Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Dry your buds under a cmh light and they will look like that. 😁 the lighting seems to be making it more white I think.
When I put a second 1000w DE HPS hood in my 6x6 a few tips got that way; it was simply too many lumens. But I got such great penetration I didn't much care at the time; cause I was so space limited.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yea; I've seen it with LED; and the one mosh had there looks like it was grown under LED; pretty amazing that thing can turn out that way; so many lumens (must be around 70,000+ LM HID equivalent) from an LED setup; and it's not frying the plant either; (I see no heat damage) turned out relatively bleached; but otherwise unscathed. Almost normal even; almost...

@Moshmen did you end up doing that with that new quantum unit? 🤔 It's certainly got the power; no doubt. My guess would be center of the unit and one that cola's got within a foot; maybe a foot and a half from the center of the light.

My guess the optimum spot for that unit is 2.5->3 foot zone; or more. That's certainly not a unit I would ever want to look at. 😵 Not even indirectly.

Last edited:
StankStirr

StankStirr

Grape ape; that's a good classic pickup; certainly very Indica leaning. Strawberry cough is another I used to smoke around that timeframe regularly; I'd like to see it again someday; such an underrated strain IMO.

Pretty Cool story behind Strawberry Cough (clone only)

A novice grower in Connecticut gave (High times editor) Kushman a tiny Strawberry Cough clone from his small basement garden. Kushman accepted the clone, mostly for the sake of politeness, and nearly threw it away before he noticed an overwhelming smell of fresh strawberries emanating from the clone. Kushman decided to keep the strain and began to share it freely among New York growers.

Strawberry Cough became the number one selling strain amongst delivery services in the New York area. When Kushman moved to California to grow cannabis legally, he continued to share Strawberry Cough cuttings across the country.
Grape Ape is a winner! But I totally agree with you on the Strawberry Cough! That's a cut I want Badly! That's in my top 5 for sure! Just makes me feel so good!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yea; I've seen it with LED; and the one mosh had there looks like it was grown under LED; pretty amazing that thing can turn out that way; so many lumens (must be around 70,000+ LM HID equivalent) from an LED setup; and it's not frying the plant either; (I see no heat damage) turned out relatively bleached; but otherwise unscathed. Almost normal even; almost...

@Moshmen did you end up doing that with that new quantum unit? 🤔 It's certainly got the power; no doubt. My guess would be center of the unit somewhere; and one of the cola's got within a foot; maybe a foot and a half from the center of the light.
Nah this was offered to me on the black market so there was a bunch of it no smell not much taste just so so

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Nah this was offered to me on the black market so there was a bunch of it no smell not much taste just so so
Yea; personally I think someone gave too much of a good thing. Primarily sunlight; almost seems like something difficult to do; considering; but entirely possible. There really is a sweet spot; and I'm finding myself that backing them off a tad can be helpful. Reading up on RuBisCo explains that process well.

Rubisco is a unique and interesting enzyme, mediating the first and key reaction of photosynthetic CO2 assimilation: conversion of one molecule of RuBP and one of CO2 into two molecules of PGA. Besides the carboxylation reaction, Rubisco reacts with oxygen to form one molecule of 2-phosphoglycolate and one of PGA. The plants recover part of the carbon diverted into phosphoglycolate through the process of photorespiration and lose part of carbon as CO2. Photorespiration also helps in the recycling of nitrogen and dissipation of excess energy and reductants (ATP and NADPH) in the chloroplasts. A major drawback of Rubisco is its very slow catalytic capacity.
3 s20 B9780123948076000903 f00090 02 9780123948076

Instead of creating sugars and dankness; it just getting recycled perpetually in an inefficient loop; replicating the same undesirables... ie. wasted energy.

Calvinf

Strawberry cough?????
Where??
Who??
Yea; all this time I've never seen it on these forums either. Strange.... 🤔 Doesn't help she's a clone only cultivar. Note also the story behind it; its a fine example of the mantra I tirelessly harp about in regards to plant leaning; environment; microbes and their resulting organic acids...

Texas Kid: (Willy Nelson) Strawberry Fields is a 100% indica strain that originated in vermont. around 7 weeks flowering time. Breed for the taste and smell of strawberries, and to be able to finish before the first snow fall in Vermont. High yielder. from what I understand, the strain was given it's name because the breeder grew it for many years in with his strawberry plants, and claimed that the original scent of strawberries was intensified because of the way he grew the plants together. nevertheless, if his theories were correct or not, the worked plants in his field had developed a scent and smell that matched his freshest strawberries to a tee. But the high was not ideal for his prefrences(needed to be more cerebral). He took an outstanding pure haze male and crossed it with his best female flowering in his fields. These are essentially strawberry cough seeds, but not the clone that's going around. The SC pheno clone was found in sorting through dozens of these seeds that were given to kyle kushman. the SC clone yields very heavily from it's mother strawberry fields(which I was told the real deal is now extinct). Expect a minimun of five to six ounces per sc plant, and the real deal finish around 7.5 - 9 weeks depending on what you look at to harvest. each branch must be supported with at least one stalk, or the weight of the buds will cause your limbs and buds to hang on the ground.

