG 2331

IMG 2335

Tree of Life #4:
IMG 2338

IMG 2339

Top-dressed with a little bit of fish bone meal and gypsum a few nights ago, finally got around to brewing the final ACT earlier today. Gonna water all the plants with that tomorrow night. All of these plants have stretched considerably in less than a week. The TL's and the lone SSDD in particular have stretched almost a foot in five or six days, as did the Larry Lotus #3. The LL #5 has only stretched about seven inches, which is fine by me.

Anyway, yeah, shit's coming along..... I feel like the internode spacing on all of these plants, including the ones I removed, are very wide, with the exception of that Larry Lotus #5. All of the others seem to have very wide gaps between nodes, like six inches or more. Not sure what that's about. I definitely don't have my light too far, I don't think. But yeah, it does seem like maybe they're not quite as bushy as I'd like. Whatever. We'll see how they turn out in about nine weeks.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, new pics. This is I think exactly two weeks into 12/12 today. I'm actually considering switching to an 11:45/12:15 schedule, just to get them to stop fucking stretching. Cuz I'm getting the feeling that all of them (especially the Tree Of Lifes) might keep going on for a while. Most of these have been growing an inch or so a day. Not complaining, just sayin'.... Also, I apologize for the quality of these pics. Tomorrow's my first day off in nine days, just wanted to get in there, water, take a few pics and get into bed.... Gotta go back to work on Wednesday, but then I have three days off. Woo. Fucking. Hoo!!!!

Anyway.

Larry Lotus #3. This is the much more "stretchy" one. Saturday, May 28, it was 29 inches. Today it's 38 inches.

IMG 2341

IMG 2343

ToL #6. Saturday, May 28, it was 31". Today it's 38". So maybe they're slowing down a bit, but they're still getting a little too big for my liking.
IMG 2346

IMG 2347

IMG 2350

SSDD#2. This one stretched much, much more than I thought it would. Also, it looks to have very flimsy branches. They're all gonna have to be staked, but this one in particular is gonna need some serious staking and shit. Saturday, May 28 it was 30", today it's 36". Hopefully it's nearing the end of all that.

IMG 2356

IMG 2357

IMG 2358

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

Larry Lotus #5. This is the squatter, less stretchy pheno. I like this one. I mean, I like all of them haha, but this one seems more manageable. It's obviously gonna be the fastest finisher, too. I think. Flower development on this one has been much quicker. Saturday, May 28 it was 24", today it's only 29". Thanks gawd haha. Got it propped up on a two gallon pot just to try and keep the canopy as even as possible.

IMG 2360

IMG 2361

IMG 2366

ToL #4. Saturday, May 28, it was 33", today it's 40".
IMG 2368

IMG 2370

IMG 2374

That black bucket in the background is a five gallon bucket, just as a frame of reference.

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

The Tree of Lifes especially seem ridiculously branchy. I know shit's gonna get pretty unruly in there, staking etc etc. I can see the potential in these plants, but I'd like to run them again with a better plan in place. SCROG seems like would benefit these strains a lot, especially the ToL's. Regardless, they're all gonna need some kind of support. I need to do that asap. And I will. But not as asap as is, uh, possible haha! Probably get around to that on Thursday or Friday. I have three days off starting Thursday. Can't Fucking. Wait.

I really do think the Tree of Lifes have potential. I mean, at least for a Satty-Head like me hahaha....

Minitiger

Minitiger

Awesome!

Nice structure on everything. The tlo's should be pretty big by the end. Lookin good my man!

Thanks! I wish I could take credit for the structure haha, but that's all in the genetics. I do think the Tree of Lifes are gonna stretch for a little while longer. I was looking at the menu of a clone place up north, not because I was thinking of getting some clones (never! Haha) but because they had very detailed descriptions of all of their strains. What can I say? I'm a fucking weed nerd haha. Anyway, some of their strains they said would stretch for four weeks, which made me start thinking,"Shit, if my ToL's keep stretching that long, I'm fucked...." I try to keep my light about two feet above the tops, which means I have about a foot left before I have to start tying shit down and whatever. I'll probably tie some of the plants down anyway, just because that one Larry Lotus is so much smaller than the others. If the stretch stops soon, then I'll just leave it on top of the two gallon bucket and call it a day, but if the ToL's keep stretching like I think they will, I dunno..... I'm gonna have to do something.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Thanks! I wish I could take credit for the structure haha, but that's all in the genetics. I do think the Tree of Lifes are gonna stretch for a little while longer. I was looking at the menu of a clone place up north, not because I was thinking of getting some clones (never! Haha) but because they had very detailed descriptions of all of their strains. What can I say? I'm a fucking weed nerd haha. Anyway, some of their strains they said would stretch for four weeks, which made me start thinking,"Shit, if my ToL's keep stretching that long, I'm fucked...." I try to keep my light about two feet above the tops, which means I have about a foot left before I have to start tying shit down and whatever. I'll probably tie some of the plants down anyway, just because that one Larry Lotus is so much smaller than the others. If the stretch stops soon, then I'll just leave it on top of the two gallon bucket and call it a day, but if the ToL's keep stretching like I think they will, I dunno..... I'm gonna have to do something.

I'd tie em down. Those are pretty big I'd expect them to stretch a lot, or gonna have huge difference between the tlo's and Larry lotus. Gonna be easier to tie them down now rather than later. My 2 cents...

Minitiger

Minitiger

I'd tie em down. Those are pretty big I'd expect them to stretch a lot, or gonna have huge difference between the tlo's and Larry lotus. Gonna be easier to tie them down now rather than later. My 2 cents...

I agree. And I'm gonna do that as soon as I don't feel like just having a few beers after work and going to bed. No lie, work's been a real bitch lately, a couple people went on vacation and then a couple people quit at the same time. Been working every fucking day lately, I'm fucking over everything right now hahahahaha!

But that's what's weird (or surprising, whatever) about both the lone SSDD and the one Larry. They're stretching just as much as the ToL's. Only the small Larry has stayed, um, small haha. I anticipated the Tree's stretching a decent amount, but I did not expect the Larry or the SSDD to stretch that much.

Whatever. I'm having fun haha. I'll tie them down in the next few days fo sho.

Your grow's looking real good, btw. Sucks about the herms, but I guess shit happens.... I woulda thought that the Chem pheno of that Sugardawg or whatever it's called would have yielded better, just cuz of those big-ass fan leaves and shit. But whatever. Keep us updated!

Last edited:
Top Bottom