Cannabis Cup LA 2014

• Thread starter Roskito
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

knubs

No but got sick from some bad dabs (butane) at one of the booths. Me and the wife both got sick for a while..

hmmm...i think I know which booth that was. They had some sludgy oil and they had some chicks that didn't know anything about dabbing preparing dabs. They never even wiped the reclaim off the dabbers. It was gross..

and I did bring my own bong. I walked around with my 12 inch pure bong all day, but I smoked out a ton of people too and still wanted to hit all the epic pieces on display!

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

hmmm...i think I know which booth that was. They had some sludgy oil and they had some chicks that didn't know anything about dabbing preparing dabs. They never even wiped the reclaim off the dabbers. It was gross..

and I did bring my own bong. I walked around with my 12 inch pure bong all day, but I smoked out a ton of people too and still wanted to hit all the epic pieces on display!

Don't think it was the same booth. It was weird cause my wife had a hit from that same booth on Saturday w/o any problems. Then on Sunday we both went there and got sick. We think they did some quick ( not purged properly) wax Saturday night cause they were low for Sunday. Just a guess.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
When and where are they holding all these cups? I love coffee so maybe I should enter some of my Bubba Kush? Nothing like a good cup of Bubba to start your day! Thinking Emerald cup as I grow outdoor organic. Maybe in 2015?
Why not this year, Mr. Castle? You're gonna do a crop this year, right?

I saw all the sharing at the Emerald Cup and, while I'm not prone to illness, just didn't feel the need since I'm toking all day long anyway. I actually smoked less at the Cup than I do at home. :eek:

K

knubs

Don't think it was the same booth. It was weird cause my wife had a hit from that same booth on Saturday w/o any problems. Then on Sunday we both went there and got sick. We think they did some quick ( not purged properly) wax Saturday night cause they were low for Sunday. Just a guess.

hmm. i guess there were multiple booths with bad oil. i did get the feeling that most the vendors just kind of brought whatever extra oil they had that they didn't want to smoke or sell themselves... i even got some bunk wax from Dj Short. i talked to him for a long while when i could, and i am very stoked to have met him, but the wax he gave me leaves a HUGE glob of shit on the nail.... my guess is that it's neem oil..

also can we start a petition to get the vendors to stop blasting their stereos? that was honestly the thing that kind of ruined the cup for me. i have bad hearing and a quieter voice so i was not able to communicate well at all and it was super frustrating. dont get me wrong i like loud music and i even compete in car audio competitions regularly, but when you have 15 vendors in a 20 foot radius all trying to be louder than the next guy it just doesn't work out..

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

we need a fund setup for you to make the cup in SF. That avatar alone should be worthy of a donation by some farmers...lol
Wow, too bad I don't actually look like that, I'd be smaller but my hair would be nice.

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
I was going to enter my buds in to the SF cup like I did in the la cup that won 1st place Hybrid with GG#4. It looks like I cant enter unless im a vendor. So privet growers cant enter ??? that sucks. If any breeders have a booth and will let me enter my buds using there booth. I will let the vendor claim the win with me but I get to keep the cup. I'm sure some of you herd about the shadiness that went on on the la cup regarding the win and what flowers where used. This will never happen again

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I was going to enter my buds in to the SF cup like I did in the la cup that won 1st place Hybrid with GG#4. It looks like I cant enter unless im a vendor. So privet growers cant enter ??? that sucks. If any breeders have a booth and will let me enter my buds using there booth. I will let the vendor claim the win with me but I get to keep the cup. I'm sure some of you herd about the shadiness that went on on the la cup regarding the win and what flowers where used. This will never happen again
Fill us in.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
These cups are always a little shady if you ask me. It all comes down to who advertises. That`s one of the reasons only venders can enter, when`s the last time a consumer paid for advertisements? It`s not who`s got the dank as much as who brings in the $.

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
In this case Money had nothing to do with it. we did not have any money and we still won. so ... I will only say this once say here it is.

Lets just say the buds entered where mine up until the win then the next day after the win im told oh your buds where not used I used my own buds that he told me he did not have. My buds that he admits where better got blasted into oil to enter the concentrate division witch was never told to me . If he did blast my buds wheres the data thc%. there was no entree in that category I checked. I had friends there they told me no gg#4 in the concentrate division. everyone I have asked said they would never do what he did without permission. He did give the hole group credit. .But still he dropped the ball on this one

Last edited:
K

knubs

I plan on going to the SF Cup. Im trying to get into BOG's booth. After all his Sour Bubble is in GG#4

I will have gg#4 cuts with me

i can't believe i didn't get cuts of that when i was there... i've been seeing GG on the forums for a while now and it has always had me drooling, and i was stoked when i saw a post from Sunset saying that it would be available at the cup, but i thought there would be seeds. i have too many strains growing right now and im in the process of testing a lot of them, so it was a bad time for me to want to grab any more clones. i should have anyways though lol

if things go well for me i might go to the SF cup and i will definitely have to get a cut from you then if i can.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I've heard some peeps saying they've found broads on the GG4 cuts they bought from the Cup ......hope that's just a rumor!!

Top Bottom