Cali Legal!!! Wtf We Do Now

• Thread starter Cali clouds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NightsWatch

NightsWatch

I Agree totally, but lets face some hard truths
how many people you know that actually went to a registry place and started up a marijuana business, legit.
Let alone have property Zoned for Agricultural business . Let alone licensing not just to grow marijuana . insurances an other things involved.
just because a person has 6 acres or what ever does not mean they can do it legally lots of by laws etc
Shit i own a farm and yet zoned partial areas for new home development, 6 acre homes there not zoned for agricultural or live stock.

Its just not ok i am going to start up this grow spend 500 bucks on seeds and another 100o bucks on material and fire up a business in this industry
TBH unless a person has min million dollars for land material licensing and other shit
There dreaming
let me guess here probably some of the laws will include proper fencing how much you think it would cost put up a security fence on lets say 5 - 10 acres let alone other things that must be in place ??? Crop insurance like above post said MJ is trading higher the Gild :) what do you think crop insurance might cost.
Specially first year growing being a high risk

Then we have mother nature who the hell knows what she will throw at you
You own water rights on the said property
that can be another serious issue all together

The god dam list goes on and on and also starting costs many will be in the red before end of the year let alone hope to break even .

You ever wonder why there are more farmers retiring then new farmers coming in ??? because there bankrupt by 2nd or 3rd year

And banks do not like to loan money on high risk anymore .
I been tryin to sell over 200 hectares now for almost 2 years not to many people with over 25 percent min bank will look at at down payment on Big money property
At the point of just leasing land to other farmers or rezoning it all together another `20 years city limits will be close to farm great for my kids not so great for me in the meantime :)

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
why not just grow your own medicine forget about this venture, Maybe upgrade for work and get back at it open up some other business
What i mean is please do not get me wrong but this should not be the main income but secondary income you know Holiday money etc.
You need to regroup and look for other means of income. least that is what i would do

Growing this plant should never of been about growing tons and making a profit its about the love of it as well health end . That so many claim it does.

Personally to many people jumped on the train spent there life savings when there still was no full picture
All this marijuana has done is create instability through out the whole field of it

Cause man, I worked in the trades for 15 years. I am still a certified electrician and journeyman carpenter. However, you know how many fucking holes I have dug, how many basements I crawled, how much sewer pipe I cut into and repaired? I want to prevail in the cannabis business because it's my passion, and the laws have opened up. I will peruse my dream, till my last penny is spent, or I take my last breath.

The real question, why do you feel you need to control the whole world, and tell them how to grow, and how much. You kind of seem like my local government, and I have way too many idiots that know nothing about anything telling me what to do. Kind of sick of that mind set. (from the local government, not you)

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I Agree totally, but lets face some hard truths
how many people you know that actually went to a registry place and started up a marijuana business, legit.
Let alone have property Zoned for Agricultural business . Let alone licensing not just to grow marijuana . insurances an other things involved.

Thousands of people. In Calavaras alone, 750 people bought permits.

mancdank

mancdank

Cause man, I worked in the trades for 15 years. I am still a certified electrician and journeyman carpenter. However, you know how many fucking holes I have dug, how many basements I crawled, how much sewer pipe I cut into and repaired? I want to prevail in the cannabis business because it's my passion, and the laws have opened up. I will peruse my dream, till my last penny is spent, or I take my last breath.

The real question, why do you feel you need to control the whole world, and tell them how to grow, and how much. You kind of seem like my local government, and I have way too many idiots that know nothing about anything telling me what to do. Kind of sick of that mind set.
Lol I've been a electrician for many years also I would rather grow ganja that's for sure :)

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Lol I've been a electrician for many years also I would rather grow ganja that's for sure :)

I used to trim triple phase primaries for a power company at ski area's. Braided alumnium i think they were? Watched a masshole drop a 40 foot hemlock onto a and b primaries allowing them to touch like lovers for the first time...........I DONT EVER WANT to experiance that again! I have the utmost respect for guy who mess with power. Saw a green/blue arch that was about the size of a city bus.........dropped power to all of eastern northern vermont for a bit too sadly........but yeah man i thought there were 777 howie shells being launched at me lol@!

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
  • At sprint, they have all their equipment below where the bus bar that ran through the building. When running power, or other work, you would be right on top of the bus bar carrying 600v three phase. You would have to tape the tools to your bags, and NEVER DROP them or else they would end up in the bus bar. Never saw it happen, but an AC guy dropped his snips, and BOOM!!! The after math was incredible, melted metal everywhere, plasma burns, millions in damage. Electricity ain't nothing to mess with.

saltwater

saltwater

I honestly don't think medical will change much. In Oregon we have medical and rec. yes there are tons of dispensaries and all but most people still get their product from local growers . Because dispensaries are expensive and the product usually isn't top notch. I don't see it being that bad of a problem. I don't think people are going to move to Cali just for medical marijuana.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The wife and I have talked about routes like this. No offense at all, and thank you for the time to recommend something that might help me out. However, I say this is more of a way to make money for another year or two, but just to survive. 5 years, with that approach or similar ones, I will be left in the dust. My wife thinks I am wrong. I am a nuclear bomb of negativity right now. I am poo pooing everything, lol.:crying2:
I just spoke with some NORML people who were there, they're saying this is temporary. They can't say how long, either.
What i mean is please do not get me wrong but this should not be the main income but secondary income you know Holiday money etc.
This is the method that was recommended to me, though the person who outlined the idea put it a little differently. He said one person of the couple needs to have a "real" job. Funny thing is that he's now licensed and positioned under MCRSA, getting positioned under 64 should be pretty easy for him at this point.
Thousands of people. In Calavaras alone, 750 people bought permits.
Yes, but right now that's the vast minority. And you know what DeBlasio did to a permitted operation, right? Cleaned them right the fuck OUT.

