Can someone please help with this deficiency

• Thread starter Deforced
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deforced

Deforced

Hi pal, plants are looking OK but I bit too soon to tell at the moment, would you recommend adding a little calmag to the res? Canna says that the A+B they provide is designed to work with my tap water and that there is no need to add any calmag products but I'm still curious because I know coco hogs calmag. What are your thoughts?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi pal, plants are looking OK but I bit too soon to tell at the moment, would you recommend adding a little calmag to the res? Canna says that the A+B they provide is designed to work with my tap water and that there is no need to add any calmag products but I'm still curious because I know coco hogs calmag. What are your thoughts?
I’d skip it the coco a and b will be enough. If you have a cal or mag issue it’s another issues causing it. I’ll pop in tomorrow to read through and ask some questions to further dial you in.

but remember and damage you see will not get better and WILL get worse. Pay attention to new growth or spreading Olof issue to new leaves

Deforced

Deforced

I’d skip it the coco a and b will be enough. If you have a cal or mag issue it’s another issues causing it. I’ll pop in tomorrow to read through and ask some questions to further dial you in.

but remember and damage you see will not get better and WILL get worse. Pay attention to new growth or spreading Olof issue to new leaves
Cheers pal, I'll take a look soon and update you on them.

Deforced

Deforced

Can't see any major improvement yet, waiting for new growth to appear. They were gone quite far with the deficiency I'd definitely say late stage so maybe they are shocked and need a bit of time to recover. I'm desperate to flip to flower because of how big they are but I'm worried if I flip them now and I haven't got the problem under control I will end up with no flowers! What are your thoughts?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can't see any major improvement yet, waiting for new growth to appear. They were gone quite far with the deficiency I'd definitely say late stage so maybe they are shocked and need a bit of time to recover. I'm desperate to flip to flower because of how big they are but I'm worried if I flip them now and I haven't got the problem under control I will end up with no flowers! What are your thoughts?
Wait 2 days

Deforced

Deforced

20220413 112858

Deforced

Deforced

I’m not seeing it get worse. Lager orlder leaves are getting worse and that’s to be expected. New growth is looking fine to me.

nitice the inner new growth is greener than you orginal photo.

start pruning off all the damage leaves
Yes I actually notice that, so I'm best off pruning all leaves that are damaged? Just to let you know, the inner pots are what sit inside the outerpots, I've noticed that the outerpots leave water in the bottom which the roots sit in which have grown out of the inner pot, the water is only about 1inch but not actually touching the inner pot but because the roots have grown out and are dangling in the water is that a concern? I will attach photos if you don't understand. Thanks

Deforced

Deforced

Yes I actually notice that, so I'm best off pruning all leaves that are damaged? Just to let you know, the inner pots are what sit inside the outerpots, I've noticed that the outerpots leave water in the bottom which the roots sit in which have grown out of the inner pot, the water is only about 1inch but not actually touching the inner pot but because the roots have grown out and are dangling in the water is that a concern? I will attach photos if you don't understand. Thanks
Just to add the inner pot is the one the coco medium is in

Deforced

Deforced

Today I tested the water in the bottom of the pots and they are the exact same as the EC and ph going in too

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Root growing out are fine. They will grow anywhere there is enough moisture.

you can prune but leave some for the plant to draw on

Deforced

Deforced

Very strange then, I don't really see any major improvements but I'm going to take it easy on my next run and see how things work out. If same problems occur then maybe I will switch to rdwc system. I do appreciate your help. Thankyou

SSgrower

SSgrower

He's like 1 of the best trainers any new grower could have, along with a few others who frequent this forum, your getting real guidance. Cheers SS

Deforced

Deforced

He's like 1 of the best trainers any new grower could have, along with a few others who frequent this forum, your getting real guidance. Cheers SS
100% agree, I've looked through previous posts and can see he's helped them dramatically.

Moshmen

Moshmen

For real aqua is the man and we are lucky to have him back - I’ll bet this cat has saved thousands of new grower plants !

there are also many other masters here ! This is one if not the greatest place to get honest helpful info

Top Bottom