Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
The established links between brewers and cannabis growers is long established. IMO, it has probably always been interlinked. Go to places around the United States, (especially where prohibition still exist) and you'll find that many of the brewery supply stores, especially these "micro brew" suppliers also carry cannabis growing supplies, because there's always been some overlap, I suppose. It's been this way for decades in some states.

My buddy that I grew up with in Chicago area made his bones selling weed when we was going up, and eventually was able to start grow supply chain. On the storefront, it was always "brewery supplies" but on on the inside, it was a cannabis cultivation supplies operation. The feds tried to shut him down for decades to no avail. He sold things like HPS lights right along side brewing kits.

My guess is that this goes back much farther. Cannabis and Brewing have/has been always interlinked on some level or another, and my theory is that old world brewers were perhaps, using spent spent grain, spent yeast, and spent hops for soil amendments on cannabis and hemp.

It's not hard to imagine in the old world, the same bloke that was growing grains for making whiskey, beer, was also probably growing weed, and poppies. Cause many of the people who consumed those products were likely consuming some, or all of them.

Do that for long periods of time (hundreds of years) and evolution naturally takes it course.

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
One of the Gromies had these tubes made for me.🙌🤘
IMG 20210923 1758329762

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Those are joints my friend! With tips😃
So a little like my bamboo smokers (but fancier) I make for the woman, or smoking stuff down to nubs. She's got bad shakes from her epilepsy, so these work well for her. I've just got different sizes for different sized joints. I love anything bamboo, just about. Such a great material.

Those above were so fancy, I thought maybe they were seals for pressing wax or something, perhaps.

IMG 20210925 083024

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
So a little like my bamboo smokers (but fancier) I make for the woman, or smoking stuff down to nubs. She's got bad shakes from her epilepsy, so these work well for her. I've just got different sizes for different sized joints. I love anything bamboo, just about. Such a great material.

Those above were so fancy, I thought maybe they were seals for pressing wax or something, perhaps.

View attachment 1172467
I’m not positive but I’m think they were paper tips with folded crutches in the middle. I like my joints without a tip personally. I find sticky strains are my favorite for joint rolling as rarely get pieces sucked in lol. Really dry non sticky pot you pretty much need a tip if it bothers you sucking it in.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I love it bro. I started reading and was like what in the hell is he talking about 🤣😂
Yea, I'
I’m not positive but I’m think they were paper tips with folded crutches in the middle. I like my joints without a tip personally. I find sticky strains are my favorite for joint rolling as rarely get pieces sucked in lol. Really dry non sticky pot you pretty much need a tip if it bothers you sucking it in.
Yea, you certainly can get a better taste for the weed IMO, smoking straight from the tips. But weed varies very widely, like you say. I've smoked joints for decades, and it's always been my preferred method. I'll do the occasional blunt sometimes if I'm around some friends, perhaps. No spliffs though, bleh!

I think certain strains roll better than others. Hard Dense Kushes need big large bore, or something more larfy to mix into it. Some types of spongier weeds GG#4, Blueberry, or even some Skunk, make the very best joints IMO. The compressibility is a huge factor, and there's certainly a sweet spot in all of that. Those long trichome haired strains really are ideal, I believe. Lithic, stoney weed, while impressive on it's own accord, really needs to be rolled really wide, IMO, to be enjoyed well.

I consider myself a very good joint roller. When I'm with friends, they all want me to roll it, generally. I used too could do it with one hand, but no more. Now I can hardly feel my fingertips, or control my hands these days. But I can still roll decent, and rolling large is what I do well. A good sized joint of super dense weed should be 1.5-2.5g minimum. More = Better IMO.

People talk about they smoke 8 or more joints a day, they don't smoke 8 of my joints. (Bud probably does) lol 🤠 TBH, I've been smoking them smaller with the Gorilla Glue lately, cause it's not as dense.

I'm smoking this this morning, and it's drawing nicely.
IMG 20210923 190355 1

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Here's a good read on organisms and terpene production.

“We had this idea that maybe you could find the enzymes responsible for making terpenes by looking at the sequences of the genes that were being discovered.”

To do that, Cane searched through the genome data gathered for a group of bacteria called Streptomyces, (over 500 species exist) looking for sequences similar those known to produce terpene synthases in plants and fungi. Eventually, he found that Streptomyces did indeed have genes encoding terpene synthases and that those enzymes could be used to make terpenes.

Using this method, they were able to make 13 previously unknown terpenes, their structures verified by mass spectrometry and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy.

