California: Historic Vote On Cannabis Regulation To Take Place On Tuesday, January 12

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pokerman

i'm kinda glad in a way that it didn't pass yet...it would of drove the market price down....

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It was a poorly written bill and I hope the next bill introduced is written much better.I would hope the age would go down to 18 years of age,the tax would go way down,the amounts you could grow and have would increase a lot more for starters.Also fees and fines should go way down and controls lessen very,very much! One of the big ones would be consistance in application of fair controls on local(city and county) goverments.I would hope some more control would be added to lessen the amount large corp. inities would be involved in growing and give a better shake to smaller user/growers for production and sales.It should address local zoning laws as well.If this law was written right it could help the economy by creating jobs and even with lower sales taxes income taxes and great savings in the costs of police,courts,and jails would help the state out without squeezing the little guy all the time.Even despenceries could benifit with less local controls they would be able to expand in area as well as serve both medical and non medical users.Portections such as no taxes added to sales for medical use and ease of access would benifit the sick who really need medication and can`t grow there own. The bill that was introduced was all about greed by it`s backers plain and simple!

S

supasticky

I think that people against pot, or PAPs(lol), are the last of a dying breed. People from older generations may look at marijuana as something that only criminals do, but you have to look at what they were saying 60-70 years ago about marijuana. They were saying if you smoke marijuana you will die. Plain and simple. All they did was bad mouth smokers. Everyone that grew up in and around that time was hearing the ridiculous things about marijuana to scare them into hating it and everyone who used it. That traveled all the way into the 50s, 60s, and 70s, until Cocaine took over for a while, but they still do marijuana propaganda today to try and scare people into being against it.

You look at the younger generations and you can see that everyone is finally starting to realize marijuana is not only safe, but medicinal. Just a few weeks ago I was talking to my little sister who's in 6th grade. She was telling me how her teacher was saying that all drugs are bad, except for marijuana; as long as you use it in moderation and are responsible and over the age of 18, marijuana is not bad at all. She then proceeded to tell me that she was pretty sure she was going to try it one day and that it seemed alright lol. I told her I felt the same way and that if she wanted to try it she should wait until after high school. That's what I'm talking about right there! Marijuana will be legalized one day, hopefully soon, I have no doubts about that.

IMO I would wait for a better bill and actually make sure you go out and vote NO on this bill if it makes the ballot because there will be a better bill soon.

-Supa

A

ARTofMAKINGfire

"little ghetto kids will be running around with blunts and acting like the idiots that they are. a HUGE surge of people will move and visit here. i guarantee our land prices will go up, and we wont have any land left after the flood of people arrive." ~ Sway

Damn. Cali kid! Relax. :wait: We don't want your land or your foolish examples of what not to be/do. You should think before you speak.

I hope you guys out there get what you want!

I'm grateful I live here.

The :party0033: from the East...

S

supasticky

"I guarantee our land prices will go up"-Sway

I hope so. shit my house dropped $200,000.00 since housing prices started going down. It's horrible and if it's going to make housing prices go up that means equity is also going up. cha-ching!!

I'm not for this bill, but I don't think that saying housing prices will go up is the best way to combat this bill.

-Supa

and ART your grow is mad :party0033: lol

I

inbud

I hope they get the next one right...or the one after that....
I am a Califorinia Med MJ grower, and the proposition is vauge enough, this legalizing it should be air tight, IMO.

As the Bay Area goes, So goes California, As California goes...so goes the Nation. Old California saying.

Brain

Brain

ab 390 is a sham

Those of you that have read the bill know what I'm talking about. It will not legalize it...rather it will regulate it to a point where only those with power and money will be able to obtain gov't approval to cultivate or sell it. The word legalize is no longer present in the bill. It has been replaced by regulate. This bill is a total sham. It a greedy plot to gain revenue for the state. Not that it will produce enough to help the state out of it's financial crisis. The way the state mismanages money there will always be financial issues when the economy takes a shit like has the last few years.

What does this mean for you hobby/small time/20k+ growers?

It will still be illegal. It will actually be even more illegal. Yikes is right. I can only speculate on whether or not there will even be a black market.

This bill is bad news. It is regulation at it's worst.

No, you won't be able to grow pot in your veggy garden unless you want your door kicked in.

Vote no on this bill if it reaches the ballot. It is not legalization. I'll say it one more time...IT IS NOT LEGALIZATION!

R

Rolln J

SB390 is a senate bill - the voters do not get to vote for it - the senate does...

