Cali Legal!!! Wtf We Do Now

• Thread starter Cali clouds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancdank

mancdank

To be honest unless you have mucho dinero the mom n pop boutique growers are going to have a rough time surviving as the deep pockets gain control of this regulated market. But with that said I also believe well grown boutique weed will always have a home in the black market. Due to the fact that as this industry grows (no pun) with all the regs and added taxes a lot of folks will still purchase their meds from underground growers.

Dont forget about how things went when alcohol prohibition ended, this will be no different. There will be the big boys that will be able to lobby the hawks on the hill and there will come a time that personal grows will be treated like the "revenuers" treated moonshining back in the day.

In closing, I think it is sad indeed that many of us that risked it all for decades to get where we are at today almost now will have to handle over the keys to the kingdom while others get filthy rich from all of our blood, sweat, personal freedoms, prison terms and tears and wont even get a thank you.

Heres a quote from someone in the black market cannabis side I liken this all too. Cannot remember the quotee sorry.

“It’s almost like you invented something and you’re holding it in your hand and some big bully comes along and takes it out of your hand and says, ‘Thank you very much for all your hard work,’'
Yea bro and we all know what happens to said bully he gets kicked in the nuts and the head stuck on the cunt all of this will happen if u allow it too u guys should get onto bulldog tactics

Blaze

Blaze

Bottom line is everyone in the cannabis industry in California should have seen this coming for a loooong time if they were paying attention. The narrow defeat of pop 19 in 2010 was a big wake up call, or at least it was for us. California was the last state on the entire West Coast not to legalize, it was never a question of "if" but when. We have had a lot of years to prepare for this.

When MCRSA passed over a year ago it should have been pretty damn obvious that there was a strong possibility that full legalization was going to happen by 2016 or 2018. Even if it did not happen with prop 64, the medical cannabis industry was going to become regulated, one way or another by 2018. It baffles me that some people act like this just snuck up on them out of nowhere.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Well if the 1% and the Government think they can take over the market they are going to be surprised! To many people who have know how out there just waiting to flood the market with free weed . They won't be able to make any money and there attempt to control the market will fail.

You think so? Sad truth is they have all the say you can Riot,scream, do what ever.
They just will impose stricter by laws and choke you out of the scene. its matter of time
I personally think eventually each state will have 1 - 5 commercial businesses that will only be allowed to sell to dispensaries.
where Tax dollars are monitored and very tight regulations
The price of MJ will drop due to the fact that these places will be huge out door farms and green houses , moving away from indoor growing all together being more economical,
and cost efficient.

Don't kid your self the gov knows where the pot industry will be in 5 years time there just playing stupid
Its going to be big business and sorry unless you have millions of dollars your not in this game

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Tuolumne county just banned commercial growing today. Looks like I will have another 500k to spend, since I will be selling my house and moving to another county most likely. I will give it one more city council meeting, while I fix up my house. If they don't change their tune, they will be missing out on around 1,000,000 dollars from me alone.

Adapt or die, looks like spring will bring me a new place to grow.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

This is no surprise to me. I had 500$ on it going legal. I now that not only is it legal and regs are coming but we will just continue to see more and more regs as the years go buy.
I have looked at alot of the taxes that the cities are coming up with and they are greedy bastards. I know that as long as cities propose $50/sf tax on canopy per harvest, that they will ensure the success of the black matket. At very least the ubber greedy regulators will prevent the price from falling with taxes and bs permitting/inspection nonsense. I know what it costs me to grow a p, and it is far less then what I can grow a p for paying nonsense. Don't get me wrong, as soon as one of my attempts come through at being legitimate, I will jump on it.
I guess when I started this thread the title was a lil misleading. It was no surprise. All the opinions and views are definitely interesting to hear. I am looking forward to seeing alot of the fat get trimmed from the industry, like super lazy, no brain, street hustlers only surviving because of the lack of regulation and good profits. I just hope that I have done enough up to not become the fat that I'm talking about. Good luck to all the hard working farmers out there . Hopefully the deserving ones will get what they should.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Tuolumne county just banned commercial growing today. Looks like I will have another 500k to spend, since I will be selling my house and moving to another county most likely. I will give it one more city council meeting, while I fix up my house. If they don't change their tune, they will be missing out on around 1,000,000 dollars from me alone.

This is what you voted for right? Better to do It now instead of a mid spring ban lol

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
This was a very big grab by the already rich to regulate the market and is a take over of the industry from Mom and Pop growers by industry and corporations . It will have an Ill effect on almost ever grower and consumer. While very little was gained, much was lost. Did we learn nothing from other states that we had to follow suit? Yes now you can grow 6 plants, if your a land owner or allowed by your land lord. If the county or city allows you to. Yes you can have up to an ounce on you instead of being fined up to $100 ( if you don`t have a recommendation). But you can still go to jail if you have more than two and you can sill get that ticket for between one and two ounces ! You are still allowed up to a pound with a recommendation from your doctor. In reality how many people who rent or live in apartments will bother to grow there allowed six ? Even 6 plants need constant care and that means being there and having the time , every time they have a need. Most will still buy and now they will have to travel to areas that do allow dispensaries and pay a higher amount with taxes increased to get there legal weed ! This won`t stop black market at all, it might make prices go up however because the legal market prices will go up with added taxes. People will go to jail, and now will pay more fines and higher prices as well. We just took big leaps backwards and we haven`t even had time to stop patting ourselves on the back yet! But hey some people will get even more rich, just not you and I .

