Canna Coco

• Thread starter mmmdankbuds420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hank

Hank

I don't disagree with delirium. However for the most part ur girls look OK. Just back off on the water. They Def look over watered imo. Props on ur set up. Looks real clean bro. I've charged my coco and not charged and been fine both ways. Give them some food. Overall u should be fine. Here if u need me. Ur gonna have some trees in those pots brother!

I have been foliar feeding with some Cal/Mag and RO seems to helping with RH. They look better today, I have no clue what benies are? I have plenty to learn. What is overwatering? Is it when you water to soon between watering's? I water with 30% runoff. This time I weighed the pots empty then again after watering, from what I've read I shouldn't water until they drop 50 to 70%.
Appreciate the help GR.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

Ive been using veg plus bloom in beds and love it. Yeah theres sediment sometimes on the bottom .....plants dont seem to mind.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

Hank whats your rh temps light etc
I dont think its overwatering since the plants are well established.
Your medium might be locked out, check your run off.

Hank

Hank

Right now my temp is 28C and RH is a bit low at 26% but they do look better today. The leaves have that praying look to them.
I did check my runoff EC and it was 0.8, lower than the 1.3 going in. So I dont think I'm overfeeding. I'm using the canna line and grow guide.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I have been foliar feeding with some Cal/Mag and RO seems to helping with RH. They look better today, I have no clue what benies are? I have plenty to learn. What is overwatering? Is it when you water to soon between watering's? I water with 30% runoff. This time I weighed the pots empty then again after watering, from what I've read I shouldn't water until they drop 50 to 70%.
Appreciate the help GR.
Ok so bennies are beneficial microbes in ur medium. And overwintering is just that. Giving to much water. I think 30% run off is cool but considering the size of ur pots that's a ton of water. So when u water ur plants shouldn't droop at all. In saying that a slight droop is OK but ur plants are Def showing signs of to much water. Try adding some kelp to ur foliar and ur plants will green up nicely. Hope this helps bro!

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

whats the ph of the runoff?
Bump up your ec up and your rh up.
Foliar some kelp like tnelz said

Also dim your gavita

Hank

Hank

Ok so bennies are beneficial microbes in ur medium. And overwintering is just that. Giving to much water. I think 30% run off is cool but considering the size of ur pots that's a ton of water. So when u water ur plants shouldn't droop at all. In saying that a slight droop is OK but ur plants are Def showing signs of to much water. Try adding some kelp to ur foliar and ur plants will green up nicely. Hope this helps bro!

Ok Ill lighten up on the amount I water, I was using about 6 to 7 Liters per plant and the runoff was quick and get me some of those mircobes, oh and I need all the help I can get thanks.

Hank

Hank

whats the ph of the runoff?
Bump up your ec up and your rh up.
Foliar some kelp like tnelz said

Also dim your gavita

The temp is starting to creep up, my light is on 1150 I'll drop it to 1000w. The runoff pH I never took this time but going in was 5.8
Thanks for the help dr.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

turn it down to 600 man you only have a few plants in there. 1150 is meant to cover 5 x5 area packed with plants.

Tnelz

Tnelz

The temp is starting to creep up, my light is on 1150 I'll drop it to 1000w. The runoff pH I never took this time but going in was 5.8
Thanks for the help dr.
I suppose it's good to know pH of run off. I test just for piece of mind. As long as it's 5.7 to 5.9 even 6.0 going in u should be fine. Forgot what ur feeding. Also don't over think stuff bro. U just need to fine tune a bit ur doin OK. Keep it simple is the best advice I can give. Also I never really heard of too much light. Lights to close maybe but i've seen one plant grown with 1k worth of light and boy was it nice.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

I suppose it's good to know pH of run off. I test just for piece of mind. As long as it's 5.7 to 5.9 even 6.0 going in u should be fine. Forgot what ur feeding. Also don't over think stuff bro. U just need to fine tune a bit ur doin OK. Keep it simple is the best advice I can give. Also I never really heard of too much light. Lights to close maybe but i've seen one plant grown with 1k worth of light and boy was it nice.

Ive thrown 2400w at one plant before and the plant ate it up. But when a plant is unhealthy and trying to bounce back heavy light is detrimental to its improvement. Anytime I see a deficiency I lower the intensity. Address the problem and then back to norm again. Lowering the intensity slows the progression of deficiency.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Ive thrown 2400w at one plant before and the plant ate it up. But when a plant is unhealthy and trying to bounce back heavy light is detrimental to its improvement. Anytime I see a deficiency I lower the intensity. Address the problem and then back to norm again. Lowering the intensity slows the progression of deficiency.
Respect to both points. Agreed on both points!

Hank

Hank

Just a little update. Coco is working out great! After overcoming some early problems I'm really happy with how healthy my plants look in flower. Thanks everyone for taking the time to help me with some of the basics.
Cheers!
Plants 001
Plants 002

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

One can not over water in coco at all, increasing frequency of watering an light feed only aids in coco, it act like hydro. Plus with a good base no calmag is needed in my opinion! In fact I'm lean on the hater side when it comes to calmg of any type unless you have a deficiency of both, rarely happens! If you are transplanting in coco I would suggest to charge it to normal levels that you will be using.