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

They will never get it right legally. Fuck 'em and keep growin!

R

Revolt!

I totally agree with Sway. We are scared as hell up here in shasta and all over the triangle. This bill means DEATH to all of us vendors.

D

DUBSteppin

This shit needs to happen and fast or our country is fucked.

Brain

Brain

WAKE UP!!!!! The media is calling it legalization but it is not. Don't be fooled.

Some people just aren't getting it. THIS BILL IS WILL NOT LEGALIZE. It is a total money jack move by the state. It will still be restricted. They are simply trying to control something that is already controlled by the people. Who better to control this thing, us or them. I choose us. The state just fucks things up.

Googd news though. The bill has died.

Bad news. It will be reintroduced in the next session. Please spread the word that it is a sham.

And yes, we will have a chance to vote once it passes the assembly and the senate.

Don't take my word for it. Read the bill. It's all bad.

ScuzyRoach

ScuzyRoach

I have to agree w/ Sway on this one. Keep the greedy govt. out of things. W/ last yrs. Cal.Supreme Court ruling in favor of Dr./patient rights all is well here. You just need a Dr. willing to hand out good recommendations. Mine does 6 #'s dry and up to 90 plants in a 10x10 area. Remember everyone, Marijuana is only recommended not prescribed (ie. like a drug). Unless the Feds change marijuanas drug classification it cannot be legal in any state. Right now we can legally transport and sell/donate w/ fair compensation to any COLLECTIVE we choose to join.
Maybe the people in NORCAL should stop worrying and tell their friends to shut their fucking mouths when the TV shows come around looking for interviews. None of this shit was a problems till NatGeo and the like came around and every Tom Dick and Harry had to go around showing their big dicks. Instead of sticking your noses up to the govt. and saying look what we do and how much we make maybe just try acting like it is a private matter. Remember the 70-80's when everyone knew about Mendo and Humbolt but really didnt know shit.
I oppose all new california prop.'s in this area cause things are just perfect right now. Senate Bills cant change shit (SB 420 limits) Just watch out for any new Prop's because they are voted on by the PEOPLE and can change the way things are now.
Funny how the Feds will take our tax money for illegal things but will put us in jail if we dont pay. It goes all the way back to Al Capone. Busted for tax evasion not dist. liquor.

R

REGISTRD

All I know is if they legalize it, its probably best to say your goodbyes and get the hell outta california if you make a living off of it. its a damn shame. and all these people think its fuckin cool to smoke pot, so of coarse they support to legalize it. but no one thinks about the guys already doing this and feeding their families with it. or the huge social problems that will arise. all they think about is the fuckin money it will give the state. why dont they figure out how to MANAGE their money, then they wont need pot to bail them out

:yes Wow couldnt have said it better myself..
I can hear the frustration and rage in this paraphrase far to close than I wanted to. Fuck the state we need food on our tables!! :headbang There taking the only SACRED thing Known to mankind that will cause Other major problems but like you said Sway Its all about the FUcking MONEY to them!! FUck the middle class. Fuck the Poor Were the state were rich lets get richer... :headbang:headbang:headbang

B

bucketbot

Also guys don't forget that any law passed in Cali. or the US have much chance to be taken as an example for other countries in the world....Don't fuck it up for everybody ;)....

B

BlueRhino

Be Cautious...

At first legalization of cannabis in California sounds great, but unless there are guidelines set forth in SB390 to stop big business from coming in, a lot of small time farmers will be put out of business. The writers of the bill may/or may not care about this. I sure care... Has anyone asked?

BR

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
even if they do legalize it it will take years to get a steady supply system going. Cali isnt the only place supplying weed. we import tons of it everyday from other countries. you think some company is gonna just be able to set up all these warehouses overnight? they will need to secure genetics and people to grow them and run these plants, people like you the growers that are so worried about this. Its not like big company got a ton of growers on hand to grow this pot. I'm sure over time college degrees and all that will be required but for now "we" will have to do.

On top of that no one is forcing anyone to buy weed from these companies. No one is gonna stop you from growing your own. If your good at what you do, and have genetics no one else does you will shine thru. Think about the money breeders will be able to make. I think we will be fine for years to come even if these laws pass. you just got to adapt. when they stopped prohibition the bootleggers started their own companies. Seagram's, the kennedys still make money to this day off of Dewar's Scotch. Poeple like us will have it easier i think. whats stopping us from getting together and starting our own companies?

Latest posts

Top Bottom