California introduces bill to legalize pot

• Thread starter Highlander
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kill-9

People who grow insane amounts are businessmen. The business mind is on some other shit.

Peace.

*unsubscribes from thread*

C

cali2

How dare you wanna make a profit!! LOL If weed was legal I think there would still be a niche for smaller growers. Compare it to beer, you got shit like coors and budlight but look how many microbrews there are. If your growin acres and acres of plants your quality control wont be as tight as growing more managable amounts.My point is theres always gonna be a market for home grown specialty dank.

B

boxmunch9

wow that really took off. i heard the government weed in canada really blows and they jack the price up a ton from this company that grows for them on a 10million dollar a year contract. that would be my fear, that some big company would get the jobs and we'd all be smoken stale beasters joints with filters. haha i dunno i cant think that far ahead, legalize it, naaah, but decriminalization or national medical marijuana would be sweet.

Greyskull

Greyskull

I would want to follow the Samuel Adams path.... man if I could get the chance to do that. :character0103:

rips bowl of FFA :bong-hits:
anyone think ffa smells like a cross of nacho cheese doritos & cheese puffs? ha ha good smoke though....

Bring your child to work day would be interesting....
"so this is how we check the ph level of the plants food... plants are like people and some plants like spicy food and some plants like mild foods...."

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Karma won't get ya because if ya count the hours we put in to produce top grade meds we are losing money . We have restricted space and can only produce so much in it . Your true problem is with our state not backing the law not Greyskull or those like him .

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
I agree that prices would go down after a few years, but the demand would probably hold prices for bud and seeds for some time. After that i think the quality would level out and weed out all the bad growers. I will be shopping property as i think it might suprise you how fast this gets passed...The state needs the money and money always wins.......

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
If you think that's true you better buy property now because it will get way out of hand with this law passing . I think the state will have something written to keep people from flocking here to grow .

O

Obsoul33t

If you think that's true you better buy property now because it will get way out of hand with this law passing . I think the state will have something written to keep people from flocking here to grow .

every thread i read at different sites i keep hearing "im moving to cali to set up 100 light op if this law passes" .

honestly you'll be a jonny come lately if you do because there is already a massive canna infrastructure in place .

don't you all think that the huge ops in place already will out-produce anything you can move here to do . genetics here are nothing exclusive . i can't see someone saying well i'll just grow x and no one will have it and i'll corner the market or i grow better than the next guy lol ok sure

people talking silly like this have no idea .
you would have as much success as trying to go into the online book sales business against amazon , lol yea those odds are good

and yes prices of herb will plummet to the point that only the biggest ops can afford to be profitable.

would you be happy to sell your indoor lbs for $1500 ? figuring in the 50 dollar per ounce tax that equals 800 per lb.

if you don't think prices will drop to that level you really don't understand the cali marketplace . i can go get lbs right now in the $1800 range and right after the outdoor seasons harvest prices drop to 1200-1500 range from the bigger growers that are now producing 500-1000 lbs yearly .

now if it is legalized i see indoor prices dropping to the range between 1500-2000 per lb no matter how good you think your weed is , now take away the $800 per lb tax and factor in the other 30% or so your going to pay in income tax and this whole things sound a lot less profitable .

hate to be a wet blanket but that's reality

R

rottenjohn

Truth be told, legalization will truely drop the price and allow the cream to rise to the top in regards to the growers. Those that already have money invested and grows dialed in will be the ones that stick around and keep on producing. Lots of folks are into growing herb for the high profit margin that is built in with prohibition. Fact of the matter there would be less "crime" and we all know that politicians don't want to see any budgets shrink and arresting people for simple possession keeps these budgets in place.

The real problem I see is if cali gets money from the federal gov, thats basically selling your soul, or the states soul to the devil. I see the fed overriding the peoples will on basically any issue/law they want.

S

SenorMota

The real problem I see is if cali gets money from the federal gov, thats basically selling your soul, or the states soul to the devil. I see the fed overriding the peoples will on basically any issue/law they want.

They have done that exact thing, in the past and they will do it in the future.

or the Fed's could just hold Highway funding as Blackmail to prevent it happening like they did in the 80's to force states to raise the drinking age from 18 to 21.

