Cali water shortage, What`s at stake for MMJ ?

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
DSCN0412
I been off the grid now almost 5 years. Still hulling my water from the spring in my truck. I use a 150 gal. water tank but hope to have a low profile 325 gal. water tank this year. I should have a pad in this year but not soon enough to plant their this year. Not a Guerrilla grow by any means though. yep, takes three trips or more a day with the 150 gal. water tank so lots of work. I have larger water tanks and a 12 volt pump now so it has cut down the work having a hose with pressure. Once I get set up on the pad near the water I hope to switch to solar from generator power. Have to hull fuel up the hill as well. Progress is slow but sure!

G

gampopa2011

Gasoline don't have shit on our water...I remember working at the reasearch facility in the central valley... The ranch foreman told me ..."we will never run out of water"... He thought I was nuts...They wasted so much water then in 89. El Nino we wait for you///

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I think I`ll skip using the containers to grow in this year. They have a low return for the water used. I only had plans of using them for replacement plants anyway. If it rains you need to move them under the tunnels and out again. They get in the way as there isn`t any extra room between the rows in there. Makes it hard to get around and water. I can get 60 plants in the rows under the tunnels and am allowed 66 in flower but 60 is enough. I`m planning on doing the screen of green this year and working on having less waste all around. So far I have Cherry Kush, Chemdog 91 x ToK and Cough Drop Kush started. I plan on running some Bubba Kush as well but we`ll see. was also thinking of some LA Con but we`ll se on that one as well.

G

gampopa2011

Whatever we can do to preserve what little water we have. I will use a few pots for small seed increases to work.

OMGgenitics

OMGgenitics

Rivers creeks etc are as low as I ever seen them up in so-hum. We went to storing the seasons water during rain season. That plus adding a 2'' to 4'' layer of oak leaf mulch over the top the holes to reduce evap along with a plastic liner with a 2'' lip to retain bottom flow has reduced h20 needs by 300 gallons a day or 33.3% this season........... But the real of it all is those that don't our cant store water pre season are in for hard times now and in the future... Drought news for the past 5 years points to stiff fines and a convenient excuse tax or worse the legal mmj farmer...

Stoke

Stoke

Just hope that the El Niño that's currently forecasted to form ends up being a strong one (80% chance El Niño forms by fall). El Niño's typically peak in the winter months. A strong one like in 1997 could pretty much make up for the lack of rain the past years. It's not all good though, there's a lot of destruction that comes from all the storms CA gets in a strong El Niño. We really need the water though.

OMGgenitics

OMGgenitics

Just hope that the El Niño that's currently forecasted to form ends up being a strong one (80% chance El Niño forms by fall). El Niño's typically peak in the winter months. A strong one like in 1997 could pretty much make up for the lack of rain the past years. It's not all good though, there's a lot of destruction that comes from all the storms CA gets in a strong El Niño. We really need the water though.
Stoke..your right....I've been checking the little baby forecast forsure..... Getting my towin & big boards ready for da big surf. ...I hope your right about replenishing 15 years of low rainfall.... My neighbor works for fish and game and he was running sum drag about if we got 5years of rain that it wouldn't help because the ground has dried up so much in the past 20 years that it won't ever be the same.... But what's da fish and game people know lol ...... We have 3 year round sources on our land but they are as slow as I've seen them but the baby will help and if we get lucky it will be like 69 or 82 and dump 30 40 days at a time. Peace tommy c omg.....

Stoke

Stoke

Stoke..your right....I've been checking the little baby forecast forsure..... Getting my towin & big boards ready for da big surf. ...I hope your right about replenishing 15 years of low rainfall.... My neighbor works for fish and game and he was running sum drag about if we got 5years of rain that it wouldn't help because the ground has dried up so much in the past 20 years that it won't ever be the same.... But what's da fish and game people know lol ...... We have 3 year round sources on our land but they are as slow as I've seen them but the baby will help and if we get lucky it will be like 69 or 82 and dump 30 40 days at a time. Peace tommy c omg.....

