Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Fresh frozen Haze
4DAA20B9 98F2 48BC B75D 69E5FA767019
2ADFC9B2 55C8 46C2 BE83 6A608F2B23B4

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I use to use a product called promis a imid pesticide for food crops and when I went to buy some last January it was discontinued. Didn’t want to use the stronger versions for turf grass so I started using stuff like nematodes, bti liquid and dunks not a damn thing worked lmao. They were bathing in it laughing at me.I’d have a couple sick plants going into flower and those gnats bastards would spread it to every plant in the room.
finally I decided to try dimatous earth with huge doubts and I was wrong. Kicks the living shot out of them. From the dome to the flower room I spray it on the rooters,medium’s pots and trays at a lb per gallon. It kicks the crap out of them wet or not. They just can’t take hold anymore and now they are non exsistant. 🤣😂cost me about 12-15 lb’s this year which is all my extra to make life comfortable. I’d watch them try to land and it’s like trying to walk on razor blades lol. This round I had 1 sick plant because I wanted it seeded and almost at the end and there is still only 1 sick plant.😁
So anyone with gnat life problems give this a try.
And man trimming. Diseased plants is so much harder for nothing to gain just heart breaking. We will see what pops up next to try and stop me!
Your really onto something promoting early plant health Trustfall. The more I mull about overall yield and quality, it becomes apparent how much of this can be traced back to early stages of development, IMO.

I think many of our later problems are simply hanging around the tent just waiting for a time to rear it head. For an opportunity, to make it's move. Molds and Fungi especially.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Your really onto something promoting early plant health Trustfall. The more I mull about overall yield and quality, it becomes apparent how much of this can be traced back to early stages of development, IMO.

I think many of our later problems are simply hanging around the tent just waiting for a time to rear it head. For an opportunity, to make it's move. Molds and Fungi especially.
Absolutely! IMO when your clones/seeds are healthy from the start with no unwanted stress bumps in the road it makes it so much easier in flower. And I know this from years and years of loading up sick clones. I always have have best success when all the plants are the same age as well. Grow all the gals up healthy together eliminates extra problems later.
And the sick clones are always first to be attacked weather it’s gnats, pm, root disease, mites etc.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Absolutely! IMO when your clones/seeds are healthy from the start with no unwanted stress bumps in the road it makes it so much easier in flower. And I know this from years and years of loading up sick clones. I always have have best success when all the plants are the same age as well. Grow all the gals up healthy together eliminates extra problems later.
And the sick clones are always first to be attacked weather it’s gnats, pm, root disease, mites etc.
When I see things like isolated cases of bud rot in otherwise stellar conditions; ie. Some of the first layer I just cut. There was one tiny spot, and it's always almost around the same level, on the same leading edge of growth, (follows a pattern) so I wonder if it's carried there from birth. (from seed), and somehow a spore gets trapped, and rides along that leading tip. Either while it's shedding it's shell particle, (during sprouting) or even some of the remaining membrane from an infected seed, possibly.

I mean PM molds are one thing, and can be attributed to overall bad environmental conditions in general; ie. High RH, or other moisture related issues.

But a speck of bud rot utterly baffles me, cause it's so very isolated, it's usually (inside), and everything surrounding it can be flawless, pristine. Which leads me to believe it was there all along, from the very beginning.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
The stuff I seen this time couldn't even really penetrate any of the buds, cause they were so very healthy, it was just kinda running along the outside stem, infecting the flowers from the outside, trying to find something it could consume, it got maybe an inch or so down, but that was enough to infect possibly 3 nodes.

I just generally cut it all away these days, and don't look back. But it breaks my heart every time looking at it. I should have snapped a few photo's.

For me, crowded conditions is always an issue; and I know reducing those pressures will do much to eliminate these kinds of issues. That said; it would be nice to understand the etiology, origin of these types of infections, and a comprehensive understanding of vectors, and transmission in particular. Or effective organic solution of ensuring 100% elimination, and better controls.

Pathogens are something I really, really despise.

Last edited:
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
The stuff I seen this time couldn't even really penetrate any of the buds, cause they were so very healthy, it was just kinda running along the outside stem, infecting the flowers from the outside, trying to find something it could consume, it got maybe an inch or so down, but that was enough to infect possibly 3 nodes.

I just generally cut it all away these days, and don't look back. But it breaks my heart every time looking at it. I should have snapped a few photo's.

For me, crowded conditions is always an issue; and I know reducing those pressures will do much to eliminate these kinds of issues. That said; it would be nice to understand the etiology, origin of these types of infections, and a comprehensive understanding of vectors, and transmission in particular. Or effective organic solution of ensuring 100% elimination, and better controls.

Pathogens are something I really, really despise.
You and me both my friend. Any kind of bud rot pathogen’s give me an asthma attack even if it’s so faint no one else notices.
Nothings going to be 100% IMO. But it goes back to the strong healthy clones/seeds. Better the start less likely for it to happen especially when the husbandry is in check. I use regalia and actinovate for extra protection, foilar spray up to week two in flower and medium drench up to mid flower. A strong plant immune system is key too fighting off pathogens.

Top Bottom