Canna Coco

• Thread starter mmmdankbuds420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Grabbing complete line this week. The +size and +life as well. Keep you posted.
Perfect, definitely keep me posted...I'd like a first hand account of this product in canna...

Sounds like a plan. I'm just trying to figure out the next 6 months. Gonna run through the Canna Coco and Nutes either way. I want to use the same base for Coco ands UC. So it winds up being Canna, CS, or a soluble and I haven't much of a clue on solubles. I wouldn't mind trying the coco medium in the UC.

CS nutes are suppose to be legit..however, Jacks (3-2-1) was REALLY simple to use, very inexpensive and my plants loved it. The reason I am leaning towards the veg+bloom is because of all the additives it offers and it will simplify my operation.

Delerium

Delerium

Perfect, definitely keep me posted...I'd like a first hand account of this product in canna...

CS nutes are suppose to be legit..however, Jacks (3-2-1) was REALLY simple to use, very inexpensive and my plants loved it. The reason I am leaning towards the veg+bloom is because of all the additives it offers and it will simplify my operation.
I need to simplify shit also, running hydro and promix is what I've been doing for the past year. TOOOO much having to juggle the Veg Room with 2 diff mediums and styles.

Delerium

Delerium

The UC is starting to pop, need to find a better vegging method for that.
Or top feed coco in airpots, or top feed grodan chunks in 1.5 pots.
Do you really have to feed the coco multiple times a day or is once enough?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

The UC is starting to pop, need to find a better vegging method for that.
Or top feed coco in airpots, or top feed grodan chunks in 1.5 pots.
Do you really have to feed the coco multiple times a day or is once enough?
I hand water my beds 2-3 times a week, 30 gallons per bed. Beds are 4x8x8"...They hardly ever dry out but I feed them tea regularly, to avoid rot. Multiple daily feedings or even once per day isn't necessary...Though, I would imagine if I fed the appropriate amount and coordinated the times right I could use the same 30 gallons over 2-3 days and my plants would be happier with the steady addition of O2....This would require an irrigation system though and I'm not there yet..

Delerium

Delerium

Halo rings. One the 4x8 feeding the chunks, hydroton or coco.
I'm trying to not carry promix upstairs anymore and then back down again now my buddys got me fucking with coco. Whole reason y I started back on hydro again. At least you can burn the coco to get rid of it if it starts piling up. Promix won't burn so easily. Plus perlite all over your lawn.
:asshat:

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Hahah... Sounds like a HUGE headache...

I've trekked 100's of lbs of dirt up and down my stairs...NO MORE...my coco beds can be reused for years. If you're in pots consider a large plastic bin and dump all your coco in it after each round, remove roots, fluff it up and re-pot.

Delerium

Delerium

Hahah... Sounds like a HUGE headache...

I've trekked 100's of lbs of dirt up my stairs...NO MORE...my coco beds can be reused for years. If you're in pots consider a large plastic bin and dump all your coco in it after each round, remove roots, fluff it up and re-pot.
Then flush with fresh water?
I thought most people just chuck the coco after a run. No issues with bacteria and dead root mass?
I guess the benies should take care of it.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Benies will keep your coco fresh as hell... and I wouldn't flush with plain water in the end, just lower ppms and check your runoff habitually. Tossing it is obviously safe but I hear from most after breaking coco in the following runs get better.

Delerium

Delerium

Benies will keep your coco fresh as hell... and I wouldn't flush with plain water in the end, just lower ppms and check your runoff habitually. Tossing it is obviously safe but I hear from most after breaking coco in the following runs get better.
Gotcha, first coco run I can reuse this run and get another and see if it I get it to work out.
I was always nervous of using a medium over again unless it is growstones, hydroton. I've never reused promix, which I always read is a no no.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Gotcha, first coco run I can reuse this run and get another and see if it I get it to work out.
I was always nervous of using a medium over again unless it is growstones, hydroton. I've never reused promix, which I always read is a no no.
I've reused promix several times... only issue is the dolomite lime buffer wears off and the peats acidity comes out so I simply add more dolomite lime...It buffers the medium and offers my Sours and OGs some Cal/Mag...however, the yield just isn't there..

Capfan

Capfan

Any thoughts on the pots that i ordered fellas? those smartpots at the local store were pretty pricet compred to the online site.

Delerium

Delerium

Any thoughts on the pots that i ordered fellas? those smartpots at the local store were pretty pricet compred to the online site.
Everyone liked them in the review section and the price is right.

Capfan

Capfan

Shoot, no idea they were in the review section, sorry about that, but thanks for the heads up...

Hank

Hank

Hank I hope u have at least 25% pearlite in there. Also if ur plants r wilting they are telling u to much water my brother. And 23 litres? Hope u have some space Cuz that is huge. I use no bigger than five gallons and that's pushing it to be honest.

23L is what I've been using in peat mix and it seemed to work good so I thought it would be ok with coco. I'm using canna coco with nothing else added I think that's my problem.
Should I transplant down to a smaller pot?
Xxx 001
Xxx 002
Xxx 003
Xxx 004
Xxx 005

Tnelz

Tnelz

23L is what I've been using in peat mix and it seemed to work good so I thought it would be ok with coco. I'm using canna coco with nothing else added I think that's my problem.
Should I transplant down to a smaller pot?View attachment 375645 View attachment 375646 View attachment 375647 View attachment 375648 View attachment 375649
I don't disagree with delirium. However for the most part ur girls look OK. Just back off on the water. They Def look over watered imo. Props on ur set up. Looks real clean bro. I've charged my coco and not charged and been fine both ways. Give them some food. Overall u should be fine. Here if u need me. Ur gonna have some trees in those pots brother!

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter

If you need some feedback on the veg+bloom I think @EVOKE used it for a while.

EVOKE

EVOKE

what up fellas... i ran the V+B a few times it is a good product jus make sure the powder dissolves i would always get gritty sediments at the bottom of my water buckets... they have a dirty version of V+B thats what i used now they have a few other products to go with it... to me i felt it needed a bloom booster my buds didnt get as dense so i switched back to 3part gh with kool bloom.... hope this helps...

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

what up fellas... i ran the V+B a few times it is a good product jus make sure the powder dissolves i would always get gritty sediments at the bottom of my water buckets... they have a dirty version of V+B thats what i used now they have a few other products to go with it... to me i felt it needed a bloom booster my buds didnt get as dense so i switched back to 3part gh with kool bloom.... hope this helps...
Damn bro, keepin' it real with the GH 3 part! Thanks for the feedback...How about Cal/Mag? Is it is the powder or did you need a additive?

Should I transplant down to a smaller pot?View attachment 375645 View attachment 375646 View attachment 375647 View attachment 375648 View attachment 375649

Honestly Hank, just get your humidity up, I had the same droopy problem until I got my humidity around 70%. They will fill that container with roots QUICK, if they're fed right. Do you have any benies? Sea Green/OG bio war? If so use them and use them often...

Top Bottom