Cali water shortage, What`s at stake for MMJ ?

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blaze

Blaze

The water shortage is all bullshit. It's just another way to increase the price of water. Everything else is going up, why not water?
Reminds me when Al Gore used to sell carbon credits for global warming.

Frymeme

Ar15

Ar15

I think we should go with the subsea pipeline from alaska. It would be a massive and extremely expensive project but it's our farming at stake don't we play a key role in agriculture for the USA?

Watch they're going to go with desalination plants and it's going to be creepy.

This has to be climate change...

Alaskan water for California?
http://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc39693/m1/14/

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
First off we do play a big role in some types of agriculture in the US and some food prices will go up. If we get water the veggies could be replanted the next season but tree crops that are pulled will take longer to get back to normal. If cities and counties conserve and we use what resources we have correctly we should get by as a whole but some sectors will get hit worse than others while many will have a harder time rebounding. Overall the State`s agriculture engulfs only 6% of it`s Gross Product(or what would be a GNP if we were a country) so water shortage or not Cali will continue to be a power house in not only the US economy but the world`s. There is no doubt that this water shortage will cause cannabis prices to rise here in the state as well as nation wide, Just how much depends on the weather in the next few months and the water supplies in different areas that produce the most cash crops. Some people`s well will run dry no doubt and city water will become expensive. People who have dependable and cheep water may make more and some people may not be able to grow or grow to completion. We will just have to see how it effects each one of us. I expect to hear some sad stories as well as some success stories next Fall.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yep ,although much of it will be chipped for power generation I am thinking there goes any chance of getting a good price for fire wood off my property when I clear it.

Ar15

Ar15

Central valley almond growers are already pulling out their orchards to sell off the lumber.

Ar15, interesting paper.
Thanks I would donate or help with the pipeline if I could. But I think the gov knows what's best for us... Or for "them".
Crazy Im visiting FAM in the valley now got rain today that's good.
I went to a Realtors office in calaveras looking an outdoor grow spot and the lady said she saw OD bans going on in the paper. Wonder if it has to do with the water shortage.

Do I have to move to Humboldt to grow od now?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Politically, no, they don't. I can't answer your question. I thought El Dorado still hasn't imposed any severe limits, but I could be wrong.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Butte County Supervisors tried to imposes stricter land use laws(again) but it looks like it`s going back to the voters again. There was a clear majority in favor of growers the last time it went to a vote of the people. With the new proposal having 5 times the needed signatures to get on the next ballet the land use law adopted by the County Supervisors is now suspended until the next vote. I was saying what was to stop them from agreeing to a compromise then just changing there minds, that`s just what they did! Hope this time around we can also add a recall to the agenda!!! They are clearly out of touch with the population of Butte County in many ways.

Looks like a shortage of water will be the big draw back in Butte County. Those that have a good source of well water may do ok but I suspect many wells will run dry towards the end of the season. A well doesn`t need to run fully dry to be a problem, if it starts to have a build up of salts and minerals that concentrate in the low water tables it becomes toxic to plants and animals.

below frigid

below frigid

I would think that if your not pumping your own water out of the ground in California I would think you are going to have water issues anywhere in California this summer.I work in for a restaurant water company told us that our $800 a month bill would increase 10 fold if we do not cut back

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yep supplied water and city water on meters is going to go up, up UP! Indoor will suffer as well as outdoor grown. I`m very surprised the prices of meds haven`t started to go up already. If it were an oil shortage just the idea of a shortage would be enough for speculation of higher prices! The flood is going to soon become a trickle throughout the western states!

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

We got a entire ocean of water, all cities and towns with in 100 miles should be using it as the main source.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I would think that if your not pumping your own water out of the ground in California I would think you are going to have water issues anywhere in California this summer.I work in for a restaurant water company told us that our $800 a month bill would increase 10 fold if we do not cut back
My son in law is in the Ag industry here in the central valley..He said lots of trees will die if they dont have wells to water them.
The well drillers are booked for months

I think there is some ground water to be had in the valley...just gotta drill for it..
I think they been saving that water for a time like this

below frigid

below frigid

My son in law is in the Ag industry here in the central valley..He said lots of trees will die if they dont have wells to water them.
The well drillers are booked for months

I think there is some ground water to be had in the valley...just gotta drill for it..
I think they been saving that water for a time like this
Ken from what I been told, the water pumped out of the ground in the valley is much lower quality than the water coming down the aqueduct. San Benito County anyway. I guess they have already been cut off.

M

Max Stone

I'm in the south valley..just seen Springfield started a two days a week watering and Visalia is at one day a week for now.

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

One day a week here too, wait tell summer comes, its going to be central death valley !!

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

I forgot to mention they are going to double the water bill for a new water plant soon.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Just got back from LA and it looks dry as a bone for this time of year.

G

gampopa2011

We will be reducing our useage to 25-30% here. I have been prepairing for this for a long time. Hoping for the El Nino next year. Years ago I used to haul water in 55 gal drums. Guerrilla farming days. Off the grid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom