Calling On Gavita Users

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
madscrapper

madscrapper

CAM00817
lower bud...imo the gavitas are great at penatrating,,rail helps hit angles.nice and dense even at bottom.i see i will be learning from you guys to get more outta my set up

stanklungs

stanklungs

Hey there @madscrapper I got a question for ya since your the first one I've come across using the gavita.

I was looking at the pro-e 270 lep gavita with the 41.02 emmitter. At almost a grand a pop I don't want to have buyers remorse. So from your experience do you think the light will preform equal to a 600w hps?

If anyone has tired this particular gavita I really love to hear from you. Thank you

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Hey there @madscrapper I got a question for ya since your the first one I've come across using the gavita.

I was looking at the pro-e 270 lep gavita with the 41.02 emmitter. At almost a grand a pop I don't want to have buyers remorse. So from your experience do you think the light will preform equal to a 600w hps?

If anyone has tired this particular gavita I really love to hear from you. Thank you

The LEP is almost comparable to a 600w, i haven't grown under the lep but I do know it is not as effective as a 315, which is about 1/3 the cost of an LEP

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

The LEP 270 is a great albeit way to expensive SUPPLEMENTAL light,it isnt really a stand alone light IMO.If i were you id look into the Sunsystems LEC315 at less than half the price.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
I am considering replacing my 2 1000w air cooled hoods with 3 gavita 600 w setups. Room is 10 x 10 x 10 and my ventilation is utilizing a 720 cfm inline fan pulling thru both hoods and out of the room into the attic.

Have you considered 2x gavita 1000w DE? You could cover 6x8 with that, leaving some space for access. The 600w is still SE, 2 750w with boost to 825, DE, a lot more efficient, would produce almost the same amount of light as three of the 600 SE which is good for barely 4x4' (which could work nicely, divid your space in 4, fill 3 parts with 1 lamp each, use the 4th for mother plants and cloning under T8/5/led and to dry.)

720 cfm is too low for 2K or 1800w. Easiest way to calculate what you need is use the wattage from the light as cubic meter per hour and convert to cfm.

For a 1k gavita a 1000 m3h to 1200 m3h (with carbon filter) works best. 720 cfm is roughly 1200m3h.

Cool tubes and ventilated closed hoods should be avoided whenever possible, hps with vents (and causing temp fluctuations in the tube) is a bad thing, they are designed to run hot. One should extract and replace the air it heats up not attempt to cool the lamp.

A/c isn't nessecary with just a few bulbs unless you don't have proper ventilation, or unless you live in the desert and cannot replace the air inside the growspace with cooler air. A proper exhaust seems to be one of the most underestimated aspects for folks switching to gavitas.

stanklungs

stanklungs

I looked into the 315w LEC and it seemed awesome but I got lost in all the bulb choices.

I'm looking for standalone lighting I'm limited on space and amps. So I have 15 amps to run 3 lights which I'd like to keep under 1000w.

@fishwhistle if I did go with the LEC what bulb for flowering would you recommend?

As the gavita goes I was bummed bc everything said good supplemental light until I saw they had the two different emmitters the 41.02 and the 41.01.
4101 4102 spectrum comparison 800px

Gavita claims the 41.02 can be used as a standalone. Also if you compare spectrums with the 315 LEC the plasma seems more stable. Where I'm uncertain is there enough power behind that spectrum to make my babies happy.

However I'm still open to the idea of LEC I just haven't heard any testimonials that say I'm killing it with the 315, were I'm like ok sold. I'm also as much concerned with quality as I am yeild. I want my girls dripping with resin which I'm seeing from the LEP growers.

Do you think the 315 can produce the same quality? I only bring this up bc I've heard rumors of over a pound per 315 LEC which is great but the trich production wasn't as high as his other lights.

stanklungs

stanklungs

315s usually run a little over 3 amps on 120, so with 15 amps you could be running 4. A pound per light is pretty consistent in a well-controlled room. I'd say the quality goes up as well.
Ok thank you that's what I was looking to hear. I've noticed they have a few different bulbs any recommendations on what would be best for flowering?

madscrapper

madscrapper

I only tried the flex pro 6/750 de.I love it.I've tried all kinds of HPS and led lights.I think gavita blows them away.I kno a couple guys that went cheep trying to get a double ended hps(phantom I believe was one) and they regreted it.I researched my ass off and happily landed on the gavita.I seen some impressive warehouse/green house grows with gravitas as well,,hung 20' above the canopy in some.I'm by no means an expert on the subject but the past year I have really enjoyed the performance. I won't buy another light unless its another gavita.jmho.
I never tried the LP but I highly recommend researching and checking reviews.Also,high times did a study with all the top lights...I'll look for the arrival for you.the gavita kicked ass in almost every category. Hope this helps a bit..