Great post Mark!

On a side note, I tried to pop 5 of the gods gift you gave me a couple years back and I got one to pop! So Stoked. Do you have any idea how old they were when you gave them to me?

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
This is what you voted for right? Better to do It now instead of a mid spring ban lol

No, I voted against it. I just choose not to bitch too much, and move on with the choice my state made. I can either bitch and moan, or move on and compete. My choice.

I voted against it because it had some aspects that went directly against my morals. Like the tobacco tax. I don't smoke, nor do I care how much smoking breaks the pockets of others. However, when you have an already 6$ pack of cigarettes, where 4$ goes to taxes already, another 2$ tax is just ridiculous, and boarders on a ban through regulation. Always work back to your morals when in doubt.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

I "liked" this post because of your attitude, not because of what Tuolomne did. But I immediately thought of you when I read about it.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Thank you Seamaiden. It truly was a devastating blow. I am a wreck today. Didn't sleep. Can't look my family in the eye. For the first time in a long time, I don't have a plan. Working on it, but dam, I am on the canvas right now. Like so many others.

mancdank

mancdank

Thank you Seamaiden. It truly was a devastating blow. I am a wreck today. Didn't sleep. Can't look my family in the eye. For the first time in a long time, I don't have a plan. Working on it, but dam, I am on the canvas right now. Like so many others.
Commercial grows u say ? maybe split it up into what they class as personal grows and get a few people together for the names on tickets I ain't too sure how it would work but might be worth a look into so u don't have to up root as quick it will be a few more wheels to grease but at least u will have a wheel to grease and will give u some time to get things together for a move

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Commercial grows u say ? maybe split it up into what they class as personal grows and get a few people together for the names on tickets I ain't too sure how it would work but might be worth a look into so u don't have to up root as quick it will be a few more wheels to grease but at least u will have a wheel to grease and will give u some time to get things together for a move

The wife and I have talked about routes like this. No offense at all, and thank you for the time to recommend something that might help me out. However, I say this is more of a way to make money for another year or two, but just to survive. 5 years, with that approach or similar ones, I will be left in the dust. My wife thinks I am wrong. I am a nuclear bomb of negativity right now. I am poo pooing everything, lol.:crying2:

mancdank

mancdank

The wife and I have talked about routes like this. No offense at all, and thank you for the time to recommend something that might help me out. However, I say this is more of a way to make money for another year or two, but just to survive. 5 years, with that approach or similar ones, I will be left in the dust. My wife thinks I am wrong. I am a nuclear bomb of negativity right now. I am poo pooing everything, lol.:crying2:
I disagree with the negativity your coming across obstacles in your head and fixing them before the reality version ruins things I always make the moves in my head more than once before I commit that's not negative it's learning from experience more than anything I'm sure u will find the answer imo this is a game that needs to be well thought out and when that's done move hard and fast until job done and cash is in the bank

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

why not just grow your own medicine forget about this venture, Maybe upgrade for work and get back at it open up some other business
What i mean is please do not get me wrong but this should not be the main income but secondary income you know Holiday money etc.
You need to regroup and look for other means of income. least that is what i would do

Growing this plant should never of been about growing tons and making a profit its about the love of it as well health end . That so many claim it does.

Personally to many people jumped on the train spent there life savings when there still was no full picture
All this marijuana has done is create instability through out the whole field of it

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

why not just grow your own medicine forget about this venture, Maybe upgrade for work and get back at it open up some other business
What i mean is please do not get me wrong but this should not be the main income but secondary income you know Holiday money etc.
You need to regroup and look for other means of income. least that is what i would do

Growing this plant should never of been about growing tons and making a profit its about the love of it as well health end . That so many claim it does.

Personally to many people jumped on the train spent there life savings when there still was no full picture
All this marijuana has done is create instability through out the whole field of it

If there is a multi billion dollar market, and there are above average profit margins with no big corporate players with major market share yet, then why just roll over and give it away. If you put 60 hrs a week into anything, then why would you not hope to make a full time income? You say this should be for the love of the plant and not the money. I forget who said it but have you ever heard the saying "find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life". I believe that that is what alot of us have done. If everyone just grew to make Christmas money the market would run out of product or guarantee the market get taken over by big business.
I know that the majority of us will no longer exist, but some of us will make it and I bet the smart ones make it big.

mancdank

mancdank

If there is a multi billion dollar market, and there are above average profit margins with no big corporate players with major market share yet, then why just roll over and give it away. If you put 60 hrs a week into anything, then why would you not hope to make a full time income? You say this should be for the love of the plant and not the money. I forget who said it but have you ever heard the saying "find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life". I believe that that is what alot of us have done. If everyone just grew to make Christmas money the market would run out of product or guarantee the market get taken over by big business.
I know that the majority of us will no longer exist, but some of us will make it and I bet the smart ones make it big.
Agreed :) last time I checked it costs more for a gram of high grade than it does for a gram of gold now I ain't no buisness man but fuck my mum always told me money doesn't grow on trees and she was right gold does with the right mind set and a true love for ganja there is serious potential. at the end of the day all this panicking is wasting energy where exactly are these big buisness types suddenly come up with enough growers to fill this market ? u guys have a serious opportunity u should grab it with both hands and don't let go or u will be that guy sat there saying how he could have done this and that if only!

Top Bottom