Yeah, I mean I don't know if it's going to completely heal everything even if we got a huge one, probably not, but it sure will help. I'm a surfer too. Got to love those El Niño years where the storms are plenty, and tend to form/move further south in the NPAC. I'm in SoCal, and a lot of breaks here love a West swell.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Ima (ex so cal) surfer that loves the little baby :)
Makes the offshore fishing better too ;)
baracuda and yellow tail 14 miles outa HB :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
A LOT of those companies are tapping aquifers. For example, out in Palm Springs area, Arrowhead and all of that--aquifers. Think Hinckley. ;)
That makes no sense when 2011 was one of the wetter years on record, and not long before that we had something like 30 consecutive days of rain in the Sact'o and foothills region. Sorry, but 20yrs?

Did you know that there are areas of the state that get 30" of rain during a normal year? Does that sound like a desert?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Sea; Are you saying we dont manage the rain fall well here in Ca?
if so, I agree

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We don't manage it AT ALL, and in fact not until 2012 did we have any kind of legislation that addressed capturing rainwater. A year after the last substantial rains.

What's funny is that a couple of weeks ago it was raining out in San Berdoo Co region so hard that it caused flash floods and killed some people. Flooded my folks' places out in Landers (near Joshua Tree/Yucca Valley).

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
We don't manage it AT ALL, and in fact not until 2012 did we have any kind of legislation that addressed capturing rainwater. A year after the last substantial rains.

What's funny is that a couple of weeks ago it was raining out in San Berdoo Co region so hard that it caused flash floods and killed some people. Flooded my folks' places out in Landers (near Joshua Tree/Yucca Valley).
Hugelike

I have always triped out when i hear about water shortages in one area and then see the flooding that happens in another..

Towns are out of water near me...How fucking stupid is that?
what the fuck is happaning to this world?

OMGgenitics

OMGgenitics

Yeah, I mean I don't know if it's going to completely heal everything even if we got a huge one, probably not, but it sure will help. I'm a surfer too. Got to love those El Niño years where the storms are plenty, and tend to form/move further south in the NPAC. I'm in SoCal, and a lot of breaks here love a West swell.
I grew up in Cardiff by the sea. And 82 lil baby closed out all but la jolly cove.... As far as water I have great faith in the earths ability to mend her self... El Niño is a good thing As long as it holds out until October 22nd LOL...peace....

M

Max Stone

I'm born and raised here in the Central Valley...been around the farmers and irrigation districts for most my life...dad was a ditch tender from the 60's to the 80's and I've seen the good and bad...there were years the water only flowed in the rivers until late june / early july and then there were years the water flowed until Oct.

This is the worst I've ever seen it so I did a little reading to see whats in store for us...I'll be frank...I think we are pretty fucked....it will take sevral years of above average rain fall and snow pack to get cali back on track...found a article on USA Today that states we only have 12-18 months of water left at current usage...in fact the article states the counties of LA...SD and Long Beach are showing a increase of water usage by 1-4%...

If we go back and look at what cali used to be...it was mainly desert and it shows the last 100 years was the wettest 100 years in the last 1000 years...

Keep your eyes open because this will impact much more the cannabis...just seen in the news...the Madera Ranchos now can only use water indoors as they lost a well and the pressure in almost nil...also seen the city of Tulare raising water rates by 3-5 bucks to allow for them to get one of their well a little deeper...currently at 300 feet and need to get to 450+ feet to hit water....also seen on the outskirts of porterville there several folks who's well were running dry....also seen in the news a couple had their water tanks drained by thieves...not once...but twice...

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
if my well went dry, Id be fucked, and have to let the bank have this place.
I dont think I could sell it without a well.:depressed:
Real Estate and banks in Cali would take another huge hit if wells start drying up:meh:

M

Max Stone

I grew up in Cardiff by the sea. And 82 lil baby closed out all but la jolly cove.... As far as water I have great faith in the earths ability to mend her self... El Niño is a good thing As long as it holds out until October 22nd LOL...peace....

I agree the earth is capable of mending and repairing itself...but with all the chemtrails I dont think there will be any hope for Cali...

Watch this video..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom