Calling Out The Organic Growing Machines

• Thread starter oldskol4evr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tifosi

tifosi

I like my new growth to be slightly liter in color,to much N & your quality will drop off from what I have experienced. I have one I figured was a male & started to flower for pollen & hit it with to much N to reveg,in a few months I can show you a side by side comparison.

Organikz

Organikz

@oldskol4evr I'm following. You sparked my interest and were right here. Is this a topic discussion thread or a journal? She's crying for a transplant. You know how organic growing is. Root mass is king. Let those girls spread their legs.

I'm an enzyme feeder. No target feeds. Same schedule from sprout to chop. I use blumat auto irrigation so just a neem/kelp tea every 3 days, coconut water every 3 days, and MBP with fulvic/silica/aloe. Top dress worm castings kelp meal and karanja once a month.

Organikz

Organikz

And the damn bottled salts aren't organic. Stop using that argument. They take the definition out of context. The difference in organic growing isn't the salt nutrients it's the enzymes released during decomposition that stimulate natural processes that cannot be achieved through salts. Plants expressing their genetics to their full potential. The flavor of my Afghan cow is so complexed its developed into 5 different flavors as it ages. Piney, spicy, nutty, skunky, key lime pie, and sweet floral. I've tasted all of them.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

@oldskol4evr I'm following. You sparked my interest and were right here. Is this a topic discussion thread or a journal? She's crying for a transplant. You know how organic growing is. Root mass is king. Let those girls spread their legs.

I'm an enzyme feeder. No target feeds. Same schedule from sprout to chop. I use blumat auto irrigation so just a neem/kelp tea every 3 days, coconut water every 3 days, and MBP with fulvic/silica/aloe. Top dress worm castings kelp meal and karanja once a month.
healthy and all looking great,,i too have used coconut and aloe vera water with great results,even used the catus water thinking maybe a drop in feed with it,,no noticable change,,i try to find things that dont cost so much,even though those products work very well,i can only get it in a quart size paper carton in local grocery,and they arent cheap,,but when it comes to healthy things for or body nothing is,,something messed up about that in my opinion,,easy to say we american are all obeise,,but in same breath junk is cheap and healthy is going to the bank and drwing a week wage to stay that way,hahahah,,i have used the enzemy powder from kelp4less mainly to deal with compaction,,neem cake is a must but there you go again cost,,kanja cake i cant seem to find at reasonable cost either,,i have found them ,but in combinaton i havent,,kanja and neem combined are supose to be the best for bugs,,but damn the cost of them both,i can buy my grand baby lunch at the school cafe for a month,lmao,,but no journal here jsut me trying to get input from folks that love the organic way of life,,im learning every day ,and share what i learn and want to learn from all yall,if you dig what im saying,,hahah that idiot amunetoweed was here too,if you read front 2 pages me and it go on for a while then like a flash he was gone and all that he wrote,,funny it was,,but when you start a new thread and at any site you always have at least one do that shit,lmao

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

okay so at the end of may i chopped and filled 5 of these buckets with comfrey,,this is the end product,it was have full this morning,and i used about 1 1/2 cups to put in this char im charging,,staaaaaanky,,mama told me get off the porch and sidewalk lmao,,so the char been in there a week now,,bio initate,kamino,ewc,and now concentrate comfrey,,in a week it goes to the garden to make some magic,,some will be in my soil with clones in the tent,,lmao wonder what kind shit mama gonna do then

8 23 001
8 23 002
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

okay so at the end of may i chopped and filled 5 of these buckets with comfrey,,this is the end product,it was have full this morning,and i used about 1 1/2 cups to put in this char im charging,,staaaaaanky,,mama told me get off the porch and sidewalk lmao,,so the char been in there a week now,,bio initate,kamino,ewc,and now concentrate comfrey,,in a week it goes to the garden to make some magic,,some will be in my soil with clones in the tent,,lmao wonder what kind shit mama gonna do then
ill add all the concentrate juice from the char and the remnace of the comfrey goes in to the compost pile,,turned yesterday and damn stuff half done and smells like some fresh spring dirt,half way there,lol

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Great thread! I'm sure the organic vatos don't post as much cuz of constant trolling. People hate on organic. Keep up the good work.. but there are still sum of us out there...
thanks ,,join on in,im avoiding straining that comfrey,lmao that some stanky shit in deed ,get on them hands and it there a while,,i wear gloves but always seem to get some on me,lol,gonna add some green manure to it,get it nice and ripe,lol