madscrapper

madscrapper

Oh yeah,some peeps may slam me for this,but I use a t5 high output with agromax pur par line of uv-a"plus" bulbs...I deffinetly beleave its helped with tric production.I mean our plants produce trics as a means of protection,one of them being from the suns UV rays right?so I figured I'd give it s try.it emittes uv-a and b.their web site shows the full spec..
But yeah,I really like these bulbs..I like the whole pur par line up except the pur bloom lacks intensity it seems.but I mix a few different spectrums of t5ho in veg and I love it.less heat and electricity then a hid.I veg smaller plants tho..I'd go hid if I grew bigger plants but I like tryin lots of different strains so I run lots of mid size and small plants.also,,I don't keep them inches from the canopy.if I bloomed w t5 then yeah..but my veg room has clones,seedlings and vegging plants under the same lights and they hang a couple feet above the tallest canopy

stanklungs

stanklungs

Oh yeah,some peeps may slam me for this,but I use a t5 high output with agromax pur par line of uv-a"plus" bulbs...I deffinetly beleave its helped with tric production.I mean our plants produce trics as a means of protection,one of them being from the suns UV rays right?so I figured I'd give it s try.it emittes uv-a and b.their web site shows the full spec..
But yeah,I really like these bulbs..I like the whole pur par line up except the pur bloom lacks intensity it seems.but I mix a few different spectrums of t5ho in veg and I love it.less heat and electricity then a hid.I veg smaller plants tho..I'd go hid if I grew bigger plants but I like tryin lots of different strains so I run lots of mid size and small plants.also,,I don't keep them inches from the canopy.if I bloomed w t5 then yeah..but my veg room has clones,seedlings and vegging plants under the same lights and they hang a couple feet above the tallest canopy
See the way you talk about gavita pulls at my heartstrings. I believe in my gut LEP will be the future. Its the same light as the sun. Nature perfected by man. It feels right.
I have a hard choice to make. I'm thinking I'll do a split.

As far as the t5ho can't knock it till you try it, and it sounds reasonable so I'll give it a go. Always down for a little R&D.

madscrapper

madscrapper

See the way you talk about gavita pulls at my heartstrings. I believe in my gut LEP will be the future. Its the same light as the sun. Nature perfected by man. It feels right.
I have a hard choice to make. I'm thinking I'll do a split.

As far as the t5ho can't knock it till you try it, and it sounds reasonable so I'll give it a go. Always down for a little R&D.
I don't mean to push it on ya...im just sharing my thoughts on the gavita.. I have no clue about lep really.the sun is whst we are really tryin to immitate and if lep is the closest to it....
Im actually gonna check it out.its been a year since ive looked at whats new in the lighting world and a lot happens in that time as far as advances.
Either way good luck bud.I hope you find a great light.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I looked into the 315w LEC and it seemed awesome but I got lost in all the bulb choices.

I'm looking for standalone lighting I'm limited on space and amps. So I have 15 amps to run 3 lights which I'd like to keep under 1000w.

@fishwhistle if I did go with the LEC what bulb for flowering would you recommend?

As the gavita goes I was bummed bc everything said good supplemental light until I saw they had the two different emmitters the 41.02 and the 41.01.View attachment 565515

Gavita claims the 41.02 can be used as a standalone. Also if you compare spectrums with the 315 LEC the plasma seems more stable. Where I'm uncertain is there enough power behind that spectrum to make my babies happy.

However I'm still open to the idea of LEC I just haven't heard any testimonials that say I'm killing it with the 315, were I'm like ok sold. I'm also as much concerned with quality as I am yeild. I want my girls dripping with resin which I'm seeing from the LEP growers.

Do you think the 315 can produce the same quality? I only bring this up bc I've heard rumors of over a pound per 315 LEC which is great but the trich production wasn't as high as his other lights.
3100k for flowering,4200k for vegging or supplemental is what most do i think.

R

Randog3

Be careful when putting small plants under gavitas. I would recommend dimming them down. I can put small plants into a 20k mh veg room no problem but put small plants into a 24k gavita room with only 12 lights on and almost fried them with gavitas at about 8' and 1000w. Dimmed them down and moved lights to 10' very quickly.

madscrapper

madscrapper

Be careful when putting small plants under gavitas. I would recommend dimming them down. I can put small plants into a 20k mh veg room no problem but put small plants into a 24k gavita room with only 12 lights on and almost fried them with gavitas at about 8' and 1000w. Dimmed them down and moved lights to 10' very quickly.
That's another reason I use mine on a light mover...and I still dail it down to 750w

BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond

I run 6 Sun System dual 315 LEC and a broad spectrum build setup. The initial cost is the killer part. ROI is still yet to be determined. Time will tell. But I can tell you this for sure. Heat alone is a huge difference, room HVAC and temp control is now cake. I maintain 79-82 at canopy lights on, 65-72 lights off and average 42% RH at all times. 2 inline Phat fans at 8" push and pull enough air to do complete room air changes every few minutes. A 30x8 Phat charchol filter scrubs all exhausted air. In room air movement is maintained in a nice constant breeze. The light change has made a world of difference in the ability to control climate. I now shut off room fans automatically 40 mins after dark, on 40 mins prior to lights. Lights bring up room temp nicely, maintain temp all day. Amp draw is minimum. I run my 240 VAC lamps and dryer on the same circuit with a 30amp breaker and have never ever had an issue. As far as yield, yes a Lb per lamp is achievable. BD

madscrapper

madscrapper

I run 6 Sun System dual 315 LEC and a broad spectrum build setup. The initial cost is the killer part. ROI is still yet to be determined. Time will tell. But I can tell you this for sure. Heat alone is a huge difference, room HVAC and temp control is now cake. I maintain 79-82 at canopy lights on, 65-72 lights off and average 42% RH at all times. 2 inline Phat fans at 8" push and pull enough air to do complete room air changes every few minutes. A 30x8 Phat charchol filter scrubs all exhausted air. In room air movement is maintained in a nice constant breeze. The light change has made a world of difference in the ability to control climate. I now shut off room fans automatically 40 mins after dark, on 40 mins prior to lights. Lights bring up room temp nicely, maintain temp all day. Amp draw is minimum. I run my 240 VAC lamps and dryer on the same circuit with a 30amp breaker and have never ever had an issue. As far as yield, yes a Lb per lamp is achievable. BD
Nice set up.bet u have beasts growing under that

Top Bottom