Just be careful, whatever you decide to do and hopefully you can make use of the resources at your disposal. :)

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Almost every state around me has some sort of Legalized rec usage they are passing............This last gov is going out on his ass.............I watch what happens now over where you guys are very carefully, cause ya know we got a couple(maybe more) lawmakers here that came from california and look to you guys for examples to follow here, in some ways it scares the shit outa me honestly! I trust you guys and your concerns here ALOT more than a lawmaker who changes mindsets like the weather up here.

Blaze

Blaze

Thank you Seamaiden. It truly was a devastating blow. I am a wreck today. Didn't sleep. Can't look my family in the eye. For the first time in a long time, I don't have a plan. Working on it, but dam, I am on the canvas right now. Like so many others.
The ban was temporary though, right? I wouldn't be so fast to jump ship yet. You never know how it will all turn out, Mendocino looked like it was going down the same road then practically overnight it all changed. The collective model will still be in effect at least until 2018, maybe longer, you have over a year to figure all this out. A lot of people are scrambling right now and making big decisions and big purchases without having all the facts. I have a feeling a lot of them will end up regretting those decisions within the next year or two. Opportunities will always present themselves to those who are patient and determined, especially in times of crisis and turmoil.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
yup, once again you are right Blaze. The only thing I have to say in opposition to what you are saying is what about funding? Right now there is a mad dash in Vegas and Oakland for angel investing companies dishing out big bucks to those who can prove infrastructure, grow skill, state water board, state licencing, and country licencing. I was lobbying several companies, but without the county licencing you cant get the state licencing, there fore, no funding. You think those guys are going to wait around until 2018. I don't.

Other than that, you are right on the money once again, IMO.

Blaze

Blaze

yup, once again you are right Blaze. The only thing I have to say in opposition to what you are saying is what about funding? Right now there is a mad dash in Vegas and Oakland for angel investing companies dishing out big bucks to those who can prove infrastructure, grow skill, state water board, state licencing, and country licencing. I was lobbying several companies, but without the county licencing you cant get the state licencing, there fore, no funding. You think those guys are going to wait around until 2018. I don't.

Other than that, you are right on the money once again, IMO.
The issue of funding is complex and I have a lot of mixed feelings about it. Despite what the peanut gallery may yell about, investors are not always a bad thing. It is a very standard, common practice in all other industries to have an investor. I would argue that it is almost unheard of for a single person have the funding, know-how, vision, etc. to do it all themselves with any business venture. Even with illegal grows it is very common to have someone providing the property/infrastructure and additional funding while others do the actual gardening and labor. The only difference is that it is all under the table, rather than the funding coming from a legal source, like a real business or a private investor.

Keep in mind that just like any 'rush' a bubble will be created which will eventually burst. I can assure you that you, or I, or anyone else with boots on the ground in the legal cannabis industry will know more about where it is headed than any investor. There will be a lot of investors with money to burn that will throw a ton of money at new projects only to have them crash and burn. This has been very common in other states that have gone legal - so don't over extend yourself. When it comes down to it, California will be in turmoil for at least a year or two, and I would guess the legal cannabis industry really will not get it's feet under it until a few years after that. Be patient and bide your time, but be ready to move and move fast when you see an opening.

Obviously you don't want to get left in the dust, but don't make rash or stupid decisions just to be first in line to get that state permit. A lot of these big spenders are going to crash and burn precisely because they won't wait, and they will end up making big, risky, expensive decisions. Don't crash and burn with them.

mancdank

mancdank

The issue of funding is complex and I have a lot of mixed feelings about it. Despite what the peanut gallery may yell about, investors are not always a bad thing. It is a very standard, common practice in all other industries to have an investor. I would argue that it is almost unheard of for a single person have the funding, know-how, vision, etc. to do it all themselves with any business venture. Even with illegal grows it is very common to have someone providing the property/infrastructure and additional funding while others do the actual gardening and labor. The only difference is that it is all under the table, rather than the funding coming from a legal source, like a real business or a private investor.

Keep in mind that just like any 'rush' a bubble will be created which will eventually burst. I can assure you that you, or I, or anyone else with boots on the ground in the legal cannabis industry will know more about where it is headed than any investor. There will be a lot of investors with money to burn that will throw a ton of money at new projects only to have them crash and burn. This has been very common in other states that have gone legal - so don't over extend yourself. When it comes down to it, California will be in turmoil for at least a year or two, and I would guess the legal cannabis industry really will not get it's feet under it until a few years after that. Be patient and bide your time, but be ready to move and move fast when you see an opening.

Obviously you don't want to get left in the dust, but don't make rash or stupid decisions just to be first in line to get that state permit. A lot of these big spenders are going to crash and burn precisely because they won't wait, and they will end up making big, risky, expensive decisions. Don't crash and burn with them.
This guys speaks a lot of sense!

Top Bottom