Organikz

Organikz

healthy and all looking great,,i too have used coconut and aloe vera water with great results,even used the catus water thinking maybe a drop in feed with it,,no noticable change,,i try to find things that dont cost so much,even though those products work very well,i can only get it in a quart size paper carton in local grocery,and they arent cheap,,but when it comes to healthy things for or body nothing is,,something messed up about that in my opinion,,easy to say we american are all obeise,,but in same breath junk is cheap and healthy is going to the bank and drwing a week wage to stay that way,hahahah,,i have used the enzemy powder from kelp4less mainly to deal with compaction,,neem cake is a must but there you go again cost,,kanja cake i cant seem to find at reasonable cost either,,i have found them ,but in combinaton i havent,,kanja and neem combined are supose to be the best for bugs,,but damn the cost of them both,i can buy my grand baby lunch at the school cafe for a month,lmao,,but no journal here jsut me trying to get input from folks that love the organic way of life,,im learning every day ,and share what i learn and want to learn from all yall,if you dig what im saying,,hahah that idiot amunetoweed was here too,if you read front 2 pages me and it go on for a while then like a flash he was gone and all that he wrote,,funny it was,,but when you start a new thread and at any site you always have at least one do that shit,lmao

Every day coots is learning more and more about malted grains. He has removed shellfish flour because of the even higher amounts of very quickly available chitin in them, almost immediate effect. I'm sure you're familiar with chitin and chitinase. He is noticing higher levels of phosphatase which is one of the amylase found in malted grains in malted rye. I'm almost thinking of trying that and deducting the neem meal. I think thats what hes hinting at.

Great thread! I'm sure the organic vatos don't post as much cuz of constant trolling. People hate on organic. Keep up the good work.. but there are still sum of us out there...

Isn't that the truth. We're all hippies who jerk off in the forest. Not it's about not being able to follow an hour to hour schedule. Life happens man. We're busy. My old lady already gets pissed when I have to do dial ins. Why not open your sails and let nature do the work...

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Every day coots is learning more and more about malted grains. He has removed shellfish flour because of the even higher amounts of very quickly available chitin in them, almost immediate effect. I'm sure you're familiar with chitin and chitinase. He is noticing higher levels of phosphatase which is one of the amylase found in malted grains in malted rye. I'm almost thinking of trying that and deducting the neem meal. I think thats what hes hinting at.

Isn't that the truth. We're all hippies who jerk off in the forest. Not it's about not being able to follow an hour to hour schedule. Life happens man. We're busy. My old lady already gets pissed when I have to do dial ins. Why not open your sails and let nature do the work...
i use oyster shell flour and crab meal,,cant find lobster,,well i can but only a metric ton,,haah imagine the shipping cost from japan,,lmao,,i dont understand why he removing it though,,i think it works great and the bioligy sure loves it,,im not wild about fish emulsions,simply bexause it attracts all the wild cats in the area,,i use it every now and then but not often,,my tea are mainly oats,rye and comfrey,kelp and alfalfa,,i like to switch it up,,seems to keep everything perky,lmao,,ive seen his recipe and wasnt wild about it simply because of the peat moss,,breaks down to quick and reamending it gets to my back,,i use the jar method for my base and go from there with amends for lovely soil,,if all 3 are equal or close cant go wrong,,the enzymnes you mention do the work from prevention of that,especailly yucca,,i try every feeding to use it,,and just havent got around to getting more,,im only half way with my garden and still need about 10yrds compost and same for garden soil,,test results have the soil way low in nitrogen count,but what you gonna do living on a rock,,so i just get it and build it myself and hope for them to come,lmao,,and after im done with the garden down the hill i got to get a container garden ready for mama behind the house,,she got titanium knees and she just itching to out do me in veggies,,hahahah,but going with 55 gal barrels cut in half for that about 9 to start,,so more soil building,,be glad when i get to a point of just amending the stuff every year,,lmao,,to old for this shit anymore but enjoy it,,just takes longer,hahahah much longer,lol

Organikz

Organikz

i dont understand why he removing it though,,i think it works great and the bioligy sure loves it,,im not wild about fish emulsions,simply bexause it attracts all the wild cats in the area,,i use it every now and then but not often,,my tea are mainly oats,rye and comfrey,kelp and alfalfa,,i like to switch it up,,seems to keep everything perky,lmao,,ive seen his recipe and wasnt wild about it simply because of the peat moss,,breaks down to quick and reamending it gets to my back
Everything provided by crustacean meal is provided by the MBP and then some. Its redundant. Any time he zeros in on an overlap he cancels it out. For instance oyster shell flour used to be his liming agent. Coots mix is really geared toward no till style gardening. Once you have pure humus you will remain exactly 6.8 pH. I don't care if you pour straight lemon juice in...lol ok I may be stretching it. No peat moss or liming amendment needed. Just suggesting a cheaper substitute. Tis all good.