“It’s a good example of how one can use sequence analysis to identify genes of interest and then apply molecular genetic and microbiological techniques to produce the chemical substances of interest.
Terpenes1

Terpenes are generally considered to be plant or fungal metabolites, although a small number of odoriferous terpenes of bacterial origin have been known for many years.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Most of what I write is to stimulate thought, nothing more.

Here's a little more about Streptomyces. These guys have even gone to the lengths of producing a patent for their specific strain. I"ve personally been screwing with different strains of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, so far.

For medical or pharmaceutical purposes, the ratio of CBD to THC is key. Therefore, studying soil microbiota associated with cannabis and its potential impact on secondary metabolites production could be useful when selecting microorganisms as bioinoculant agents for enhanced organic cannabinoid production.

The review aims to shed light on the importance of the cannabis microbiome and how cannabinoid compound concentrations can be stimulated through symbiotic and/or mutualistic relationships with endophytes.

Basically, what I'm suggesting here; Organic growers especially, save some of your "good soil" so you can inoculate your incoming soils, and get them composted correctly. Nurture those compost piles, and keep them uniform, and consistent. Develop different and unique pile formulations. If you got that "special mix", nurture it, and condition it, and perhaps you'll not only develop something unique and special, but your "own distinct brand" in a sense. Your cultivars are quite literally evolving and learning "new genetic code", the good, the bad, and the ugly around that dynamic, and the diet. (it's feedstock).

Cannabis loves a marine environment. Some of the very finest cannabis cultivars worldwide are grown, developed, and refined along Costal communities. Think about that one for a moment. It's not only environmental conditions, but also ecological ones. It loves the sea, and things like kelp, and stuff pulled out of the waters have become Rockstar's of the cannabis fertilizing industry. So do the math.

I'm sure growers like bud have known many of these things for decades, perhaps, and while he might not have conceptualized the "specifics" of what was specifically happening in compost piles, he has a pretty good idea, of what's good, and what's not, and been maintaining things along a continuum for quite some time now. But I really think it's worthwhile reviewing and mentioning subjects like these, cause we get caught up in conversations about cultivars, or seed, or organics vs salts, or all the other confusing, multifaceted stuff that's done to maintain a proper grow. For anyone; Organic/Salt's alike; Indoor and Outdoor grower, enzymes, micro-organisms, all of that stuff merges into some oblivious pigeon hole, that nobody can fathom or articulate well. It's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. It plays by its own set of rules.

Microbiota, is the holy grail for many newer/intermediate growers, and fortifies that struggle with disease or pestilence. It's the army, that keeps the pathogenic horde at bay. lol 🤣 It's important stuff.🤠

Rating: 4.8 · ‎710 reviews · ‎$29.99 · ‎In stock
Kelp me kelp you

Remember, You can even easily grow, and isolate these organisms. You could even stockpile (and perhaps market) the damn things, cause there viability is pretty long, in most cases.
IMG 0791 e1528129151214

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Yea, I'

Yea, you certainly can get a better taste for the weed IMO, smoking straight from the tips. But weed varies very widely, like you say. I've smoked joints for decades, and it's always been my preferred method. I'll do the occasional blunt sometimes if I'm around some friends, perhaps. No spliffs though, bleh!

I think certain strains roll better than others. Hard Dense Kushes need big large bore, or something more larfy to mix into it. Some types of spongier weeds GG#4, Blueberry, or even some Skunk, make the very best joints IMO. The compressibility is a huge factor, and there's certainly a sweet spot in all of that. Those long trichome haired strains really are ideal, I believe. Lithic, stoney weed, while impressive on it's own accord, really needs to be rolled really wide, IMO, to be enjoyed well.

I consider myself a very good joint roller. When I'm with friends, they all want me to roll it, generally. I used too could do it with one hand, but no more. Now I can hardly feel my fingertips, or control my hands these days. But I can still roll decent, and rolling large is what I do well. A good sized joint of super dense weed should be 1.5-2.5g minimum. More = Better IMO.

People talk about they smoke 8 or more joints a day, they don't smoke 8 of my joints. (Bud probably does) lol 🤠 TBH, I've been smoking them smaller with the Gorilla Glue lately, cause it's not as dense.

I'm smoking this this morning, and it's drawing nicely.
View attachment 1172475
I think y’all showin ur ages - I feel like if your puffin a hand rolled joint like this one your prolly over 50? And if ur using these other things ur prolly 30 or under ? Just a guess -
And I just don’t know why y’all insist on ruining a nice smoke with a damn cigar wrapper or tobacco wtf?

6A863032 C656 43E4 A09A D7E54908863E
BC59D802 A77D 4108 8B9E BB1338111831

Latest posts

Top Bottom