Bubba Kush grow tips please...

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
right on! care to share any other information? lights, nutes....etc? here are a few nugs i just harvested...first is organic, second is GH line.
Sup aeviaanah and the rest of you THC Farmers! I've been veggin' a Bubba Kush and White Widow clone... haven't grown either before. They were rooted in rockwool and I'm trying my first attempt at growing them in soil (starting with Light Warrior and then I plan on mixing the LW with Happy Frog at transplant). Currently they're being fed with 700 PPM of Pure Blend Pro Grow, CalMag, Liquid Karma, and R/O water.

In the following picture, the Bubba is on the left and the White Widow is on the right. My plan is to clone each for my hydro setup (i've successfully grown two harvests in hydro). Also, I use GH Flora (Grow, Micro, & Bloom), CalMag, and Liquid Karma in my Hydro setup.

BTW, I'll add Hydroplex and Sweet by Botanicare during flowering to both the hydro and soil sections.

Any suggestions on when to clone and whether to top either? I realize this thread is about the Bubba, but if you have any quick advice on the White Widow, I'd really appreciate the feedback.

http://i769.invalid.com/albums/xx335/Shady-Sativa/Round%203/BubbaandWhite.jpg

P.S. These plants have been under CFL's for over 3 weeks and will be repotted and moved to my 600W HPS in a few days. :cool0044:

A

aeviaanah

i just weighed my harvest of one scrog plant. 121 grams. i did not top this plant....just trained her with the scrog. i have a few vegging bks that i have topped. when these are done i will know how bubba responds to topping. i heard lots of people say bubba kush should be topped. i have great results without topping tho. never grew white widow, smoked it tho...dank. btw, healthy looking plants and a clean setup.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
^^^ Thx bro, and congrats on the harvest!!!

The Joker

The Joker

if you do top do it early in veg, and every time you top you have let the plant take its 2-3 days to heal, thus longer veg. a plant van only produce so much thc....if you top hella times you are getting more yield but less thc per nug. good if you plan on selling, for a personal stash...i would only top once if that.

. Topping / or the number of colas reduces the amount of THC the plant produces? Sounds like a new cannabis myth. According to that illogic, there is a set amount of thc a plant produced so that more buds means less thc to divide among the buds.

Let's see the botanical science behind this statement. I've seen massive plants that were topped multiple times with no decrease in potency.

I've hacked Bubba (katsu cut) back with no reduction in potency.

A

aeviaanah

i shouldnt have posted that comment posed as a fact. it is a mere opinion of mine. i am trying the top method this time around to compare to.

The Joker

The Joker

You never know... but if you apply that logic to mother plants, then every time you take a cutting to run some clones for a grow, the mother loses it's ability to generate thc. There are many growers who have kept mothers for years without growing weaker and weaker cuts. Each cutting becomes a plant with the identical strength of the mother if grown right.

N

negative 1

good points here, i've definetly referred to this thread more than once!

JH420

JH420

Well since this thread got bumped...when I made this thread I had never flowered anything before, had no clue what I was doin...finally a few weeks back my bubba's hit the jars. Let me tell ya they are a dream to grow and to smoke...an indica lover's dream plant. Here are some shots from day 58 I'll post some dried nug shots later...

B1
B2
B4
B5
C

CAPO

Damn JH...........lookin like a pro to me!
Enjoy....................................................:bong-hits:

JH420

JH420

I can't recall exactly the veg time but say a few weeks under T5's after clones rooted then another few weeks under HPS so somewhere 6 - 8 weeks...they did not stretch hardly if anything at all. The yeild was surprisingly decent, better than advertised. Too bad I kept no clones or seeds, classic rookie mistake!

Thanks for the kind words Capo and Froggy :rasta2:

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

im a bubba kush grower, just about to begin week 6. i have three plants flowering, two from clone and one had 60 days to veg. the vegged plant is grown with a scrog net. one (straight clone to flower) was an attempt at lollipopping, and one (straight clone to flower) is left to grow as she pleases, all under a 400 watt hps. she who grows as she wishes is fed organic nutrients, the other two are fed with GH nutrients. im here to tell what i have learned and also to learn from others about this strain.

Hi, I have 3 Bubba Kush in 5 gal smartpots. they are at 10" tall. How tall do you veg them for before flipping them? thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Top Bottom