Bogus Monkey's Puzzle Basement and Ramblings

• Thread starter Bogus_Monkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pawhuska

pawhuska

What are these and what do I need to be doing. I'll start with that and their really bad and sort of all the sudden, then background and other stuff. I'll try and make this continuous that way I'm not clogging up your website with doo doo.
try and mist them with rubbing alcohol it evaporates quickly and wont harm the plant you can also use peroxide as a pest control

F

frogyrogy

Looks like aphids . . . or their cast off exoskeleton, those things molt like four times before they mature and leave white specks up to those ant-like shells. Neem oil or captain Jack's . . . I've always been told neem oil is pre-flower only. As always, do your homework before spraying any chemical

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

Looks like aphids . . . or their cast off exoskeleton, those things molt like four times before they mature and leave white specks up to those ant-like shells. Neem oil or captain Jack's . . . I've always been told neem oil is pre-flower only. As always, do your homework before spraying any chemical
Just now starting to show. What now if neem oil is pre flower. The other pictures of the tops I posted were from last night. I'd say they are just barley showing. If you would check them out and let me know if neem oil is too late a fix. Lights come back on shortly and I do have time to run somewhere to find it. I google now.

F

frogyrogy

I've never used an insecticide in flower and wouldn't advise anyone to do so.

That being said, I have been told that neem oil can be used up to 3-4 weeks before harvest with no ill effects; I have also been told that if you use it after a plant has started stacking buds/pistils the end result will taste horrible.

The only time I've seen aphids like this was last year in a neighbor's grow . . . he used Azamax right at 3 weeks before harvest with no noticeable ill effects. If I am looking at the right pics you are still in veg/trans so I see no reason they couldn't be treated.

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

Wedding cake is first. The root is solid as a rock, I thought it was just twisted strands wrapped around each other.- - Picture of whole reservoir. - Cinderella 99 - - and GG4. - - 14 days of 12/12. By the end of this week smell will become an issue. Again, I am seeing this to the end and I also can't wait to tear this down and fix a few things. Shooting pictures with a phone with a led cover for glasses over it.

Wed CakeJul 18
WedCakeJul18
ResivJul18
Cindy99 Jul18
GG4 Jul 18
Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

Took everything out and cleaned cleaned cleaned. Put everything back together. This time I only used 20 gallons in the tank. That lowered the level quite a bit. Turned bubbler up a bit. Long ways to go. I can't get over and have never seen a main stem root shoot out like the one on the wedding cake and it is solid as a rock. Not positive Emerald Harvest is my best choice but last time I was up and running it was yellow bottles.

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

I am thinking I am doing something wrong. Emerald Harvest nutrients. I have virtually No Smell, basically none. I am not sure why. I have been googling terpenes and every time I think I am gaining information it always ends with another sales pitch as to why I should switch to this or that product. I am going to take a couple hours tomorrow and comb through here in search of an answer to increasing terpenes. My internode length is fine and my trichome count so far seems off the charts for just starting out. Lighting Issue or Nutrients. Running 2 Viparspectra adjustable 1400's and 2 exlenvce 1500's. - I bought these about a year before I took them out of the box. I know now from here that there are better lighting choices. I do still have my old HID sets but they have not been powered up in 8 years at least. Besides I don't think my space will handle that much extra heat. What is everyone's thoughts on making more smell? I am not against ordering new lights. However there is a huge, no holds barred, teardown and rebuild coming once this first batch is finished and I would like to make all my major changes at that time.

Last edited:
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So much going on man. I would say you have two issues. One up top with bugs, and one below in your root mass.

I watched your one root system go from being tied in a knot, to creating basically another stalk under your lid lol...

Anyways, imma focus on ur brown roots. Your white roots look perfect, all your roots should look like that. Have you touched them, are they slimey? It looks like they need a good massage, lots of hydroguard, and another good massage.

Whatever microb are you running, I'd add more lol..

So what are your ppms? What is your water Temps? What is your room Temps? Are you running a chiller? How far from your netpot is your water level?

If all this info is here Mb, Ive been skimming this for a few weeks.

I think if you got ur root system on par, you would have far less issues up top, at least these guys advice will work, yet with root rot, their advice on bugs won't matter.

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

I lowered the level of my reservoir maybe 5 days back about 8 inches. I went from 45 gallons down to 25 gallons and that helped a bunch. Plants are taking up water and leaving some nutrients. My PPM started around 1100 and made it up to 1800 (increased) as the level was quickly taken in. Solution temp is running between 21 and 23 C. Maintaining PH at 5.8. My room temp is a basic constant 68F and I am taking about a 5 gallon bucket of water out of the air every day and a half. I am purchasing a quality digital hygrometer and temp set up tomorrow. No Chiller as at this moment I have all LEDS. I actually have a fish tank heater inside the reservoir but I don't think it is necessary yet. I am greatly troubled by the smell at this point and did a lot of research the last 24 on light spectrum. I know my Vipraspectra's could be better but there are journals out there where they were used. From what I can tell my "Exlenvce 1500's appear to be some cheap amazon crap and there is not a lot I have found on those producing anything good but what looks like some paid feedback. I am going to seriously consider Ceramic HID's maybe two 325's and get rid of the exlenvce crap. I will reposition my vipra spectra's along the sides. I will be studying up on raising terpenes as it relates to temp and humidity next. I did do a little research on the VS's before I purchased. I never heard of the others before. Anyone's and everyone's thoughts on terp increases???? Links here on this site???? . I have no smell... Yet.

Jul26a
Jul26b
Jul26c
Jul26d
Jul26e
Jul26f
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I'm going to assume your high air ration in the res, creating lots of bubbles under the suspended perfect white root mass? If so my Dwc did the same, perfect white above water level. Yet for you it seems as if any root mass that's under water gets brown. You didn't mention if the roots were slimy or not, I'm talking the darker color section. For me, even a Sq inch of root rot caused noticeable problems. What microbes are you using since your not sterile with chiller?

Step one control root rot with microbes, hydroguard to be specific, double dose until they are not slimey.

Step one also, lower ppms drastically. Your plants are not light green really they look heavy with nitrogen to me,very dark green. That combined with the root rot would cause other leaves to be brown and dying from lack of nutrients.

So root rot and lower your ppms. You won't have any issues, not one, if your ppm slowly drops over a few days. You would much rather have it lower 200 points VS raise 200. Slower growth VS problems is all it is. The happy medium will only come with a very larger res side.

Id also raise the water level a bit so the plants do not rely on the fog.

Ideal photosynthesis takes place at 76f btw, I'd also turn my room temp up.

Whats your lux reading, you can push them once you get these issues lined out.. I'm off to bed now.. Laters

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

I will check if the lower part of the root is slimy and turn my wall unit up a few degrees. I am headed to the hydro store tomorrow and will inquire about hydroguard. The only microbes would have been in the kit from emerald harvest, I will find out and also keep my ppm down. I filled the reservoir since the last post about 6 inches straight water and it lowered my ppm back down to 1100. Made sure PH stayed at 5.8. - I will research lux and get that answer. Thanks for your help.

JustGrowWithIt

JustGrowWithIt

I been growing since 1984. Mostly outdoors. Last time I hydro'ed was about 8 years ago. I had a NFT set up with PVC pipe recirculating and I was using clones of Blackberry and AK47. Ran clone to Harvest in about 90 days. Was making about an once and a half per plant X 30. Had many good years and bad years outdoors over the course of my 54 years of walking the planet. All recreational. Even had a bust back in 97, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
How did you get busted?

Top Bottom