Caged

• Thread starter Amber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What kind of support are you using for your UC?

• Total voters
Alice D

Alice D

It's not Water culture but it is OG! Thought you might like to check it out. 2-3 per can't complain about that. I'll see you later.

Alice D

Alice D

so whats the setup in that room as far as water?tell me you don't have amber watering those by hand lol.nice sea-o-shrubz guys.
No not this time but these rooms have 48 plant sites in each in the 3 gallon fill and drain green trees buckets. 100 gallon resevoirs averaging about 4-5 oz a plant. Fire OG and triple OG. The bio waves IDK there is one in each room witch if it were all me I say one in one room and the other without to see the difference if there is one. Not exactly my cup of tea but it's not my call. Ambers been working everything out at the homestead and I'm sure your familiar with her work. Usually flawless but just thought I'd share the bio wave pics and some bigger tomato cages but smaller cages than what we're used to. Everything is a give and take. There doing around the same per light as a UC,3# but almost 10x the plants.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Your girls are looking great!! Where is your EC sitting now? You are using RO right? So pretty!!

Amber

Amber

Things are looking GREAT in there. I love how green everything is, very pretty ladies. Do you do any trimming, whether below the skirts or fan leafs? If so how often do you defoliate and when do you clean up under the skirt? This run I have not removed any fan leafs, I just tuck when I can but I did trim down under, just not as much as I did in the past... Do you run boosters and Cal Mag in your top off or just a@b? I did notice a nicer look, when running a hot top off when I kept my mix that I made in the UC in the top off minus everything but the a&b. This kept my top off at a lower ec but I noticed much more uptake of water daily, a nice ec drop and a healthy ph rise more consistently. Like you I also ran my top off at a lower ph than my UC. Thanks for the update...
We did trim up the skirts not too much but some. Just one time about a week ago.
DSC02773

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

My girls have seemed to like the ro top off. I'm thinking about running a low ec top for the next two weeks then back to ro for the rest of the run. I was thinking a little hot for the swell and stacking weeks. I would have done it in week 4 but that nitrogen toxicity made me stay low with ro top off.

Alice D

Alice D

My girls have seemed to like the ro top off. I'm thinking about running a low ec top for the next two weeks then back to ro for the rest of the run. I was thinking a little hot for the swell and stacking weeks. I would have done it in week 4 but that nitrogen toxicity made me stay low with ro top off.
Ya Freedum your room is looking really good like yours Our girls seem to like the RO top off also and after talking with Q9 this is what he recommended so been going with it and everything happy. When you use your top off with nutes do you just use A&B or do you add bloom boosters of any kind? Also do you use cal mag all the way till flush or do you use less to none as the swell stage switches? Thanks for any feedback. I have noticed when peeking in at the roots the ones above the water line are a little brown witch I don't like to see but hoping it's just a little staining from crown feeding with tea. Maybe I'm using to much worm castings when brewing. I usually use a nice size handful per gallon in a nylon. The roots below the water line are nice and white fuzzy. Have had only good ph rise a point or two a night so that's good but last water change out I got a slight smell of a dirty pond. Never good but it was about 9-10 days before change out that time since was out of town for awhile. Got some of CC new products on the way for testing. A little late for their mag boost this run but will like to see how their late bloom booster works out. They recommend the last 2 weeks before flush. We will post some pics in the next few days.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I haven't ran my top off hot in a year, only RO. For the couple years prior I always ran hot. I started out putting everything that was in my stew in my top off and ran it even with a lower ph, then I did the same but cut the heat in half, after a test run I switched to only A&B (half of what was in UC) in my top off, with booster only in weeks 3-4 at half strength and saw the best results. My first run that I did running all hot was killer but I know I had two weeks that they would of rather been hit light. I think it's strain dependent and really knowing how the strain you are running plays in the UC. After talking to Q9 I stopped my hot top off and went to RO mainly cause I haven't settled in on a "perfect" fit for me and the UC. Once I nail a strain I want to run for a solid year I think I will be back to playing with a heated top off. I would like to have detailed notes of my girls eating habits and at what times they like what. That way I can tend to their needs in the top off with some knowledge of my ladies and not just hot all the way around. Until I run the same girls 3 times in the UC I just play in RO with heated add backs once maybe twice a week.
I run only 1ml of Cal Mag in flower and I did not add it in week 5. I might hit them in week 6 if I think they want it but I'm usually done with it after week 4. I have taken it through week 6 but I have not ran it all the way.. I would bet the discoloration of the roots is from crown feeding. I gave up on caring about the whiteness of my roots as I do use things like tea and or Nirvana that stain my roots. I have had just as good results with stained tan roots as bright white as long as they were healthy and liked their stew. That Nirvana stains them everytime, it also makes them explode with happiness too.. ;) I really want to get into a better foliar and crown feeding program, now I only do it here and there. Do you foliar feed? Crown feed with anything other than tea?

T

tipper619sd

Hey buddy how ya doing. Took down one of the abandoned girl scouts today.

going good i sure wish i would have been able to get to her soooooo bummmed out about that but i do have the 4 i got going they flower very fast and dont really stretch in flower . I need to plan a trip up that way soon. Maybe come by and burn a few and say hey. Wanna plan a trip to the bay soon also .

Capfan

Capfan

There is a 5 1/2 ft wire fence at the depot, 2x4 squares i cut them out to 4x4 or 6x6 squares, about 800 cuts or so a cage, ugh..but its all done..

Latest posts

Top Bottom