Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
It's most certainly a compliment Bud, and I know your a little skeptical about what seed can achieve, but with the proper techniques and a little more work, they've got some really cool qualities about them.

Certainly some of the hybrids that can be obtained are chief among those qualities, especially if there's proper vetting put into place. I know your a purist at heart, but opening up the potential for something special to occur is a worthwhile endeavor, even if it's done on a small scale. That will never happen with ONLY cuttings.

Trailblazing requires both approaches, adequate understanding that you certainly possess, a stellar environment, which you also have, and a little bit of luck.
Jack Herer stand aside, there's a new horse on the track, and my bets are all on him.

Some of the veggies in 1 gallon pots, they need to find a new place to hangout. There becoming contumacious.

IMG 20210525 175522492
IMG 20210525 1755358571
Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Hmm... Something I said must have come out wrong... It all starts with the seed!... I've just didn't more time mono-cropping "clone onlys"... But I've always been popping seeds and sneaking them in somewhere... And occasionally dedicate space to pheno hunts.🤷

Speaking of phenos... I do have a purple EMA female.
Picture 2021 5 25 18 12 49 8552
Picture 2021 5 25 18 13 0 3222

I culled that male, though... There's enough pollen flying around here right now. 😆

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Hmm... Something I said must have come out wrong... It all starts with the seed!... I've just didn't more time mono-cropping "clone onlys"... But I've always been popping seeds and sneaking them in somewhere... And occasionally dedicate space to pheno hunts.🤷

View attachment 1128417View attachment 1128418

I culled that male, though... There's enough pollen flying around here right now. 😆
I suppose I might have misinterpreted some things. I've certainly never heard you say anything negative, but I've met a ton of clone only kinda people, and nothing wrong with that one either, actually. I think doing both are better, and more entertaining, educational, and certainly for any type of quality breeding program, both are essential. Some people are simply growers, and there's nothing wrong with having that interest exclusively. My interest really lie in the science end of it all, little factoids. Making conjectures (hypotheses), deriving predictions from them as logical consequences, and then carrying out experiments or utilizing empirical observations based on predictions.

aka. The geeky part of growing. There's certainly a subset of us in the cannabis community, more by the day. Old school is good, but staying up to date is important also.

Genetics, anatomy, physiology, biology, procreation in general has always been a interest of mine, I suppose. Especially when it involves females.🥰
I think my wife sometimes get jealous that I give so much attention to the plants...

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

View attachment 1128417View attachment 1128418

That looks like it could be one of them also, really. Hmmm, I'm wondering if you got the motherload of those Grape Apes. lol, I've been looking for beans that have those traits, actually.

At least I know they exist, You certainly didn't get all of them, there were tons of those beans, Thousands. I've got some more EMA starts up and coming too. I isolated all those beans and put them into small individual bins as I took the seeds out, because I was aware that locations were different. I'll find a few, eventually.

Wow, that's early, early flower. Maybe just a few days. How big is that plant currently?

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
That looks like it could be one of them also, really. Hmmm, I'm wondering if you got the motherload of those Grape Apes. lol, I've been looking for beans that have those traits, actually.

At least I know they exist, You certainly didn't get all of them, there were tons of those beans, Thousands. I've got some more EMA starts up and coming too. I isolated all those beans and put them into small individual bins as I took the seeds out, because I was aware that locations were different. I'll find a few, eventually.

Wow, that's early, early flower. Maybe just a few days. How big is that plant currently?
Yea... I looked back and they were just labeled EMA.
It's small.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Good god it looks nice, look at those purple veins, and it's color, and even it's form. I really love this plant. It's such a strong breed. That poor plant of mine went though hell and back, infested with mites, and still produced tons of seeds. Completely clean and healthy when all was said and done, thanks to that pure crop.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
IMG 20210526 000610020
IMG 20210526 000548737
IMG 20210526 000556166
Last edited:
Top Bottom