Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
One week of flower:

IMG 20220126 200252367 HDR2
IMG 20220126 200124313 BURST000 COVER2

chiguy

chiguy

Lol. Bud you are a sick man. You are supposed to be culling and condensing, yet here you are. Fuck it, nice pick ups!

Yo Burnz, that Forza looks amazing. When you crack the jar and take a whiff, is the first thing that crosses your mind, " Damn, this is some loud Sour D!"?? I just finished the Real Sour, and it's leaving a bit to be desired as far as Sour terps are concerned. It was my first run with her, and she was not in love with what I gave her. A vigorous plant, and has potential, but on my first round with her I'm not getting that nasty loud sour I was hoping for.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Grape ape; that's a good classic pickup; certainly very Indica leaning. Strawberry cough is another I used to smoke around that timeframe regularly; I'd like to see it again someday; such an underrated strain IMO.

Pretty Cool story behind Strawberry Cough (clone only)

A novice grower in Connecticut gave (High times editor) Kushman a tiny Strawberry Cough clone from his small basement garden. Kushman accepted the clone, mostly for the sake of politeness, and nearly threw it away before he noticed an overwhelming smell of fresh strawberries emanating from the clone. Kushman decided to keep the strain and began to share it freely among New York growers.

Strawberry Cough became the number one selling strain amongst delivery services in the New York area. When Kushman moved to California to grow cannabis legally, he continued to share Strawberry Cough cuttings across the country.

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Lol. Bud you are a sick man. You are supposed to be culling and condensing, yet here you are. Fuck it, nice pick ups!

Yo Burnz, that Forza looks amazing. When you crack the jar and take a whiff, is the first thing that crosses your mind, " Damn, this is some loud Sour D!"?? I just finished the Real Sour, and it's leaving a bit to be desired as far as Sour terps are concerned. It was my first run with her, and she was not in love with what I gave her. A vigorous plant, and has potential, but on my first round with her I'm not getting that nasty loud sour I was hoping for.

Bummer on the "real"... I know your room is dialed.
I'm super stoked on my the plant of it I harvested last round... Has been my go to smoke.
Think maybe the problem is that it's actually Headband? 😅
Yes... I am getting rid of some things... But, I'm still gonna to keep the trade winds a blowing.
Figured you'd appreciate the Lemon G and Super Lemon Haze.👍

Grape ape; that's a good classic pickup; certainly very Indica leaning. Strawberry cough is another I used to smoke around that timeframe regularly; I'd like to see it again someday; such an underrated strain IMO.

Pretty Cool story behind Strawberry Cough (clone only)

A novice grower in Connecticut gave (High times editor) Kushman a tiny Strawberry Cough clone from his small basement garden. Kushman accepted the clone, mostly for the sake of politeness, and nearly threw it away before he noticed an overwhelming smell of fresh strawberries emanating from the clone. Kushman decided to keep the strain and began to share it freely among New York growers.

Strawberry Cough became the number one selling strain amongst delivery services in the New York area. When Kushman moved to California to grow cannabis legally, he continued to share Strawberry Cough cuttings across the country.
That one got a little freezer burn in transit. 🤞

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter

I see the resemblance for sure. 🥴

Really nice setup and amazing that each plant is a different strain. Diversity in the smoke is awesome.

Looks like you all have a lot of fun on this thread!

How much do you expect to yield off these plants? ~3oz a piece?

Thanks, Dude.
I think this is going to be the last hoorah for that old tent... I bought it off of craigslist fifteen plus years ago... Had to help the guy tear it down... Was full of "Cotton Candy" ready to be cut.
I'd use it for quarantines and overflow when needed. Loaned it out a few times too. Has been set up here for about a year... And it's really starting to show it's age... Front door zipper came apart the day after I flipped this cycle. 🤣

I've been getting 6-8 per plant... But with more in there this time, and the plants not being their best at the flip... I'd be happy with 4-5... We'll see. 🤷

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
"We live on a microbial biochemical planet. We (Animals) are really the icing on evolution's cake, but bacteria are the cake." This mirror's part of the mantra I've been harping on for the past year or so about bacteria; Eukaryote cells, and their symbiosis with all multicellular organisms.

Knoll also first described what is sometimes known as the "boring billion" -- a period in Earth's history around 1.8 billion to 800 million years ago when nothing much appeared to happen biologically or climatically. Nonetheless, he said it was a crucial period that paved the way for life as we know it. "Our work and that of others, demonstrates that this is when the eukaryotic cell came of age -- all of the molecular and cell biology that eventually made animals possible, was hammered out during this boring billion,"

Eukaryotes may be either unicellular or multicellular, and include many cell types forming different kinds of tissue; in comparison, prokaryotes are typically unicellular. Animals, plants, and fungi are the most familiar eukaryotes; other eukaryotes are sometimes called protists.
Prokaryotic cells vs Eukaryotic Cell

Eukaryotes and some examples of their diversity
Eukaryota diversity 2

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Bud hope ya don’t mind me throwin this up here but any one ever seen this white bud? I don’t have a strain name but other than lookin kool,wasn’t for me. curious though
Of course I don't mind.
Likely just light bleached... But I remember all old High Times article where a guy was treating plants with chemicals in order to bleach them out like that... His hope being to produce a stable strain devoid of chlorophyll.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Bud hope ya don’t mind me throwin this up here but any one ever seen this white bud? I don’t have a strain name but other than lookin kool,wasn’t for me. curious though
Yea; some sort of chlorophyll leaching; but I highly suspect either a parasitic symbiosis type microorganism of sorts; that create that sort of phenomena or; coupled with excessive sunlight heat; and/or combination of them. It's an enzyme of some type being created by RUBisCO I believe. Certainly seems to be something taught too the plants there that it can remember; ie. written into DNA/RNA sequencing.... Linked to RuBisCO somehow; maybe.

I actually am looking to try and teach the exact opposite; possibly select some primordial cyanobacteria would hold some promise. (working with them now; ie. "Spirulina" actually) cyanobacteria evolved oxygenic photosynthesis — the ability to turn light and water into energy, releasing oxygen in the process. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realizing_Increased_Photosynthetic_Efficiency

Also periodic removal of darker leaf's might hold some promise in increasing keeping these pathways, pipelines open full bore throughout the flowering stages. Clearly many cultivars have differencing in photosynthetic efficiency rates. Investigating novel approach's are certainly worth the efforts; IMO.

Sort of the same idea like donating blood; your stimulating production of more blood cells... flipping your immune system into overdrive. ie. productive stressors.

Notice how most of those flowers look sickly; much like an albino anything. I see healthy budding; but usually not much frost to speak about... appears more meristem tissues in nature.

Last edited:
Top Bottom