Bubba Kush grow tips please...

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

S4v

koopa, blanco doesn't look like Bubba in veg. Leaves don't look the same, node spacing is different, etc. totally different plant:character0027:

smokedherb

smokedherb

Nope not Blanco.Sorry Koopa.It doesn't look the same and there is no coffe taste in blanco.Bubba and Blanco is not the same thing.I have both and have grown both side by side numerous times so I know what I'm talking about.

JH420

JH420

Here are some pics...I have a few that have been extremely nitrogen hungry and deficiant...a few that are on the verge of being overfed with N (dark green leaves and downward pointed tips)...and a few that look perfect, even though all are on the same feeding scedule. Probably gonna kill off the nitro deficiant ones and start making clones within a week or so. Should I be transplanting these to larger pots now?

Trees 005
Trees 007
Trees 009
Trees 011
Trees 012
Trees 013
H

Highlem

JH420, don't worry! your plants look healthy specially in the last picture! I thing that you can transplant these to larger pots, but check your water's ph and after the water ph getting out the pots to see the soil ph...

JH420

JH420

Thanks Highlam...I have not been checking the runoff ph but will do so next watering.

JH420

JH420

Hey guys...3 or 5 gallon pots is the million dollar question at the moment?

Since people are saying the BK likes to grow out maybe I should be using 5 gallon pots??

I have 7'6" ceiling height, minus the fairly low profile adjust-a-wing reflector...to cover a 3' x 3' footprint which may get stretched out to 3' x 3'6". My original plan was to use 9 x 3 gallon pots (1 plant per sq ft) but now I'm second guessing myself. Or I could stick with the 3 gallon pots but not ram them against each other, give em a bit of space? If 5 gallons how many under a 600? TIA farmers.

K

koopa troopa

ya my bad i just heard blanco is a bubba s1, so that's why i asked.

JollyGreen

JollyGreen

I have some dry pics of the blanco kush that I will post when I get my computer back up. The blanco kush is some real dank! Even taken at day 50 it was some killa. I really loved her, too bad I lost her dew unfortunate circumstances. I only have one last nug of her that I have been saving for a rainy day. Hopefully she will make it back around here someday.

A

aeviaanah

im a bubba kush grower, just about to begin week 6. i have three plants flowering, two from clone and one had 60 days to veg. the vegged plant is grown with a scrog net. one (straight clone to flower) was an attempt at lollipopping, and one (straight clone to flower) is left to grow as she pleases, all under a 400 watt hps. she who grows as she wishes is fed organic nutrients, the other two are fed with GH nutrients. im here to tell what i have learned and also to learn from others about this strain.

5weeksflower1
4weeksflower4
T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
aeviaanah, welcome to the farm and nice plants..

L

livinglegend

i didn't read anyones post other than yours. but here my best advice.......
veg for 3 weeks. defienently TOP them. I would use 5 gals for best results also.
you mmmmight want to many babies to put in that space.

veg them for a couple days under the t5's but defienently give the a couple weeks under the HPS, thats where your gunna get your good plant structure.

for the record ive never done the pre98, but i been growing my bubba for years.....

L

livinglegend

looks like i was a little late on the response too. lol
update me, how many days veg are we at? etc. etc.....

A

aeviaanah

Hey guys...3 or 5 gallon pots is the million dollar question at the moment?

Since people are saying the BK likes to grow out maybe I should be using 5 gallon pots??

I have 7'6" ceiling height, minus the fairly low profile adjust-a-wing reflector...to cover a 3' x 3' footprint which may get stretched out to 3' x 3'6". My original plan was to use 9 x 3 gallon pots (1 plant per sq ft) but now I'm second guessing myself. Or I could stick with the 3 gallon pots but not ram them against each other, give em a bit of space? If 5 gallons how many under a 600? TIA farmers.

Tex, thanks man I'm glad to be here. What is your average yield per watt light? Upload some pics man!

Looks likes at about 3 weeks veg. I would go 5 gallon pots, have you looked into scrog? this is great for small grow spaces, i only have one plant that takes up 24" x 36" sits about 18" tall. I'm loving it. I still have to do some math to compare veg time to actual yield. I didnt top any of my plants, next grow i will be doing this for comparison. If you do top or pinch or lst properly bk will definately grow outwards. I like how tight the nodes stay together on this plant, not much stretching at all during veg, only a little first couple weeks of flower. 8- 8.5 week flower time i think.

6weeksflower1
6weeksflower2
6weeksflower3
A

aeviaanah

Ive just noticed some of the leaves are starting to show slight signs of purple, is this typical of this strain? also a new smell is coming off of them, its kinda like grape swisher sweets? this is not what i expected with this strain. i am feeding GH kool bloom which has high amounts of potash and phosphate, just started last week. possibly they are getting too much? is this a sign of over fertilizing? i will do some research, i am curious to here what others have to say about this. i got this clone from a los angeles dispensary...anyone else out receive this strain from this area?

A

aeviaanah

heres a picture im starting to think it may be a phosphorus deficiency. i hope its genetic tho. i will have to see what happens to my other plants being they arent as far along in flower as this one. what you think? temps are 84 day bout 78 night.

6weeksflower4
T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Killer pics and plant, bro! They are coming with it..

JH420

JH420

looks like i was a little late on the response too. lol
update me, how many days veg are we at? etc. etc.....

Not too late at all. I have 8 mother plants about 10 weeks old. I plan to pull some clones off this weekend. I have 600 watters covering a 3' x 4' footprint. I was thinking to do 9-12 plants in 3 gallon pots under each 600 (the ole 1 plant per sq ft)...not sure how many 5 gallon pots I can fit under a 600? What ever advise you can give is most welcome cuz I know you gots the bubba down. I'm also considering just putting the 8 plants I have into flower but they have not been topped or anything so probably a waste to flower them, yeild wise.

A

aeviaanah

3 gallon pots are good for short veg time imo. im pretty sure you plan to go 12/12 from clone, being the number of plants under a 3 x 4 grow space. i have two plants that i havent topped, they are doing better than the plants that i have messed with. Judging by looks, the plant forced straight 12/12 from clone will yield more per sq ft then the plant i used to scrog. basically, a large number of plants (SOG) will yield greater than a small number of scrog plants imo. Again, I have yet to weigh this harvest. BK definately grows robust nugs well when left alone.

JH420

JH420

Thanks for the 411 Aeviannah...really glad to hear that I won't have to top, since I'm new to this and wanna keep it simple as possible.

Top Bottom