Bubba's Greenhouse

• Thread starter BubbaG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xavier7995

xavier7995

I personally am jealous of how much hair your dog has. Makes my bald head hang in shame.....lol.
Don't feel bad bud, work with a guy that went bald at 22 and now falls down to gout like 3 weeks a year. Poor mid 20's guy that my mid 30's self can run rings around.

homeslice loves his mt. dew, no wonder he also goes down to kidney stones.

BubbaG

BubbaG

The Gilz Nilz I have looks like a find maybe.... Georgia Pine x The White... She's gonna be a tall drink of water

Dabominable

Dabominable

I'm curious what sort of power (lights aside, and curtains aside if they are automated) to run everything else in the greenhouse? A monthly total average or a daily peak average would work. Wondering if i can get closer to a controlled climate GH in hawaii or if its a stupid idea (being the highest electricity rate in our state in the country), or if its more of a commerical application to be able to afford it. Anyway, let me know, killer greenhouse

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I'm curious what sort of power (lights aside, and curtains aside if they are automated) to run everything else in the greenhouse? A monthly total average or a daily peak average would work. Wondering if i can get closer to a controlled climate GH in hawaii or if its a stupid idea (being the highest electricity rate in our state in the country), or if its more of a commerical application to be able to afford it. Anyway, let me know, killer greenhouse
I have a ton of plants in two tents, mostly t5 but supplemented with 400mH and a 600 hps, no natural sunlight in my north-facing spot. I collect and share propogated succulent plants and cacti, some bonsai but mostly ugly, rare, and unusual caudiciforms.

Efficient Neighbors -420-ish
All Neighbors -625-ish
Me -2200-ish

cost: worth it.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Other than growing, I am really efficient and proud of it. Its pretty damn cold though.

Dabominable

Dabominable

I have a ton of plants in two tents, mostly t5 but supplemented with 400mH and a 600 hps, no natural sunlight in my north-facing spot. I collect and share propogated succulent plants and cacti, some bonsai but mostly ugly, rare, and unusual caudiciforms.

Efficient Neighbors -420-ish
All Neighbors -625-ish
Me -2200-ish

cost: worth it.
And is that your cost per month, or your usage per kw?

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

And is that your cost per month, or your usage per kw?
usage. I think I am on the bubble of a new tier of higher usage but I also admit that I don't check or question that particular bill.
The power and rent are billed together so I don't see the breakout (I don't want to sound arrogant).

xavier7995

xavier7995

So...hows the greenhouse holding up to the freezing temps?

Sirtiva

Sirtiva

Hey man nice to see you on here, I know you like the CBD, did you ever end up with R4/R14er?

Twistup

Twistup

I won't bore you with the details of the green house. If you're curious though there is a link below to a journal of the build in the greenhouse sub forum.

1st grow is in the books. I brutalized the plants getting environmental, etc controls in sync.... despite this, and the fact that my light deprivation curtains aren't full blackout, I still found no seeds... :)

Current grow is Starfighter (courtesy of Greendot) and Tora Bora (courtesy of Natural Mystic).

View attachment 538665
What were you using for black out?

BubbaG

BubbaG

Sorry guys, been away awhile... More on that later haha

The blackout cloth is made by a Swedish company called svennsen. I bought mine at Farmtek. $1.2k for 100' roll 13' wide. It is a double layer woven fabric. The outer layer is some kind of woven Mylar, the inner is woven black strips of some kind of poly.... and the stuff is tough as nails - you do NOT want to try to run a self tapping sheet metal screw through the fabric unless you cut a hole in the fabric first.... otherwise the screw will pick up threads (which won't break hardly - crazy stuff) and twist up a big wad of cloth.... and your arm lol. The model of cloth is Obscura.... purports a 99% blackout which I agree it delivers on.... dark as a moonless night... I.e. about the same ambient light as starshine. No herms so far. With the cloth I can drive sun grown plants to flower right through the summer, which I plan to do :cool:...

Gilz Nilz and Tora Bora going. Big girls in the middle are the swamp boys genetics... gonna be big but could be much bigger.... cruising through 8' in the stretch ... smells kind of piney which is what I'm hoping for

stonestacker

stonestacker

Good to see you Bubba.
Good growing vibes your way.:ninja::fire:

Twistup

Twistup

Sorry guys, been away awhile... More on that later haha

The blackout cloth is made by a Swedish company called svennsen. I bought mine at Farmtek. $1.2k for 100' roll 13' wide. It is a double layer woven fabric. The outer layer is some kind of woven Mylar, the inner is woven black strips of some kind of poly.... and the stuff is tough as nails - you do NOT want to try to run a self tapping sheet metal screw through the fabric unless you cut a hole in the fabric first.... otherwise the screw will pick up threads (which won't break hardly - crazy stuff) and twist up a big wad of cloth.... and your arm lol. The model of cloth is Obscura.... purports a 99% blackout which I agree it delivers on.... dark as a moonless night... I.e. about the same ambient light as starshine. No herms so far. With the cloth I can drive sun grown plants to flower right through the summer, which I plan to do :cool:...

Gilz Nilz and Tora Bora going. Big girls in the middle are the swamp boys genetics... gonna be big but could be much bigger.... cruising through 8' in the stretch ... smells kind of piney which is what I'm hoping for
Thanks a lot you should come to Canada and lend a hand

BubbaG

BubbaG

I've been to Alberta province a fair amount.... Calgary and Edmonton mostly.... those winters are brutal man.... I think I'll hang here in CO but thanks for the invite

BubbaG

BubbaG

Hey man nice to see you on here, I know you like the CBD, did you ever end up with R4/R14er?
Hey bro. Yes I had the R14er which is the 14ers cbd strain for a couple of years. I had trouble growing it though... didn't want to clone for nuthin

BubbaG

BubbaG

Good question... but I can't answer it yet as this is the first grow where I won't be using supplemental lighting sorry.

Here's a run down of the load, but of course not everything runs at the same time - this is all at 120v

Swamp coolers 12amps
Fans 10 amps
Lights - (5) lec315 @ 4amps each = ~20amps
Electric heat 24amps
Curtain motor.... dunno but can't be much as it operates on 24v

Top Bottom