Calling All Positive Good Karma Junkies

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Good morning fellow Farmer & friends. I post today with a heavy heart and am calling out for some positive vibes and well wishes. I have been struggling for some time now with life circumstances and could use some positive energy to help me stay hopeful.

I have been estranged from my only daughter for approx 15 years now. She is a meth addict, well let me rephrase that, she will do any drug she can get her hands on. Last fathers day she ended up in Banner Medical from a heroin overdose. She seems to have a propensity for finding the biggest loser in the bunch and always seems to end up in relationships with ex cons and of course active addicts.

The tough part of this whole thing is I know that I cannot force her to do the right thing as I believe that unless she is ready and sick n tired of being sick n tired she wont be receptive to the recovery process. I GET that. We all know the end results of addition with no recovery and its not pretty. She has a beautiful 2.5 year old that is my grand daughter and this whole thing is breaking my heart. CPS has already had a go at my grand baby as a result of my daughters behavior.

So yesterday after talking with her and my ex wife, Alicia stated she is willing to give a 30 day in patient a go. Keep in mind I/we have heard so many promises and half assed attempts to get her $$$$ together and the song remains the same. So I spent better part of the day yesterday on the phone looking for a place that would take her with no insurance as I nor my ex have any. I finally after a long day and a few tears found a place that not only will work with her on the no insurance issue they will also take the grand baby in also. See this was one of the excuses she uses saying that she cant be without Sophia for that long.

Long story short, I just got a text from her and she stated she is willing to give it a go based on having the baby with her during her treatment. I am hopeful initially, however there is a 1-2 week waiting period and no telling if she will have second thoughts later. At this point I just am asking the Creator to look out for her and hopefully she will make it into rehab. I just hope she is ready and is doing this for herself first and foremost. I let her know I support her 110% and will always take an active role in any counseling or treatment plan they come up with. I normally would not air my dirty laundry online but over the years you folks here at the Farm have become like a second family to me and I am looking for nothing more than a show of positive vibes and well wishes as the journey Alicia is about to embark is one of life or death. I believe in power in #'s. So I would love to hear some positive vibes and support from those of you so inclined. Man I hope she survives this. She is in pretty bad shape. Much love and thanks for letting me vent a tad. Peace

G gnome

G gnome

I've experienced what your going through as an adult child of an addict and as an addict myself. I spent too much of my life ruining it. Ruin trust ,part of my kids lives lost. Multiple properties foreclosed .
I am so overwhelmingly excited to say I have 3yrs clean.
And better than that I am now able to appreciate my life in way that i dont think i ever could have before i picked up my first drug.
I used to be a heroin addict now im happier than i ever thought possible.
THERE IS HOPE

K

kolah

Stay strong. You are doing the right thing. Never give up on her and never stop loving her. When she is really ready she will make the choice...and remember that some things are out of your control. Just keep the door open no matter how it unfolds.

I wish you (her and her baby) all the best...good vibes and prayers your way!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I've experienced what your going through as an adult child of an addict and as an addict myself. I spent too much of my life ruining it. Ruin trust ,part of my kids lives lost. Multiple properties foreclosed .
I am so overwhelmingly excited to say I have 3yrs clean.
And better than that I am now able to appreciate my life in way that i dont think i ever could have before i picked up my first drug.
I used to be a heroin addict now im happier than i ever thought possible.
THERE IS HOPE
thanks for sharing that bro. Respect and congrats on your 3 years clean!!!!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Stay strong. You are doing the right thing. Never give up on her and never stop loving her. When she is really ready she will make the choice...and remember that some things are out of your control. Just keep the door open no matter how it unfolds.

I wish you (her and her baby) all the best...good vibes and prayers your way!
No no matter what I will never stop caring or loving her she is my flesh n blood. Hopefully she is ready. Shes pretty beat up I think she well may be ready this time. Respect!!!

G gnome

G gnome

I'm not ashamed to admit it. I at first was apprehensive about whether i should put that out there but i must say I am in a way proud of myself for overcoming my addiction.
For me i got so used to the instant gratification that when i tried to quit the million times before i actually succeeded. I would always give in. But the very first time i gave being drug free a legitimate chance i started to see positive results and i was able to rebuild. Rebuild trust, rebuild my confidence, my money. I still am a long way from regaining all the worldly things i used to have. But what i got in return. .. Priceless. Once she give clean living a shot she will not be disappointed

Kdub

Kdub

Good luck bro. I've been through addiction myself to some extent. I have had many friends go through extreme addiction. Right now I have 2 of them working for me and both have been clean for a while now. One is a year and a half from meth and heroin the other is 7 years clean from meth. Both were addicts for over 10 years. Just know that it can work with proper willpower and the right support group. These guys were off the Deep End and are making it. She definitely has a great chance. I wish you the best and am very hopeful for your daughter.

Skoosh

Skoosh

Look, I'm not trying to be cheesey, but this IS family!
I AM (slowly) re-applying my 'TMI' filter, so all I'll say is:
Been There, Done That. (bought a t shirt)
I have received SO MUCH understanding & support from THIS FAMILY that there's several hundred human beings STILL consuming oxyge... Nevermind
Suffice it to say I TOO have (extremely recently) needed & received SO MUCH support from THIS FAMILY!

And then... everything I said to you in PM...
J

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I hope the very best for your family.

I destroyed my family and did a decade+ in prison behind a strong cocaine addiction. I can attest that treatment only works if the person wants it too.

Even though it may be hard, if she doesn't react positively to treatment, tough love is the only thing an addict needs.

Shore up your heart. Have faith. Some people need to touch the very very bottom before they reach for the light. What you do for her now could be the very catalyst that harbors change. It's paramount that your not enabling any addictive behavior. There is such a fine moral line to walk between being a compassionate and caring parent and not being part of the problem. Sometimes you may feel like your not helping like you should as a parent or just as a good person.

You have to let her work out her own issues.

If she uses your grandchild as an emotion crutch to pull at your heart strings. Step back from her, let her addiction run it course, when CPS does intervene, then swoop in an rescue the baby. Be wary that some addicts prefer that their parents raise their children, so don't fall into that trap. And by trap, I mean enabling her to live carefree.

I wish the best for you. I pray for her.
Peace

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Nothing but love and positive vibes at you and yours @jumpincactus ! Sounds extremely tough but you're doing the right thing. Hoping for the very best for your daughter and granddaughter. Stay strong brother there is definitely a long road ahead but there is absolutely still hope. My heart goes out to you guys in these tough times

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

I thought I felt good vibes here.
Just remember that you're doing everything you can, no matter the outcome you did your fatherly part and supported her.
As much as I hate to say it now, I would have had a damn hard time getting sober without AA, if I could have at all. Despite their money grubbing, cultish ways it really helped. Now if they could just put down the cigarettes and pick up a joint...
Anywho, Best wishes sent, stay patient and the story will unfold

Top Bottom