I mix mine with hydrotons, really like them an dress the top inch with those amazing little clay balls, just looks so good, LOL. I use 3 gallon air pots an have brought in up to 8 zips in 10 weeks with a OG an Cheese mix. I use the simplest feed I can find, the Maxibloom at 7ml per gallon an 3ml of epson salt an usually have happy happy plants at around 5.8 an roughly around 900 to 1100 ppm's, really don't like going to low in ppm's!

In most cases I would say that people suffer lock out issues more so then deficiencies in their grow or environmental issues if you are using a solid base feed, sure you can always add stuff like Calmag but at what cost?

Hank,
Great looking grow!

LordOfThNugz

LordOfThNugz

One can not over water in coco at all, increasing frequency of watering an light feed only aids in coco, it act like hydro. Plus with a good base no calmag is needed in my opinion! In fact I'm lean on the hater side when it comes to calmg of any type unless you have a deficiency of both, rarely happens! If you are transplanting in coco I would suggest to charge it to normal levels that you will be using.

I mix mine with hydrotons, really like them an dress the top inch with those amazing little clay balls, just looks so good, LOL. I use 3 gallon air pots an have brought in up to 8 zips in 10 weeks with a OG an Cheese mix. I use the simplest feed I can find, the Maxibloom at 7ml per gallon an 3ml of epson salt an usually have happy happy plants at around 5.8 an roughly around 900 to 1100 ppm's, really don't like going to low in ppm's!

In most cases I would say that people suffer lock out issues more so then deficiencies in their grow or environmental issues if you are using a solid base feed, sure you can always add stuff like Calmag but at what cost?

Hank,
Great looking grow!

I kindly disagree. You can overwater in coco, but you can set things up to prevent that. If you don't rinse out most of the pith from the coir, it can bog down and cause all sorts of problems from overwatering. Cutting it with rinsed chunks of coco, rinsed perlite up to 40%, and even using rinsed hydroton helpes prevent that. However, your medium will dry faster, but this is a good thing if you are looking to maximize results through coco. With the medium drying faster, and with better aeration, you can feed multiple times a day. This leads to more fresh O2 to roots, smaller container requirements for plant size and rootball size, less build up of salts, better nutrient absorption, faster growth, bigger buds etc etc... You can also overwater in coco if your root structure is not solid.

LordOfTheNugZ

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

I kindly disagree. You can overwater in coco, but you can set things up to prevent that. If you don't rinse out most of the pith from the coir, it can bog down and cause all sorts of problems from overwatering. Cutting it with rinsed chunks of coco, rinsed perlite up to 40%, and even using rinsed hydroton helpes prevent that. However, your medium will dry faster, but this is a good thing if you are looking to maximize results through coco. With the medium drying faster, and with better aeration, you can feed multiple times a day. This leads to more fresh O2 to roots, smaller container requirements for plant size and rootball size, less build up of salts, better nutrient absorption, faster growth, bigger buds etc etc... You can also overwater in coco if your root structure is not solid.

LordOfTheNugZ

I suppose you are correct, if one set things up in such a manner that they actually drowned their plants in Coco, well then maybe they shouldn't be growing? See I didn't think or didn't assume some levels of human activity, an I suppose that is why they call you Lord? Yet in my defense I plead that coco is one of the harder mediums to drown a plant in, versus say soil? The addition of hydrotons vs perlite, IMHO would be better in a constant drip system or even any hand watering if you are feeding two or more times a day or depending upon how large of a pot you are using one feeding would suffice when using hydrotons instead of perlite.

Sarcasm an run-on sentences all in one post, consider it your lucky night! Sorry, finally broke down an got a new rig sooooo...............

Have a great night an may the cannabis gods smile upon you!

los0420

los0420

Sure you'll be fine, just make sure to get some calmg in every watering to avoid any defencies

I also mix in 1/3 pearlite

Coco is worth a few runs cuz you'll learn plenty, but in the long run I'll bet you come back to soil

Coco kills soil in every aspect if you ran coco and think soil out does coco you did not use coco how it was intended to be used

Tnelz

Tnelz

Coco kills soil in every aspect if you ran coco and think soil out does coco you did not use coco how it was intended to be used
I pretty much agree if ur talking growth rate and final yield. Def get faster growing plants that yield a little better. I use both depends on the mood I suppose. But final smell and taste I'm going to give the edge to organic grown soil. Argument that has gone on forever. Lol. Positive vibes to u bro.

los0420

los0420

I pretty much agree if ur talking growth rate and final yield. Def get faster growing plants that yield a little better. I use both depends on the mood I suppose. But final smell and taste I'm going to give the edge to organic grown soil. Argument that has gone on forever. Lol. Positive vibes to u bro.

Agree with what u said except for taste and smell I use organic teas and organic derived nutrients and to be honest i feel like my end product is as good or even better then most organic soil grown bud that I have smoked and believe me I have been to every cannabis cup in the last five years plus been to Amsterdam and know a shit ton of growers in Cali so in my time I have tried many samples not trying to dog soil but I believe the same quality with better growth rate and yield can be achieved in coco (quality coco/canna ) with quality nutrients . Positive vibes to you as well and you know how it is in our world of growing everybody has different tastes and different ways of doing things

Top Bottom