Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dire wolf

dire wolf

Excellent time son ...... 29 min

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
View attachment 1212896Excellent time son ...... 29 min
Does it still run? That's so purdy...😍 I really love navy clockworks; since I was in the US Navy; and vintage aviation timepieces in particular. (I was an aviation ordnanceman)

The one I'm holding here is the first navigational watch ever manufactured; an analog computer of sorts (first watch with a movable time bezel) aka. Admiral Weems navigation watch; by LONGINES. Museum quality w/original band. Made in the late 1930's
IMG 20211222 121421 1
IMG 20211222 121953 1

My bump around Navy timepiece.
PXL 20220202 223914949MP 1

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

Does it still run? That's so purdy...😍 I really love navy clockworks; since I was in the US Navy; and vintage aviation timepieces in particular. (I was an aviation ordnanceman)

The one I'm holding here is the first navigational watch ever manufactured; an analog computer of sorts (first watch with a movable time bezel) aka. Admiral Weems navigation watch; by LONGINES. Museum quality w/original band. Made in the late 1930's
View attachment 1212989View attachment 1212990

My bump around Navy timepiece.
View attachment 1212991
Hey Frankster , nice watch ! My dad was a clock collector , I'll PM you some pics , he has a lot of clocks that you would probably find interesting .....
Yes that one works , he would repair all of them and he loved tinkering with the movements

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Purple Granddaddy Gorilla Punch.... No doubts in my mind; whatsoever; these are the finest seeds I've ever taken from a bud, hands down.🤟 I am so excited. 🥴I really hope some of the Thai's made it though the fire on this run. The dense sticky is simply off the chart. Smells wonderful; high uplifting and energ;y. The buds are not terribly fat; but very dense. Crystalized beyond belief.

This was just a medium side runner; I've yet to bust into one of the bigger colas. But have a enough seeds to pop a few; just need to stratify...
PXL 20220202 202131231MP 1

PXL 20220202 202140293MP 2
PXL 20220203 095114825MP
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
If I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing; really looks like; iron oxide is the remedy. Looks like classic iron deficiency. Rusty water bubba; I've got some iron oxide here and could send it; but certainly looks like iron from where I'm standing. Just don't overdo; cause it's a micro. My guess is about 1/16-> 1/8 tsp per gallon would suffice; if you can get it down into the soil.

In addition to the iron oxide; I've got those plain micronutrients; I could send; probably get there in a day. It covers all the micro metals base; and it's iron heavy. Or a little blood might do the job...

S l1600 70

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Hmm; you think maybe the mix was hot? Looks like possibly weird Iron issues; or possibly sulfur; magnesium possibly; need to see it closer. Being organic might be more difficult to sort it out. But Iron is my guess from afar.

If I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing; really looks like; iron oxide is the remedy. Looks like classic iron deficiency. Rusty water bubba; I've got some iron oxide here and could send it; but certainly looks like iron from where I'm standing. Just don't overdo; cause it's a micro. My guess is about 1/16-> 1/8 tsp per gallon would suffice; if you can get it down into the soil.

In addition to the iron oxide; I've got those plain micronutrients; I could send; probably get there in a day. It covers all the micro metals base; and it's iron heavy. Or a little blood might do the job...

View attachment 1213280
Yes... I'm thinking iron... Flooding has my (well) water all fucked up.
Started filtering my water yesterday.

IMG 20220203 1108595782

I've always had to with well water in the past... But hadn't had to since moving here.
I still have a Tall Boy (dual stage) filter I'll break out if I don't start seeing some improvement.
Might have went a little too heavy a little too early with the topdressing this round as well... But what's done is done there... We're riding this one out.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yes... I'm thinking iron... Flooding has my (well) water all fucked up.
Started filtering my water yesterday.

View attachment 1213314

I've always had to with well water in the past... But hadn't had to since moving here.
I still have a Tall Boy (dual stage) filter I'll break out if I don't start seeing some improvement.
Might have went a little too heavy a little too early with the topdressing this round as well... But what's done is done there... We're riding this one out.
Can't say I'm surprised about the water; looking at that field the last month or so. Certainly can and will fuck with your water dynamics. Good that your looking at that; what was your PPM up too? Getting some biochar; burnt wood spread out on that area could possibly help some also.

High ppm water is a common culprit; it seems. When we don't continue to monitor it; it changes. I see some variation even here at the tap over time.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Can't say I'm surprised about the water; looking at that field the last month or so. Certainly can and will fuck with your water dynamics. Good that your looking at that; what was your PPM up too? Getting some biochar; burnt wood spread out on that area could possibly help some also.
🤷😅

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Our well were I grew up at was like 30-40 foot deep; I believe. My cousins used to fill gallons and take them back to NC from there in Illinois; the water was so pure... There was a huge cornfield that butted up to our property; and back in the 70's the water was pure. When I moved back in 2007; after decades of that field; Big Ag; and it kind of sloped to the edge of our property there. Over time; the nitrates have got much higher content in the ground water.

Wouldn't even pass at one point. Had to dump bleach down in there when the house was sold. Ag runoff is a major source of water contamination everywhere. Especially streams and creeks. Nitrates; phosphates from field runoff is very harmful in the Midwest for streams and rivers.

Bicarbonates bond to iron in the soil and will prevent the iron from being available to plants. That's my guess in this case.

Last edited:
OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

Purple Granddaddy Gorilla Punch.... No doubts in my mind; whatsoever; these are the finest seeds I've ever taken from a bud, hands down.🤟 I am so excited. 🥴I really hope some of the Thai's made it though the fire on this run. The dense sticky is simply off the chart. Smells wonderful; high uplifting and energ;y. The buds are not terribly fat; but very dense. Crystalized beyond belief.

This was just a medium side runner; I've yet to bust into one of the bigger colas. But have a enough seeds to pop a few; just need to stratify...
View attachment 1213151
good looking beans

sambapati

sambapati

View attachment 1213151
That came in your Altoids container? Very suspicious...tin looks a mite beaten up too....you one of them longhairs?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
That came in your Altoids container? Very suspicious...tin looks a mite beaten up too....you one of them longhairs?
Yea; Very curious thing... 😁
Those are my joint holders... and I've been referred to along those lines yes. Helps me blend in with the natives.
PXL 20220204 171544904MP

Can't get this song out of my head lately... playing in my head over and over this morning.

We made the mountains shake with laughter as we played
Hiding in our corner of the world
Then we did the demon dance and rushed to nevermore
Threw away the key and locked the door

Oh, they say that it's over, yeah
And it just had to be
Yes, they say that it's over
We're lost children of the sea
Oh!
Look out! The sky is falling down!

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
good looking beans
Got the padded shippers in today.... So I don't need to spend $9 shipping seeds.... Forever stamp and go; no post office visit required. Anyone want to try?
PXL 20220204 194036218MP

Fresh rabbit shits; cause any animal that eats it's own 💩 💩 and doesn't die. peaks my interest.... Must be very high in enzymes; I susepct.

Rabbit manure has four times more nutrients than cow or horse manure and is twice as rich as chicken manure. Rabbit manure is organic matter and improves poor soil structure, drainage and moisture retention. Rabbit droppings contain all their waste, meaning they don't have a separate urinary function.

PXL 20220204 195114829MP

Last edited:
Top Bottom