Nebu: regarding the Strawberry Cough heritage, Strawberry Fields x Haze as I was told. Though Kyle (with whom I worked @ HighTimes and who provided the clone & details to me) had said it was a lonely (& lowly, he thought at first) clone, not seeds, which he received. He did not expect much (the 'breeder' had a very small, humble environment) and accepted the clone only to be polite ~ upon arriving home after a fairly long drive he opened the box where he had placed the clones and was suprised to catch the strong aroma of strawberries. At that moment he thought that it just might be something special. (which it really is!)

12041758757990123 big

If we can located a true specimen; I suspect she's a exceptionally fine breeder; with that 7 week flowering time and parentage.

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Here's one of Buds old cuts I'm running right now...

Cookies and Cream x Monster Cookies Day 54...

View attachment 1212034View attachment 1212035View attachment 1212036

Looks great!... Almost forgot how nice that cut is/was... Hope you enjoy it!
Strawberry cough?????
Where??
Who??
Darkheart either has or is soon releasing it... They're working with Kushman... That's why the Grape Ape is making it's rounds right now.

https://darkheartnursery.com/strains/starberry-cough/

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Way I heard it Kyle never shared it around then got busted and lost it? I dunno how true that is.
I don't either... But thought Strawberry Cough was handed out pretty freely to anyone that visited the High Times headquarters... Heard there used to be mother plants of it and Stardawg Guava in the office, and people were allowed to take cuttings from them.🤷

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I don't either... But thought Strawberry Cough was handed out pretty freely to anyone that visited the High Times headquarters... Heard there used to be mother plants of it and Stardawg Guava in the office, and people were allowed to take cuttings from them.🤷
That's my guess; people doing what they do; and never looking forward; or just living in the moment. Growing a one up; then onto the next, never looking back. Not a necessarily a bad philosophy; just who would surmise that a "freebee" could somehow become an "icon"; but there ya have it. Great things really do sometimes come in un-assuming; small plain little packages. We often simply don't always recognize it at the time; then it evaporates.

You can't confront me with the Calvin Cycle when I'm high! I have rights!

Statistics; that's the college course that will haunt me until the end of time. I was fully baked that entire semester and could never make heads or tails of it. 😵 A fucking rule for every move. I had to jump off the rope at that point.

At least the Calvin cycle is interesting.

Last edited:
StankStirr

StankStirr

Looks great!... Almost forgot how nice that cut is/was... Hope you enjoy it!

Darkheart either has or is soon releasing it... They're working with Kushman... That's why the Grape Ape is making it's rounds right now.

https://darkheartnursery.com/strains/starberry-cough/
Thanks! Yah I really like how it is to grow! Can't wait to give you a smoke report!

Thanks for the info on that cut, I'll check into darkheart. 🤞

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Another missing link that would be a fun to acquire in genuine landrace form... 🤞 Panama Red... Trustfall's got C99 covered well... We need to locate a reliable friend from Pearl Island; San Jose; Punta Patiño; or Panama City.... Or thereabouts... Make a cultural exchange. 🤔

If I was ever going to say an all time #1 in my life; looking back over the years; hands down it would have to be the Panama Red. Back to the very beginning. Mixed this with a little of your old blueberry (this time) and put me right in a uplifted; hypnotic; and very relaxed high; very laid back and cerebral; but not one that gives way to anxiety; much mellower.

Something about that Panama pheno...🤗 So smooth also; and seems to target my head very well. I'll get 10 maybe 12 joints per gram; I don't go overboard; (too often) like some. But do occasionally like supercharging things a little. ⚡

I got the Jack Herer this time around also; and it's over 91%. But this one is far superior IMO.

PXL 20220201 071458410MP

PXL 20220201 072442584MP
Last edited:
C

Christos1974

Another missing link that would be a fun to acquire in genuine landrace form... 🤞 Panama Red... Trustfall's got C99 covered well... We need to locate a reliable friend from Pearl Island; San Jose; Punta Patiño; or Panama City.... Or thereabouts... Make a cultural exchange. 🤔

If I was ever going to say an all time #1 in my life; looking back over the years; hands down it would have to be the Panama Red. Back to the very beginning. Mixed this with a little of your old blueberry (this time) and put me right in a uplifted; hypnotic; and very relaxed high; very laid back and cerebral; but not one that gives way to anxiety; much mellower.

Something about that Panama pheno...🤗 So smooth also; and seems to target my head very well. I'll get 10 maybe 12 joints per gram; I don't go overboard; (too often) like some. But do occasionally like supercharging things a little. ⚡

I got the Jack Herer this time around also; and it's over 91%. But this one is far superior IMO.

View attachment 1212409
What seed bank has the best Panama Red seeds?

Top Bottom