BudGoggles perpetual UCs grow show

• Thread starter BudGoggles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Nothing just wanna try hydroton again see if I can see a difference. Ill still be using silica stone just using hydroton on my next run.
BG

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx again for the PK booster info BG! Yeah, I had to add quite a bit of pH up to raise my pH today... I'm not well versed on Silica in lieu of pH up and when to stop using it in bloom... I'm also not sure whether there's an issue using it in the UC. On another note, have you noticed any favorable results with your experiment on crown feeding Great White? :wondering

R

RMCG

I've been advised to not use silica in the UC -

Yeah, UCMENOW recommends foliar only of silica.

I'll see if I can dig up some reference stuff regarding proper dosing of silica. Found that it was better to do small doses (20ml over 10 days) vs 200ml all at once.

I think that it has to do with binding and fallout, probably much worse in the UC than other systems.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Anybody know why not to use silica in the UC. Im gonna find out ran out of ph up and used silica to bring it up a few points. I used 40ml in 60 gallons let it mix for 1 1/2 hrs and then dropped the bs 2.2 x og into the bloom room
Ive used it before and dont think it hurt any just didnt take notes.
This will be a good test

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Thx again for the PK booster info BG! Yeah, I had to add quite a bit of pH up to raise my pH today... I'm not well versed on Silica in lieu of pH up and when to stop using it in bloom... I'm also not sure whether there's an issue using it in the UC. On another note, have you noticed any favorable results with your experiment on crown feeding Great White? :wondering

Not sure the roots have been taking off lately. We shall see how it works Im gonna dunk some of the fresh clones roots into it and then transplant into the UC. I here that they take of nuts. Who knows sounds like another good test

Im gonna keep testin shit out Im pretty confident that I can bring anything back to good health if I fuck em up. If not Ill grow more

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

ive been using dutch master silica my entire grow... no problems at all

R

RMCG

I haven't seen any problem with using it in the UC either.

If you are going to use it as pH up, keep in mind the amount that you are using. You may need to use 'real' pH up as you get close to the 'recommended' amount of silica.

Also, it is Potassium (0-0-15) I think ?

"However most people are quite careless about the way in which they apply this “liquid glass” since they are mostly unaware of the very sensitive equilibrium that takes place to maintain silicate ions in solution. Silicates are by definition very insoluble and the acidic pH in hydroponics is bound to cause some precipitation of different reaction products of this ion with other ionic species present within the hydroponics solution. The silicate ions can also form silicic acid and start to polymerize into complex macromolecular constructs. As a matter of fact, several studies do include information about the problems with drip systems, sprinklers, nozzles, etc, when using silicate ions since they tend to precipitate easily outside the hydroponic solution.

I would suggest – and so I have done with my own systems – that it is better to apply small quantities of silicate ions every 2-3 days, instead of applying a large amount during the beginning process. Applying a large amount of “liquid glass” (the 100ppm for example) would most likely end in most silicate falling out of solution and only a small part becoming available for plant absorption. I believe that the best thing to do is apply about 5ppm (measured as SiO2) every 2-3 days until the solution needs to be changed. This provides both higher stability and a better control over the solubility of this tricky ion within the hydroponic solution.

Of course this is purely anecdotal evidence and no controlled study has yet shown this to be better. If you want to obtain results as those of the scientific literature available then applying the 100ppm on every reservoir change might be the wisest thing to do."

Additional reading supports the multiple times per week dosing vs. initial res change as it really does start to fall out in ~24 hours.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Well the only time I really need ph up is when Im mixing fresh nutes. After that I usually dont have to add any ph up or down to the system. If I do its usually time to flush. Lately I been flushing every two weeks to keep everything fresh and equal balance and the plants are loving it.
Update next post
BG

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Day 1 bloom BS 2.2 X OG

I moved the veg plants into the bloom room yesterday
PPM 600 ph 5.9
I added 1/2 cup of each base,grow and bloom trifle. I also added 40 ml RE 180 ml aquashield 40ml of silica and 60 ml of cal-mag. It brought it to 700 so I dumped some out and refilled with ro water making it 600ppm.

Here they are before the move
poofy_001.JPG

Some roots
bs2_2_008.JPG

poofy_010.JPG

poofy_012.JPG

poofy_011.JPG

After the move and a little trim
poofy_013.JPG

poofy_015.JPG

And heres a shot of today
poofy_022.JPG

I also put new clones in the veg room busy day
Pics on next post
BG

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Day 1 veg in UC Frostitute

PPM 300 ph 5.9
I also dunked all the clones roots into the great white. I also fished a few roots threw the netpots.

poofy_018.JPG

poofy_019.JPG

poofy_020.JPG

Heres how high I run the water level at transplant
poofy_021.JPG

Enjoy
BG

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

They sure do I keep em about 8" above the plants. They do grow a lot faster under 1ks tho

U

UNVME

wow BG those newly vegged girls that just made it into the bloom room look amazing!! good work dude!

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Thanks man
Im really liking the triflex and so are the plants. To bad there not making it anymore. Im gonna have to stock up on a shit load.
BG

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
You got the perpetual UC cycles down like clockwork BG! :rock

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Thanks guys
Shady its been a head ache getting it in line but I think I finally got it. The only other thing I was thinking of doing was pre veggin in a tray top feed, but shit look at them clones I think they'll be fine getting them that big in the cloner than straight to the UC.
BG

S

SofaKingHigh

Your spot must smell dank with all that's going on now.

Keep the pics coming, they're looking dialed.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Yes it does
I just picked up a new filter last week shit was stankin

Top Bottom