Canna Coco

• Thread starter mmmdankbuds420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Sure you'll be fine, just make sure to get some calmg in every watering to avoid any defencies

I also mix in 1/3 pearlite

Coco is worth a few runs cuz you'll learn plenty, but in the long run I'll bet you come back to soil
Interesting MC, I've been using peat for years and I love the stuff but the current room I have in canna coco beds seems to be CRUSHING my peat rooms.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Interesting MC, I've been using peat for years and I love the stuff but the current room I have in canna coco beds seems to be CRUSHING my peat rooms.
We talking hand water or automated?
If you've got the time to hand water soil its the way to go.

If I were to set up recirc tables again, coco would sound a lot more appealing

I will say coco always vegs faster. But come harvest time its always the dirt girls in big old pots that get my panties all wet

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Great info guys! I love it :) could i bother you for some differences between soil and coco.
I noticed you said they veg faster. I've heard of better root growth and development. Bigger buds with coco. I really lean towards organic growing for the better quality of flavor and aroma. But how big of a difference do these things make. I know hydro flowers faster, will coco? Anything and everything you guys come up with will be very appreciated. Thanks guys.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Great info guys! I love it :) could i bother you for some differences between soil and coco.
I noticed you said they veg faster. I've heard of better root growth and development. Bigger buds with coco. I really lean towards organic growing for the better quality of flavor and aroma. But how big of a difference do these things make. I know hydro flowers faster, will coco? Anything and everything you guys come up with will be very appreciated. Thanks guys.
Hard to say one will veg faster than the other, depends on your experience and knowledge of a specific media. If youre leaning towards organic it is certainly doable in coco but Peat will harbor more microbes which is what youre after with organics. When I think of coco I think of production/hydro - when I think of peat I think less production better quality.

This is by no means scientific fact but my opinion from my own experience with the two medias.

Btw, there are 2 threads here from Cap and MidWestDesity that show Peat to be the better media in veg and coco to produce more product.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Saw caps side by side but not mwds
Its kinda comparing apples and oranges, the two have very diff needs.

For me in coco, hit them with 600 ppm of nutrients right out the gate. Make sure there's good medium aeriation. Massive root growth right away. Massive plant growth quickly follows.

Most people are afraid to hit their coco plants with nutrients right away, but with coco you almost have to. If you do this with roots organic or ocean forest you'll fry some shit

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Saw caps side by side but not mwds
Its kinda comparing apples and oranges, the two have very diff needs.

For me in coco, hit them with 600 ppm of nutrients right out the gate. Make sure there's good medium aeriation. Massive root growth right away. Massive plant growth quickly follows.

Most people are afraid to hit their coco plants with nutrients right away, but with coco you almost have to. If you do this with roots organic or ocean forest you'll fry some shit
Canna im guessing? Which nutes? Which brand Cal/Mag?

BIGDAMBUD1

BIGDAMBUD1

We talking hand water or automated?
If you've got the time to hand water soil its the way to go.

If I were to set up recirc tables again, coco would sound a lot more appealing

I will say coco always vegs faster. But come harvest time its always the dirt girls in big old pots that get my panties all wet

I agree masta...been there done that myself...it's dirt now for me...B

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

From the sounds of it if I want the best quality smoke itll be soil. Coco and hydro is more for cash croppers or commercial growers? Bigger crops less maintenance? I only have 8 plants in my flowering room now. So it only takes an hour or two a day of attention. Mostly just keep in my buds company :)

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

From the sounds of it if I want the best quality smoke itll be soil. Coco and hydro is more for cash croppers or commercial growers? Bigger crops less maintenance? I only have 8 plants in my flowering room now. So it only takes an hour or two a day of attention. Mostly just keep in my buds company :)
If personal and quality is your pursuit I would strongly suggest Soil, yes.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Thanks a lot guys. I'm really glad we got to have this conversation. I don't think I'm gonna make the jump anymore. Its all personal smoke and I really only want the best flavor possible. Lol. Maybe someday I'll try a couple in coco but for now ima keep it alllll natural :)
Thanks guys i really appreciate it.

Hank

Hank

Thinking about making the jump from soil to coco and was thinking of using the canna coco nutes and following the canna feed chart. Anybody care to share some experiences? Will this feeding regiment suffice?
EC
This is also my first grow with canna coco line. I contacted them about using RO and that there feeding schedule doesn't include any Cal/Mag. Their instruction was not to add any Cal/Mag because it adds unwanted N and P but to add enough tap water to bring the EC up 0.2. my tap water (well water) was already 0.8 EC this should take care of the cal/mg.
I am following the feeding schedule that includes a feeding seedlings 1.1 EC so far so good, I was a little nervous though.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

So I made the switch from soil to promix to hempy to coco. I am still in hempy but coco is killing everything. It's awesome and has been easy as hell. Good luck bro. Keep an eye on ur Cal mag and ur K!
lol, this post is old man...wrapping up my first round now and....HOLY SHIT... check out my 'GR33N ROOM 2'

Delerium

Delerium

Sure you'll be fine, just make sure to get some calmg in every watering to avoid any defencies

I also mix in 1/3 pearlite

Coco is worth a few runs cuz you'll learn plenty, but in the long run I'll bet you come back to soil
Soil like Aurora Mix or a homemade amended soil?
Amended soil vs Promix BX soiless?
DTW on coco?

Top Bottom