O

Obsoul33t

another issue to consider are the other agencies that will move in and want their cuts ... the epa will surely want to regulate things such as where is that fertilizer being disposed of and tack on a disposal fee per gallon of drain waste and the fda will move in to regulate and license consumable products being sold to the public .
fees, licensing , testing , taxing, oversight these all sound very bad to me

not to mention other fees involved if your running a big op like employees wages , ssn payments , insurance , workmans comp and on and on and on .

this is a play to set the stage for big conglomerates to take over as i smell it.

i believe some of the big tobacco companies have already claimed tradenames such as kush and others ....

G

GDS StonerBoy

another issue to consider are the other agencies that will move in and want their cuts ... the epa will surely want to regulate things such as where is that fertilizer being disposed of and tack on a disposal fee per gallon of drain waste and the fda will move in to regulate and license consumable products being sold to the public .

not to mention other fees involved if your running a big op like employees wages , ssn payments , insurance , workmans comp and on and on and on .

this is a play to set the stage for big conglomerates to take over as i smell it.

i believe some of the big tobacco companies have already claimed tradenames such as kush and others ....

That would suck major ass! Do you think this effect could travel country wide? It would probably stop me from indoor growing all together if so. I'd just wait for the outdoor season as i do for vegetables. If this stays in cali it wont change the prices of pot further to the east because it'll still be just as hard to get ahold of as it is now. I do think they'll be a minor decrease in price but as we all know its who you know.

M

Medic

Introducing the legalizaion of marijuana would only cause more crime. First weed, then meth and heroin then the end of the fucking world.

Fuck the governent. It will pass ,then we all be fucked somehow because we didnt pay attention to the fine print. Government isnt out to help anyone. Besides Cannabis is meant for the enjoyment of ones own time with peolple old enough and responsible enough to enjoy its effects.. I would hate to see people firing shit up everywhere in front of the kids. To us stoner californians hip hip hooray, but think of the aftermath.
They will never legalize it. They have already spent billions demonizing the plant. I doubt that America will pass this considering all the bills, improsonment, D>A>R>E programs and funds that went to to help aid in the demonization of cannabis. NORML is a stoner committe. Government already put their shit in the shredder when NORML asked congress to take a look at the proposal I bet. Thats the American government for yah that runs on lies and deceit when originaly it was a great country, freedom for all under God Himself as stated by our forefathers.
Will never happen. Last time we tried they gave us a medical card.

Medic

Greyskull

Greyskull

thats why I think the price will go up some.... so all those knickknack taxes and fees and what not can be built into the costs.

Budweiser doesn't eat that shit... why should we?

B

boxmunch9

When I was in college my economics teacher blazed and he said that the government will never legalize marijuana because our GDP will fall. People can handle blazing and doing work to a degree, because you cant go out a lunch break and rip a bong( although I have at every single job ive ever had) but imagen if everyone did it, they would have to have a mandatory nap session. as for you outta states planning your 100 light go-ops, what are you waiting for you could be doing that now, assuming you have the 800,000 dollars to set it up

D

Donk Frog

Just as there are specialty cigar and premium tobbacco shops now even though you can buy mass produced tobacco everywhere. There will still be a demand for high conussiur grade pot and hash and the genetic pool would open up. Good breeders/growers could still find niches in a open market system, tax regulations or not

A

akaKGB

I believe legal or illegal there will always be a market for the newest cannasaur grade hybrids of unbelievable quality...just like smaller breweries produce higher grade ales so will the smaller grower...commercial grown could fetch decent money but will never compete with smaller, better maintained, cleaner, hydro setups whether legalized completely or not...as for the person that thinks if its legalized everybody would smoke..thats just not true...everybody likes different things whether alcohol, tobacco, caffiene, perscription meds...sure there will be a increase in people who smoke but not to the level you were implying bro....keep fingers crossed....KGB

G

greyfx

To me its not about money. I read some of your post and can tell you don't want it legalized. You don't want people moving to cali to grow ofcourse they are taking your business lol. The demand will increase once its legal. Remember not everyone knows about the good herb, once its legal more people will be willing to try it. Big companies will always have lesser quality I don't care what they grow. Also remember while half the nation may have tried weed, half the nation doesn't smoke weed on a regular basis. When it does and it will demand will increase and so will the producers.

Yea there will be regulations but its worth it. I don't like seeing innocent people thrown in jail. Whats more important to you freedom or money? We are the people and marijuana will be legal like it or not. There are people who are DEDICATED and I mean really dedicated. Give it a couple years the movement is here and will continue.

Like another person posted the smaller growers are gonna be the ones making the huge profits on the dollar, not the huge companies.

Top Bottom