The only purpose of peat is so we can add carbonates without making the soil go basic. This won't happen with high humus.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Everything provided by crustacean meal is provided by the MBP and then some. Its redundant. Any time he zeros in on an overlap he cancels it out. For instance oyster shell flour used to be his liming agent. Coots mix is really geared toward no till style gardening. Once you have pure humus you will remain exactly 6.8 pH. I don't care if you pour straight lemon juice in...lol ok I may be stretching it. No peat moss or liming amendment needed. Just suggesting a cheaper substitute. Tis all good.

The only purpose of peat is so we can add carbonates without making the soil go basic. This won't happen with high humus.
what is mbp

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Malted barley powder. I buy a bag of malted barley grain. I buy a 50 lb bag at the local brewery. I like brewers malt 2 row.
oh okay sounds like your getting great deal that makes for some great tea,,you ever use wheat grain?here were im at i can find small quanities but not bulk,have to go to health stores to find it,same with the coconut water,you can buy powder form,,costly though,,i relize there are cost to fill jars ,but damn like these folk already know what we use it for,hahah,,never did strain that comfrey today,hahah,,oooh wee thats a chore you got to motivate yourself for,,we got a tropical storm moving in ,expected 20 in rain,,hell if i get 2 in i be happy,,comfrey will start growing agin,lol,,that stuff really does a great job as fertilizer just stinks to high heaven,to bad that smell dont run off the bugs

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

im kinda curious how maze would work,i use to ferment it for use over my trotline,,stinky shit would bring them cat in,lol,,but im thinking that would also be a good bacteria tea also,,when i cook soil i use oatmeal in my soil mix in a couple days you will have a web growing in your soil,,with the table scraps ,tea and coffee i add a bit of the oatmeal in with it hadnt had any bad effects or at least havent noticed any,,even after 36 hrs of bubbling,i put remainders of what in the bag and put on my flower beds,still grows a web on the soil

Organikz

Organikz

im kinda curious how maze would work,i use to ferment it for use over my trotline,,stinky shit would bring them cat in,lol,,but im thinking that would also be a good bacteria tea also,,when i cook soil i use oatmeal in my soil mix in a couple days you will have a web growing in your soil,,with the table scraps ,tea and coffee i add a bit of the oatmeal in with it hadnt had any bad effects or at least havent noticed any,,even after 36 hrs of bubbling,i put remainders of what in the bag and put on my flower beds,still grows a web on the soil
Maze is great. Loaded with the same enzymes. Once it's fermented you destroy the enzymes.

She just got her transplant and neem oil. I add lemon grass oil to cover the smell.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Maze is great. Loaded with the same enzymes. Once it's fermented you destroy the enzymes.

She just got her transplant and neem oil. I add lemon grass oil to cover the smell.
i use the shit out of lemon grass and citronella,,mosquito country here,,i hate deet or spray on shit,smell screws with my sinus,sticky as hell,,the lemon and citronella doesnt effect me and if i pass out no worry of getting all over my bed,lmao

GreenLion

GreenLion

I run about the same but i have no cat problems so i use fish and crab mills also Green sand, oyster shell, neem mill,. Currently outdoors is a 2 year compost with goat manure and variety of woods, I water in my a.c.t to feed.
i use the shit out of lemon grass and citronella,,mosquito country here,,i hate deet or spray on shit,smell screws with my sinus,sticky as hell,,the lemon and citronella doesnt effect me and if i pass out no worry of getting all over my bed,lmao
Lemon grass is a must, along with lavender and citronella. I always like to slap those bitches off tho..kill them softly..

Organikz

Organikz

Check this out. Just cranking these 150g worm reactors up. I put a bunch in their already but I lost a lot because of a blumat malfunction that dried them out. I have uncle jims composting worm pack arriving today. 500 red wrigglers and 250 euro night crawlers. The night crawlers stay near the bottom to finish the castings off. I may actually breed the worms in 10g totes. Easier to monitor them and I can concentrate their MBP feeding. Worms benefit from the cytokine provided by malted grains. They increase their metabolic activity. We're talking about making swarms and swarms. I loaded this container with double mulched leaves I've been composting since last fall. I do lasagna layers of compost then I top it with kelp, karanja, MBP and alfalfa. A layer of lava rock for aeration. Then another layer of compost. Rinse and repeat.

20170820_105055-jpg.731798

I keep joking with my lady but am actually considering selling worms and castings. Look it up. It's actually quite a lucrative business with nearly no overhead. I mean damn I pretty much spent a nickel for each worm. The crawlers are expensive. They are some fat bastards though.

All jokes aside allowing the worms to eat my inputs puts all of the inputs in the castings. I crushed red lava rock into dust and threw that in also to feed the worms gizzards.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom