Caged

• Thread starter Amber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What kind of support are you using for your UC?

• Total voters
Amber

Amber

DSC02522
DSC02524
DSC02526
DSC02527

K

kuz

looks tight. Are those light reflectors a new addition for you and how far apart are you spacing them?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Nice room Amber, I would suggest you consider changing a couple things.

Looks like your using CO2 so you should move your air pump out of the room. CO2 is heaver than air and your pump will suck it in and two things will happen, your pump seals will fail sooner and you will be pumping CO2 into your buckets which can be toxic.

The other thing is always have your air pump higher than you water level. If the power goes off the water in the buckets will back siphon through the pump and you will have water everywhere.

Amber

Amber

Nice room Amber, I would suggest you consider changing a couple things.

Looks like your using CO2 so you should move your air pump out of the room. CO2 is heaver than air and your pump will suck it in and two things will happen, your pump seals will fail sooner and you will be pumping CO2 into your buckets which can be toxic.

The other thing is always have your air pump higher than you water level. If the power goes off the water in the buckets will back siphon through the pump and you will have water everywhere.
I ran my CO2 outside of the room on the last run and moved it back in after talking to CCH2O and in there experience they had found no ill effects. Recommended us bringing them back into the room so that the hoses were not so long therefore cutting down on friction and heat. As far as raising them up yeah your right just have not really got around to it yet. Good looking out though. Our roots are amazing so far this time and have had the CO2 at 800-900ppms since the beginning. Have you had experience with the CO2 being toxic to the roots or is that just the word on the street? Thanks.

sixstring

sixstring

unless your res is airtight you will have tons of co2 on your roots at all times if you use co2 lol.this is something I only read about here at the farm but I don't know where it came from.your grow room is freakin awesome amber,im jelly:)

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Hells yea makes me feel the need to seriously step my game up n get my shit together!

ttystikk

ttystikk

1500ppm of CO² is still 0.15% of atmospheric content- and there is always some, even if you're not adding any. It's just one more factor that gets compensated for when we adjust pH. My guess is that its effects are generally minor.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

Yes I stole this idea from Papa. :) It works great. I was skeptical at first but Papa convinced me. SOOOOO good for cleaning time I don't have to wrestle those big cages around.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Hey guys girls whoever sorry to get off topic but i noticed alot of dwc heads in here..
One quick question and im hopeing one of u may be able to help out but im haveing a serious problem with whte flies..
Is there a safe systemic pesticide that i can put in my res that you know of to help kill these flys larvea they feed on leaves..? Anything will help im quickly loseing this battle!

Natural

Natural

Hey guys girls whoever sorry to get off topic but i noticed alot of dwc heads in here..
One quick question and im hopeing one of u may be able to help out but im haveing a serious problem with whte flies..
Is there a safe systemic pesticide that i can put in my res that you know of to help kill these flys larvea they feed on leaves..? Anything will help im quickly loseing this battle!

Nothing systemic that I know Paper...except that they usually go hand in hand with phosphorous and magnesium deficiencies..in which case Epsom Salts would help. BUT with any pest problem prevention is the ultimate defense.
White fly predators and spraying will keep them away in the beginning stages. You should start with seaweed foliar and alternate with insecticidal soaps before they get a chance to populate.
You can vacuum them off at this point like a spider mite and try an insecticidal soap and alcohol spray. (1 tbsp of insecticidal soap...cup of 70% alcohol..1 quart of water). Spraying under leaves well.
Last resort is pyrethrum..even though it is from a flower and breaks down quickly..it is usually mixed with something else not so organic...and I wouldn't recommend dosing the whole garden with it.

Amber

Amber

1500ppm of CO² is still 0.15% of atmospheric content- and there is always some, even if you're not adding any. It's just one more factor that gets compensated for when we adjust pH. My guess is that its effects are generally minor.
Exactly

Amber

Amber

I have not actually had to deal with whiteflies but I think that Capulator would be the got to guy on the subject maybe a top feed or foliar feed. Might have to hit em hard first and they do develop a tolerance to chemicals so mix it up. Then get your microbrial life back to par with the benes but really I'm not sure I have never had em. Hopefully someone else will chime in on that for ya. Capulator?

K

kuz

I missed the hanging cage, got any pics?
thinking about a cage/trellis hanging might work well. a 2 foot deep cage, run all the tops through the trellis or a double trellis

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I ran my CO2 outside of the room on the last run and moved it back in after talking to CCH2O and in there experience they had found no ill effects. Recommended us bringing them back into the room so that the hoses were not so long therefore cutting down on friction and heat. As far as raising them up yeah your right just have not really got around to it yet. Good looking out though. Our roots are amazing so far this time and have had the CO2 at 800-900ppms since the beginning. Have you had experience with the CO2 being toxic to the roots or is that just the word on the street? Thanks.

I have no personal experience with the toxic effect on the water, this was a problem another grower experienced. I don't have my air pumps in the room for other reasons like heat so outside they go. I also run my air line through my chiller barrel to cool the air.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

FOLIAR PACK is good for whitefly. You can put it in the water and spray when RH is high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom